God's knowledge?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3082
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

God's knowledge?

Post by bahman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:35 pm

1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
2) Information can be hold in something which has form (a brain for example) same for knowledge
3) God has no form since it is purely spiritual
4) We can deduce from (2) and (3) that God cannot have any knowledge

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by thedoc » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:42 pm

bahman wrote: 1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
2) Information can be hold in something which has form (a brain for example) same for knowledge
3) God has no form since it is purely spiritual
4) We can deduce from (2) and (3) that God cannot have any knowledge.
1) Knowledge is information, but is not limited to what a person can understand.
2) Information and knowledge can be held in something that has form, but is not limited to that.
3) Conjecture, without any foundation.
4) Does not follow from the statements.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3082
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by bahman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:54 pm

thedoc wrote: 1) Knowledge is information, but is not limited to what a person can understand.
What else? Could you please give an example?
thedoc wrote: 2) Information and knowledge can be held in something that has form, but is not limited to that.
You cannot hold knowledge within something which has no form. Can you give an example which is not in this category?
thedoc wrote: 3) Conjecture, without any foundation.
So you are saying that God has a brain and body?

thedoc wrote: 4) Does not follow from the statements.
It follows.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by thedoc » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:44 pm

bahman wrote:
thedoc wrote: 1) Knowledge is information, but is not limited to what a person can understand.
What else? Could you please give an example?
thedoc wrote: 2) Information and knowledge can be held in something that has form, but is not limited to that.
You cannot hold knowledge within something which has no form. Can you give an example which is not in this category?
thedoc wrote: 3) Conjecture, without any foundation.
So you are saying that God has a brain and body?

thedoc wrote: 4) Does not follow from the statements.
It follows.
1) People are constantly discovering new knowledge, before it is discovered it is information that a person does not know or understand. If I had knowledge, it would not be unknown.
2) Of course knowledge that is known is held in a persons brain, knowledge that is not held in my brain, would be unknown. That is a silly request.
3) God can have whatever God wants, who are you to say what God is?
4) See above.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3082
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by bahman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:01 am

thedoc wrote: 2) Of course knowledge that is known is held in a persons brain, knowledge that is not held in my brain, would be unknown. That is a silly request.
You didn't give an example that how it could be otherwise.
thedoc wrote: 3) God can have whatever God wants, who are you to say what God is?
I am afraid that this doesn't provide any insight to our discussion. Again, does God have anything similar to our brain which It can hold knowledge.
thedoc wrote: 4) See above.
Well, you are not making any point.

Dontaskme
Posts: 8066
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:59 am

bahman wrote:1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
2) Information can be hold in something which has form (a brain for example) same for knowledge
3) God has no form since it is purely spiritual
4) We can deduce from (2) and (3) that God cannot have any knowledge
God cannot have knowledge. God is the knowledge.

Knowledge is illusory.

God is a figment of the imagination and the imagination is unknown even to itself. Imagination is here as knowledge dictates. It's called LIFE.

Every question after that realisation is mute.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3986
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by attofishpi » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:19 pm

bahman wrote: I am afraid that this doesn't provide any insight to our discussion. Again, does God have anything similar to our brain which It can hold knowledge.
You must have missed the bit in the buy_bull where 'He' stated that 'He' formed man in his own image.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3082
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by bahman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Dontaskme wrote: God cannot have knowledge. God is the knowledge.
What does it mean that God is knowledge.
Dontaskme wrote: Knowledge is illusory.
It is not.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3082
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by bahman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:37 pm

attofishpi wrote:
bahman wrote: I am afraid that this doesn't provide any insight to our discussion. Again, does God have anything similar to our brain which It can hold knowledge.
You must have missed the bit in the buy_bull where 'He' stated that 'He' formed man in his own image.
No I didn't miss that. I don't understand what that does mean either.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: NYC Man

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by Terrapin Station » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm

bahman wrote:1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
2) Information can be hold in something which has form (a brain for example) same for knowledge
3) God has no form since it is purely spiritual
4) We can deduce from (2) and (3) that God cannot have any knowledge
If "purely spiritual" means anything at all, wouldn't that be some sort of form?

In other words, it sure seems incoherent to me to posit some sort of existent--any imaginable sort--and to say that it has no form.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3082
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by bahman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Terrapin Station wrote:
bahman wrote: 1) Knowledge is a sort of information which is comprehensible for a person
2) Information can be hold in something which has form (a brain for example) same for knowledge
3) God has no form since it is purely spiritual
4) We can deduce from (2) and (3) that God cannot have any knowledge
If "purely spiritual" means anything at all, wouldn't that be some sort of form?

In other words, it sure seems incoherent to me to posit some sort of existent--any imaginable sort--and to say that it has no form.
Spiritual thing cannot have any form whereas material can. In another word, if spiritual thing has form then we could categorize it as material.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: NYC Man

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by Terrapin Station » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:18 pm

bahman wrote: Spiritual thing cannot have any form whereas material can. In another word, if spiritual thing has form then we could categorize it as material.
Which just underscores the incoherence of "spiritual" then, I suppose. How the heck can something exist without any form? The idea doesn't make any sense.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3082
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by bahman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Terrapin Station wrote:
bahman wrote: Spiritual thing cannot have any form whereas material can. In another word, if spiritual thing has form then we could categorize it as material.
Which just underscores the incoherence of "spiritual" then, I suppose. How the heck can something exist without any form? The idea doesn't make any sense.
I do agree with you. This is in fact subject of this thread: How God could know anything if It is formless?

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by thedoc » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:51 pm

bahman wrote: I don't understand what that does mean either.
That is the problem, you don't understand, so you make shit up.
Last edited by thedoc on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: God's knowledge?

Post by thedoc » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:53 pm

bahman wrote: How God could know anything if It is formless?
This is part of your error, there is no reason to assume that God is formless, that is just more nonsense that you have made up.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nick_A and 4 guests