I KNOW 'God' exists ask me about it i experienced the TESTamenT

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: I KNOW 'God' exists ask me about it i experienced the TESTamenT

Post by Belinda »

Harbal wrote:
Dubious wrote:
No reason to care. God is nothing more than an exercise in logic. The very idea is absurd but an absurdity many still cling to. The habits of history are not easy to erase.
Why can't people believe what they like about God and just leave everyone else to do the same? Why do they have to go on and on about it?
The most important reason for the socially significant interest in God is that God usually is taken to mean good. Many modern people, i.e. people after the advent of the humanist renaissance( approximately growing from beginnings in from 15th century Europe), and the ensuing scientific enlightenment, often want to decide for themselves whether or not good is possible without the supposed intervention of supernatural good.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dubious wrote:No reason to care. God is nothing more than an exercise in logic. The very idea is absurd but an absurdity many still cling to. The habits of history are not easy to erase.
attofishpi wrote:Care to partake in this exercise of logic?
I already gave my reasons in direct response to your post. Maybe you missed it.
attofishpi wrote:God is more absurd than most could fathom, the depths within which it persists, exists, go far beyond what most people are willing to attempt to comprehend.
If God can be found encapsulated in an absurdity, I would be tempted to believe as well in spite of knowing these revelations can only elicit more absurdities in its wake.
attofishpi wrote:It is entwined with our very consciousness...
It is indeed, that's the reason I often describe it as a "rooted entity" including in the post I made reference to.
attofishpi wrote:God IS the base from which our binary universe is fed.
Don't understand the meaning "binary universe" in context.
attofishpi wrote:It only took me 19yrs of direct interaction with this entity to KNOW this.
Throughout history the acceptance of these intensely mystical experiences as knowledge from the Highest Source has not been uncommon. Consciousness manifests many twists and turns; it would be most unusual if these psychic events did not occur and repeat many times. Unfortunately history has been grounded more on presuppositions than actual knowledge.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote:
We all have a God of our own understanding. And just because one persons definition of God differs to your definition of God does not make that God unworthy of consideration.

Some will deny God, but like I said earlier, to deny God is to deny your Mother. Your Mother may have given you life, but only life can give birth to life. My God is life.

This is Albert Einstein's God. . . “That which is impenetrable to us really exists. Behind the secrets of nature remains something subtle, intangible, and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
Good clear post! In the extensive metaphysical narratives of meaning you usually post, I'm often at a loss as to what you meant.
My God is life.
...not at all disagreeing with this but I'd go one step back and say that God is more akin to that which creates life being only a manifestation of a far greater power.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dubious wrote:
Dubious wrote:No reason to care. God is nothing more than an exercise in logic. The very idea is absurd but an absurdity many still cling to. The habits of history are not easy to erase.
attofishpi wrote:Care to partake in this exercise of logic?
I already gave my reasons in direct response to your post. Maybe you missed it.
No, i just didn't see any reasoning to any logic that you might have suggested regarding dispelling God.
Dubious wrote:
attofishpi wrote:God is more absurd than most could fathom, the depths within which it persists, exists, go far beyond what most people are willing to attempt to comprehend.
If God can be found encapsulated in an absurdity, I would be tempted to believe as well in spite of knowing these revelations can only elicit more absurdities in its wake.
It is absurd to our present conception of reality to believe or even more to know that there is an intelligence that knows everything within our minds, as an example.
Dubious wrote:
attofishpi wrote:It is entwined with our very consciousness...
It is indeed, that's the reason I often describe it as a "rooted entity" including in the post I made reference to.
I didn't see that, care to reiterate on this particular point?
Dubious wrote:
attofishpi wrote:God IS the base from which our binary universe is fed.
Don't understand the meaning "binary universe" in context.
At the most finite level that one can drill down to within the makeup of our universe, there is either an event or there isn't, binary.
Dubious wrote:
attofishpi wrote:It only took me 19yrs of direct interaction with this entity to KNOW this.
Throughout history the acceptance of these intensely mystical experiences as knowledge from the Highest Source has not been uncommon. Consciousness manifests many twists and turns; it would be most unusual if these psychic events did not occur and repeat many times. Unfortunately history has been grounded more on presuppositions than actual knowledge.
Sure, but when you are the one that has experienced the length of time that i have of this 'highest source' you will admit to yourself you are no longer theist.