God's knowledge?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

God's knowledge?

Post by bahman »

1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
2) Information can be hold in something which has form (a brain for example) same for knowledge
3) God has no form since it is purely spiritual
4) We can deduce from (2) and (3) that God cannot have any knowledge
thedoc

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by thedoc »

bahman wrote: 1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
2) Information can be hold in something which has form (a brain for example) same for knowledge
4) We can deduce from (2) and (3) that God cannot have any knowledge.
1) Knowledge is information, but is not limited to what a person can understand.
2) Information and knowledge can be held in something that has form, but is not limited to that.
3) Conjecture, without any foundation.
4) Does not follow from the statements.
bahman

Post by bahman »

thedoc wrote: 1) Knowledge is information, but is not limited to what a person can understand.
What else? Could you please give an example?
thedoc wrote: 2) Information and knowledge can be held in something that has form, but is not limited to that.
You cannot hold knowledge within something which has no form. Can you give an example which is not in this category?
thedoc wrote: 3) Conjecture, without any foundation.
So you are saying that God has a brain and body?

thedoc wrote: 4) Does not follow from the statements.
It follows.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bahman wrote:
thedoc wrote: 1) Knowledge is information, but is not limited to what a person can understand.
What else? Could you please give an example?
thedoc wrote: 2) Information and knowledge can be held in something that has form, but is not limited to that.
You cannot hold knowledge within something which has no form. Can you give an example which is not in this category?
thedoc wrote: 3) Conjecture, without any foundation.
So you are saying that God has a brain and body?

thedoc wrote: 4) Does not follow from the statements.
It follows.
1) People are constantly discovering new knowledge, before it is discovered it is information that a person does not know or understand. If I had knowledge, it would not be unknown.
2) Of course knowledge that is known is held in a persons brain, knowledge that is not held in my brain, would be unknown. That is a silly request.
3) God can have whatever God wants, who are you to say what God is?
4) See above.
bahman

Post by bahman »

thedoc wrote: 2) Of course knowledge that is known is held in a persons brain, knowledge that is not held in my brain, would be unknown. That is a silly request.
You didn't give an example that how it could be otherwise.
thedoc wrote: 3) God can have whatever God wants, who are you to say what God is?
I am afraid that this doesn't provide any insight to our discussion. Again, does God have anything similar to our brain which It can hold knowledge.
thedoc wrote: 4) See above.
Well, you are not making any point.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote:1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
God cannot have knowledge. God is the knowledge.

Knowledge is illusory.

God is a figment of the imagination and the imagination is unknown even to itself. Imagination is here as knowledge dictates. It's called LIFE.

Every question after that realisation is mute.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: I am afraid that this doesn't provide any insight to our discussion. Again, does God have anything similar to our brain which It can hold knowledge.
You must have missed the bit in the buy_bull where 'He' stated that 'He' formed man in his own image.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: God cannot have knowledge. God is the knowledge.
What does it mean that God is knowledge.
Dontaskme wrote: Knowledge is illusory.
It is not.
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote:
bahman wrote: I am afraid that this doesn't provide any insight to our discussion. Again, does God have anything similar to our brain which It can hold knowledge.
You must have missed the bit in the buy_bull where 'He' stated that 'He' formed man in his own image.
No I didn't miss that. I don't understand what that does mean either.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

bahman wrote:1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
If "purely spiritual" means anything at all, wouldn't that be some sort of form?

In other words, it sure seems incoherent to me to posit some sort of existent--any imaginable sort--and to say that it has no form.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Terrapin Station wrote:
bahman wrote: 1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
If "purely spiritual" means anything at all, wouldn't that be some sort of form?

In other words, it sure seems incoherent to me to posit some sort of existent--any imaginable sort--and to say that it has no form.
Spiritual thing cannot have any form whereas material can. In another word, if spiritual thing has form then we could categorize it as material.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

bahman wrote: Spiritual thing cannot have any form whereas material can. In another word, if spiritual thing has form then we could categorize it as material.
Which just underscores the incoherence of "spiritual" then, I suppose. How the heck can something exist without any form? The idea doesn't make any sense.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Terrapin Station wrote:
bahman wrote: Spiritual thing cannot have any form whereas material can. In another word, if spiritual thing has form then we could categorize it as material.
Which just underscores the incoherence of "spiritual" then, I suppose. How the heck can something exist without any form? The idea doesn't make any sense.
I do agree with you. This is in fact subject of this thread: How God could know anything if It is formless?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bahman wrote: I don't understand what that does mean either.
That is the problem, you don't understand, so you make shit up.
Last edited by thedoc on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bahman wrote: How God could know anything if It is formless?
This is part of your error, there is no reason to assume that God is formless, that is just more nonsense that you have made up.