Experiment - Question the beliefs of both Religious and Atheist...

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Necromancer

Experiment - Question the beliefs of both Religious and Atheist...

Post by Necromancer »

...on grounds of (personal, real) deepheld ethics/morals by all 5 lie detector methods.

Ethics is a serious question in the world. When you say, fx., that Atheism is best for the world because it's free of dogma and because it chooses ethics on grounds of reason alone, this is a claim that should be tested.

In fact, the very leaders should be tested on all ends with all sorts of questions to see what they really think and how they defend their (inner) belief/conviction because of the seriousness of the nature of choosing the best ethics.

Now, whether religious or non-believer is not as important as to what ethics one chooses in leading one's life.

Through all the corruption and other crime on planet Earth, it can be interesting to see where the leaders are, ethically/morally, in this regard. It may also be interesting to see how the typical follower plays out the true answers in light of ethical questions.

Especially the fMRI scan will be interesting to see where the (beep) "lie" pops up and how many times and to what particular questions.

Everybody knows that both Atheism and Religion can be worded in such ways that both may look appealing, but it seems to me that progress of the World does not develop accordingly. There's a discrepancy between all the well-meaning words and where the World is actually going, given Overpopulation, Inequality/Poverty/Starvation, Human Rights, etc.

What are your thoughts? :)
Bill Wiltrack

Re: Experiment - Question the beliefs of both Religious and Atheist...

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I think you have an interesting point and compelling argument.

Why do you think that there were no responses to this thread?

Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

I think you have an interesting point and compelling argument.

Why do you think that there were no responses to this thread?

Thanks, Bill! I'm not sure. Maybe the text has little value beyond itself to such ends that one has to wait upon results or a building opinion to conduct it's survey of relevant leaders of its society. I think therefore this text is an "wait and see what happens"-text, one for the future. IMO.

:)
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

Necromancer wrote:...on grounds of (personal, real) deepheld ethics/morals by all 5 lie detector methods.

Ethics is a serious question in the world. When you say, fx., that Atheism is best for the world because it's free of dogma and because it chooses ethics on grounds of reason alone, this is a claim that should be tested.

In fact, the very leaders should be tested on all ends with all sorts of questions to see what they really think and how they defend their (inner) belief/conviction because of the seriousness of the nature of choosing the best ethics.

Now, whether religious or non-believer is not as important as to what ethics one chooses in leading one's life.

Through all the corruption and other crime on planet Earth, it can be interesting to see where the leaders are, ethically/morally, in this regard. It may also be interesting to see how the typical follower plays out the true answers in light of ethical questions.

Especially the fMRI scan will be interesting to see where the (beep) "lie" pops up and how many times and to what particular questions.

Everybody knows that both Atheism and Religion can be worded in such ways that both may look appealing, but it seems to me that progress of the World does not develop accordingly. There's a discrepancy between all the well-meaning words and where the World is actually going, given Overpopulation, Inequality/Poverty/Starvation, Human Rights, etc.

What are your thoughts? :)
Again, atheism is a disbelief in God. It is not a question of whether it is good or bad. It just is. It is like saying disbelief in Santa is the best in the world. It is just a disbelief. It is a lack of belief.

The fact that ethics and morals are derived from reason need not be tested. It is something that can be easily understood through observation. Theists might believe that ethics and morals are given by a higher consciousness but the fact is even their ethics and morals are derived through reason ( in this case the reason being that it is reasonable to believe that since they come from a higher consciousness, they must be good or some such thing).

All morals and ethics are absolutely subjective. Denial does not change that reality.
osgart

Post by osgart »

i think most of the decent people are agnostic and/or just trying to live without getting entangled in such a thing. Too much dogma is unhealthy and contrived.