I KNOW 'God' exists ask me about it i experienced the TESTamenT

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: I KNOW 'God' exists ask me about it i experienced the TESTamenT

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote:Why do you get so offended when someone states they know God\'God' exists?
I'm not offended. I'm pointing out that YOU DON'T KNOW a god for anyone other than yourself... and even knowing what you think you "know" is questionable. :)
attofishpi wrote:Why does that mean i have an egocentric agenda?
Your seeming intoxication with your identity is what suggests a focus on ego.
attofishpi wrote:..to add, i was reduced to the lowest form of existence where ego was somewhere far from my self, by this God\'God'.
Why do you blame a god for that? Why do you not see/acknowledge how much you are creating (and responsible for)? When you're feeling tortured, you blame a god for it. Then later, a "sage" begins giving you answers. My guess is that the torture AND the "sagely" tapping... are all different parts of you... some of the limitless potentials you can access. I'm suggesting that the stories you create around all of it are your own creations, and they can be as intoxicating as any drug.

Therefore, I tend to be wary of stories as being yet another veil that obscures clarity and awareness. Stories that are worshipped are idols.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote:
attofishpi wrote:Why do you get so offended when someone states they know God\'God' exists?
I'm not offended. I'm pointing out that YOU DON'T KNOW a god for anyone other than yourself... and even knowing what you think you "know" is questionable. :)
attofishpi wrote:..to add, i was reduced to the lowest form of existence where ego was somewhere far from my self, by this God\'God'.
Why do you blame a god for that? Why do you not see/acknowledge how much you are creating (and responsible for)? When you're feeling tortured, you blame a god for it. Then later, a "sage" begins giving you answers. My guess is that the torture AND the "sagely" tapping... are all different parts of you... some of the limitless potentials you can access. I'm suggesting that the stories you create around all of it are your own creations, and they can be as intoxicating as any drug.

Therefore, I tend to be wary of stories as being yet another veil that obscures clarity and awareness. Stories that are worshipped are idols.
Ok. Please put me back on ignore.
I am not going to keep going around a mulberry bush when all you can offer is your presumptions\assumptions.
Quite simply you and all atheists are WRONG.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Quite simply you and all atheists are WRONG.
No. You are wrong. I'm sorry that you never grew out of your blankie. Schizo. It's only your brain wiring that's telling you your god is real.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

attofishpi wrote: Good, im glad you want this answered.
Let me advise - as you state my post proves nothing re God's existence - it can't, i just wanted you to understand the nature of perhaps how\why i KNOW.

Now for the important part re Christ, as i am being tapped on my right shoulder.
So i 'took life' - my own children in fact as i agreed to abortions. We can agree not all abortionists are put through what God did to me, and made aware of 'its' existence - so perhaps there is another story there - one that neither you or i are aware of - but i have been informed of something quite significant of my past life.

To point out - in more recent years God\sage informed me that i did not 'take life' that these 'souls' are now living. Recursion comes to mind, but i again digress.

So here i am .. i have taken life, human life - somewhere i came from, something that perhaps should be eternal if there is a God.
As i have posted, this God literally tortured\tormented me especially between the years 1997 to 2013 - but mostly 2003. So how can i ever forgive this entity for what IT did to me? How can i ever want to live again - where i might make the same mistakes, and be subject to the same torture.
Well, Christ did this one thing, a torture sure that probably was complete over 24hrs and at times i wished that was my fate rather than what i was put through sometimes for months on end while trying to appear 'normal' to work and friends.

Well, now that i have peace - even though i took life, even though God tortured me to what i consider the extent of Christs suffering.
I can now still love God\Christ - because this is what life is, reason for existence, animals have it and fight for it...well so do we humans. Christ's suffering PERMITS me to forgive THEM - God\Christ...in fact with what has been suggested for my future re heaven - which i have experienced - far less than hell, its not very often, but i do LOVE Christ, he gave reason to what i went through, he gave us understanding of life beyond life.

You stated that what happened to me 'sounds like something that God would not do to someone'...
I know. The priests these days - always preaching the new testament - Have a look at God in the Old Testament - not that i buy bull...but 'He' 'IT' was truly rather nasty.
I never asked you to prove God's existence. All I asked what what being the Christ meant and how it would be different if Jesus had not been the Christ and just been Jesus.
uwot

Post by uwot »

sthitapragya wrote:All I asked what what being the Christ meant and how it would be different if Jesus had not been the Christ and just been Jesus.
Not a lot. The name Jesus derives from the Hebrew for 'deliver'. Christ comes from the Greek for anointed. So whether he was anointed or not, he was meant to deliver us from evil. Bit of overkill, really; a bit like calling Clark Kent's alter ego Superduperman.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

sthitapragya wrote:
attofishpi wrote: Good, im glad you want this answered.
Let me advise - as you state my post proves nothing re God's existence - it can't, i just wanted you to understand the nature of perhaps how\why i KNOW.

Now for the important part re Christ, as i am being tapped on my right shoulder.
So i 'took life' - my own children in fact as i agreed to abortions. We can agree not all abortionists are put through what God did to me, and made aware of 'its' existence - so perhaps there is another story there - one that neither you or i are aware of - but i have been informed of something quite significant of my past life.

To point out - in more recent years God\sage informed me that i did not 'take life' that these 'souls' are now living. Recursion comes to mind, but i again digress.

So here i am .. i have taken life, human life - somewhere i came from, something that perhaps should be eternal if there is a God.
As i have posted, this God literally tortured\tormented me especially between the years 1997 to 2013 - but mostly 2003. So how can i ever forgive this entity for what IT did to me? How can i ever want to live again - where i might make the same mistakes, and be subject to the same torture.
Well, Christ did this one thing, a torture sure that probably was complete over 24hrs and at times i wished that was my fate rather than what i was put through sometimes for months on end while trying to appear 'normal' to work and friends.

Well, now that i have peace - even though i took life, even though God tortured me to what i consider the extent of Christs suffering.
I can now still love God\Christ - because this is what life is, reason for existence, animals have it and fight for it...well so do we humans. Christ's suffering PERMITS me to forgive THEM - God\Christ...in fact with what has been suggested for my future re heaven - which i have experienced - far less than hell, its not very often, but i do LOVE Christ, he gave reason to what i went through, he gave us understanding of life beyond life.

You stated that what happened to me 'sounds like something that God would not do to someone'...
I know. The priests these days - always preaching the new testament - Have a look at God in the Old Testament - not that i buy bull...but 'He' 'IT' was truly rather nasty.
I never asked you to prove God's existence. All I asked what what being the Christ meant and how it would be different if Jesus had not been the Christ and just been Jesus.
..and i stated at the beginning of my post - that i am proving nothing re Gods existence here - so we are on agreement with that.

What "being the Christ" meant - was that He went to his death - continuing to claim to be the "Son of God" where the Jew high priests were all infuriated with this and demanded his death. (i think thats how the official story goes). My above post just provides a reason (for me) as to one of the reasons why he continued claiming to be the son of God until death.

Had he just been Jesus? - nothing - he would have just been another man - wouldn't he? I would not have been told that he was the Christ...in fact - i was not told "Jesus was the Christ" - i was told that "he did!" when i considered this man Jesus the Christ that died for our sins.

So sorry everyone, and damn that bottle of vodka because i never should have started this thread and i give as much as the tits on a nit what you all believe.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Lacewing wrote:

Lacewing's claim is right that the stories that each of us creates is a veil that obscures. However this veil is more than okay as long as it's recognised as a veil. To believe that some narriative about God or any other idea is absolutely and irrevocably true is what idolatry is. The wrong that 'believers' do themselves and others is that God has intervened to let them know the absolute truth. God is empirically hypothetical , however some God-narratives are better than comfort blankets because those good God-narratives help us to deal with otherwise unbearable evils.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote:The wrong that 'believers' do themselves and others is that God has intervened to let them know the absolute truth. God is empirically hypothetical , however some God-narratives are better than comfort blankets because those good God-narratives help us to deal with otherwise unbearable evils.
From my experience over 19yrs of God - God IS the cause of the unbearable EVIL. When God does EVIL to you - it is very hard to LIVE (evil reversed).
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

attofishpi wrote:
Belinda wrote:The wrong that 'believers' do themselves and others is that God has intervened to let them know the absolute truth. God is empirically hypothetical , however some God-narratives are better than comfort blankets because those good God-narratives help us to deal with otherwise unbearable evils.
From my experience over 19yrs of God - God IS the cause of the unbearable EVIL. When God does EVIL to you - it is very hard to LIVE (evil reversed).
I think that you should abandon this horrible God and adopt a good one. I can assure you there are other gods which are helpful, in various ways. No God is all-powerful, so your god has to suit you personally. This is not to say that your god might not suit anyone else, but trust is best when it's personal.

Maybe you have fixed ideas about what a god is. A god is not necessarily supernatural. If you are inexperienced or unsophisticated it's best to stay within one of the recognised liberal religious sects. If you prefer to be atheist the Humanists might suit you as they tend to be keen on reason. The Quakers and the Unitarians are also reasonable and liberal.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
I think that you should abandon this horrible God and adopt a good one. I can assure you there are other gods which are helpful, in various ways. No God is all-powerful, so your god has to suit you personally. This is not to say that your god might not suit anyone else, but trust is best when it's personal.

Maybe you have fixed ideas about what a god is. A god is not necessarily supernatural. If you are inexperienced or unsophisticated it's best to stay within one of the recognised liberal religious sects. If you prefer to be atheist the Humanists might suit you as they tend to be keen on reason. The Quakers and the Unitarians are also reasonable and liberal.
There is not an option of simply 'selecting' a God or atheism...once you know God - that there is one - there is no option. IT chooses you.
You really dont know me or God - you can find out the reasoning behind why God has been 'evil' to me, if you bother to read my posts earlier in this thread...there is NO selecting which God or atheism from here, ridiculous (sorry but it is - do read my earlier posts)
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Attofishpi, I have now read your earlier posts. Your thinking seems to be disordered in the sense that you seem to lack insight into your unusual experiences . You are not a reader as is obvious from your spelling mistakes. You presume that unusual entities exist despite that they don't make much sense to you, or make you or anyone else happy or efficient.

Your drug and alcohol consumption, and suicide attempt, indicate a few poor life choices to date, and you need to actively steer your life more efficiently so that you will be happy and will do no harm to others.

Nothing and nobody chooses what you do, and what you believe. You are the master in your own life. At the age of nineteen you need to understand this.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

You need to start another thread with Lacewink and talk waffle inclusive of presumptions and assumptions, and leave the real nature of this thread to intelligent people that can remain with reason and logic.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

I'm quite glad that you paid attention to what I wrote. I am four times as old as you and have pretty wide experience of life events so you might benefit a little from my attention to you.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote:I'm quite glad that you paid attention to what I wrote. I am four times as old as you and have pretty wide experience of life events so you might benefit a little from my attention to you.
So - like i was stating re your assumptions - you assumed i was quite young. If you were four times older than me you'd be well and truly the oldest person in the world and quite likely the oldest person that ever lived...you and lacewink dont do logic - you do waffle - don't enter my threads, as a courtesy to those, like myself that are far more rational and intelligent than the pair of you put together.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

So you are only interested in those who agree with you. You can hardly make a statement on here like 'I know there is a god' and not expect some ridicule.