Is transgender something to get upset about?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re:

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote:No, he's not harming any one.
I would say that wasn't true.

Don't some people regard him as a "role-model"? Then he's at least harming all the people who he's encouraging to pursue their self-destructive, mentally-ill condition as if it were just another "option," instead of getting help.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Re:

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote:
henry quirk wrote:No, he's not harming any one.
I would say that wasn't true.

Don't some people regard him as a "role-model"? Then he's at least harming all the people who he's encouraging to pursue their self-destructive, mentally-ill condition as if it were just another "option," instead of getting help.
'Role-model'. Another revolting yank concept. I'm pretty sure he doesn't describe himself as such. I really don't know why people have to be so wanky about everything. I'm frankly far more concerned with the destructiveness of kkkristians.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

henry quirk wrote:Veg,

When I say deviant I mean skewed in an unhealthy way from the baseline.

When i say pervert I mean sick twistoid who ought to get a taste of the business end of a baseball bat.

Child rapers are perverts; trannies are just deviant.

Harm the first (if you can); help the second (by breaking the delusion [not catering to it]).

No, he's not harming any one. So, the question is: is it humane to let insane people wallow in their disease, or is it humane to try and bring 'em back to the world of 'what is' (where one's nethers are sumthin' more than lego pieces waitin' to be swapped out)?

Me: stumped. On one hand, I just wanna wash my hands of the lot (Pilate-like); on the other, I wanna extend some of that compassion Mannie sez I got.

It's a quandry.
He's hardly 'insane'. He doesn't even come across as unstable to me--just eccentric. Eccentricity is not something to get your knickers in a twist about.
Do you know what the real problem is here? American 'reality' TV. That's what is truly insane.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Smokin' Joe!

henry quirk wrote:Yours is not to understand...simply accept me into your heart and love me as your personal savior.
OMG. Is that how yanks spell saviour? It doesn't even pretend to be 'phonetic'.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
henry quirk wrote:Yours is not to understand...simply accept me into your heart and love me as your personal savior.
Because the "Yanks" don't waste letters.

PhilX
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Scum wrote: Don't some people regard him as a "role-model"? Then he's at least harming all the people who he's encouraging to pursue their self-destructive, mentally-ill condition as if it were just another "option," instead of getting help.
That's unfair. In just about every picture you see of Jesus, he's got bleached blonde hair and wearing what looks like a long dress, yet he's one of the greatest ever role models. Even when the Romans caught him and Judas shagging like rabbits in the Garden of Gethsemane it didn't do his image any harm. Apparently, his blow jobs were "heavenly", utterly divine, they say. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote:

PhilX
Ahh, but they do. What about the awful 'off of'? 'Get off of my back'. :x
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
Immanuel Scum wrote: Don't some people regard him as a "role-model"? Then he's at least harming all the people who he's encouraging to pursue their self-destructive, mentally-ill condition as if it were just another "option," instead of getting help.
That's unfair. In just about every picture you see of Jesus, he's got bleached blonde hair and wearing what looks like a long dress, yet he's one of the greatest ever role models. Even when the Romans caught him and Judas shagging like rabbits in the Garden of Gethsemane it didn't do his image any harm. Apparently, his blow jobs were "heavenly", utterly divine, they say. :wink:
OMG. You are right!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: OMG. Is that how yanks spell saviour? It doesn't even pretend to be 'phonetic'.

PhilX
Ahh, but they do. What about the awful 'off of'? 'Get off of my back'. :x
If you're looking for a back massage, you'll have to look elsewhere. :D

PhilX
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: OMG. You are right!
You bet I'm right, VT. When you read the Bible you have to read between the lines: All that "washing of feet" is just a euphemism.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: OMG. You are right!
You bet I'm right, VT. When you read the Bible you have to read between the lines: All that "washing of feet" is just a euphemism.
Was Judas the one who ran away naked from Gethsemane? It was obviously the local gay hangout. And Mary was a man, which explains the kerfuffle over 'her' pregnancy.
uwot

Re: Is transgender something to get upset about?

Post by uwot »

Sorry to bring philosophy into this, but it raises an interesting question. Are there specific thought patterns that distinguish female and male minds? A quick Google brought this up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29405467 from which it appears there are a lot of factors, and not much consensus. Given that people willingly mutilate their bodies with tattoos, piercing and whatnot, to assert their personality, why should anyone be more upset that people wish to alter their genitalia? They are exercising their choice after all, something which religion denies billions of people who have various bits of their reproductive organs removed without their consent.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Matthew 12: 36. [Jesus said] "I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment."

I can see where you're at.

All I can say is this: you'd better be careful, for your own sake. That's all I can tell you, and the greatest kindness I can give you. One day, you may find you are very, very sorry you were not more wise in what you said -- both you and VT. Best you deal with that now, but I can't convince you that's wise. You'll have to figure that out. I truly hope you do, because you've picked a fight you won't win.

Meanwhile, I'm not getting in the middle of a fight between you and God.

I wish you the best, believe it or not.

Be well.
BradburyPound

Re: Is transgender something to get upset about?

Post by BradburyPound »

uwot wrote:Sorry to bring philosophy into this, but it raises an interesting question. Are there specific thought patterns that distinguish female and male minds? A quick Google brought this up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29405467 from which it appears there are a lot of factors, and not much consensus..
Factors are overlapping and not distinctive.
There is no "female mind" or "Male mind". Although there are differences, they are only as distinctive as your selective bias wants them to be.
You can make the same sort of distinctions between any two arbitrarily chosen groups.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:It was obviously the local gay hangout.
Yes, I believe so. Jesus had already been at it with Peter (they didn't call him the rock for nothing) and the incident with Judas was what is known as the "second coming".
And Mary was a man, which explains the kerfuffle over 'her' pregnancy.
Are you saying that the conception wasn't as immaculate as we've been led to believe?
Immanuel Kunt wrote: All I can say is this: you'd better be careful, for your own sake.
It's okay, I'm covered for flooding, theft, fire and brimstone.