How God could fail to convey His message?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:47 pm

thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: People that believe this also tend to believe that it's theirs that's the one true religion, you? And if so, can you say selfish bias?
I really don't know if my particular church has the correct interpretation or not, I have just come to the conclusion that belief in God is the most important and basic belief, ....
This is so obviously a false conclusion, as it is based on nothing whatever.

ken
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by ken » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:01 am

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 08.29.16.png

Can you tell me what an omnipotent God is trying to convey here?
To make you think about WHY you pity this one yet you wish others dead.

WHY do you only care about some and not ALL?
You are not making sense.
So be it.

To you it may not make sense. But, if you were really interested, then you would have asked some sort of inquisitive questioning.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by thedoc » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:20 am

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: People that believe this also tend to believe that it's theirs that's the one true religion, you? And if so, can you say selfish bias?
I really don't know if my particular church has the correct interpretation or not, I have just come to the conclusion that belief in God is the most important and basic belief, ....
This is so obviously a false conclusion, as it is based on nothing whatever.
No, I base my conclusions on my observations, therefore they are not false, however I understand that you have not observed the same things that I have, so you assume that there is nothing.

ken
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by ken » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:32 am

thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: People that believe this also tend to believe that it's theirs that's the one true religion, you? And if so, can you say selfish bias?
I have just come to the conclusion that belief in God is the most important and basic belief, all the rest is window dressing,
If you have read some of My other posts in this forum, then you may have noticed I continually say I neither believe nor disbelieve (in) any thing, besides in the Self. That is believing in the ability to do and and achieve any thing that One truly wants to do and achieve.

When human beings are able to and actually start correctly answering the question Who am 'I'?, i.e., discover who the true Self really IS, then how much truth is in your statement will also be fully realized.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by thedoc » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:37 am

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
To make you think about WHY you pity this one yet you wish others dead.

WHY do you only care about some and not ALL?
You are not making sense.
So be it.

To you it may not make sense. But, if you were really interested, then you would have asked some sort of inquisitive questioning.
There is a difference between one who is trying to harm you and the other who means you no harm at all. Do you understand the difference?

Dubious
Posts: 2458
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Dubious » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:42 am

God can be derived within the scope of personal conclusions only since what by its very nature cannot be proven or disproven, impervious to any probability test, is of no consequence and zero significance except in one's personal views where the idea does make a difference.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by thedoc » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:47 am

ken wrote:
thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: People that believe this also tend to believe that it's theirs that's the one true religion, you? And if so, can you say selfish bias?
I have just come to the conclusion that belief in God is the most important and basic belief, all the rest is window dressing,
If you have read some of My other posts in this forum, then you may have noticed I continually say I neither believe nor disbelieve (in) any thing, besides in the Self. That is believing in the ability to do and and achieve any thing that One truly wants to do and achieve.

When human beings are able to and actually start correctly answering the question Who am 'I'?, i.e., discover who the true Self really IS, then how much truth is in your statement will also be fully realized.
You seem to be saying that the only thing you can be sure of are what you can experience internally, and I have heard that before. However I have had an experience that, I believe, was external to myself, and I could only attribute to the Holy Spirit, and I reasoned that if the Holy Spirit existed then so did God. I also understand that the experience would only be valid for those present, and not for those who were not there.

ken
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by ken » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:01 am

thedoc wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You are not making sense.
So be it.

To you it may not make sense. But, if you were really interested, then you would have asked some sort of inquisitive questioning.
There is a difference between one who is trying to harm you and the other who means you no harm at all. Do you understand the difference?
Yes I do, BUT what has that got to do with anything I wrote and what I was actually replying to?

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by HexHammer » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:27 am

bahman wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
bahman wrote: We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that there should be one true religion. There are about 4000 religions. How God could fail to convey his message?
Diversity is good!
So God lied to us if we accept the fact that all religions are from God?
Try read the end times, that a dude comes from the heavens on a white sky/horse and slays the wicked, bring peace to the world ..etc, most religions has a very similar end prophecy.

It may not be a lie, but misinterpetation.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by HexHammer » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:28 am

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
bahman wrote:We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that there should be one true religion. There are about 4000 religions. How God could fail to convey his message?
Diversity is good!
Hexy, how you doing buddy? It's good to see you're still alive, despite the fact that we've locked horns in the past. I agree, diversity is good! ;-)
Thanks, good to see you around too! :wink:

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Greta » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:33 am

The moment the words "He" and "His" are used to refer to God, it tells you that the writer believes in the Big Sky Man version of God. It's blatant anthropomorphication, based on the innocent notions of ancient people.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:21 am

thedoc wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You are not making sense.
So be it.

To you it may not make sense. But, if you were really interested, then you would have asked some sort of inquisitive questioning.
There is a difference between one who is trying to harm you and the other who means you no harm at all. Do you understand the difference?
It's you that doesn't understand that in all actuality there is no difference. All humans suffer from some deterministic force, some worst than others, such that in truth we are all really victims to varying degrees. Is not someone that has been blinded of the truth of our equality, that harms someone, additionally setting up the probability that he too shall be harmed for doing so, not just as much a victim?

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:24 am

Most people seem to believe that the case is only ever black or white, when in fact it is only ever multitudes of shades of gray.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by thedoc » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:37 am

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
thedoc wrote:
ken wrote:
So be it.

To you it may not make sense. But, if you were really interested, then you would have asked some sort of inquisitive questioning.
There is a difference between one who is trying to harm you and the other who means you no harm at all. Do you understand the difference?
It's you that doesn't understand that in all actuality there is no difference. All humans suffer from some deterministic force, some worst than others, such that in truth we are all really victims to varying degrees. Is not someone that has been blinded of the truth of our equality, that harms someone, additionally setting up the probability that he too shall be harmed for doing so, not just as much a victim?
Ahh, you're a determinist, then I'll leave you to your predetermined destiny, and go on with my freely willed future.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:18 am

thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
thedoc wrote:
There is a difference between one who is trying to harm you and the other who means you no harm at all. Do you understand the difference?
It's you that doesn't understand that in all actuality there is no difference. All humans suffer from some deterministic force, some worst than others, such that in truth we are all really victims to varying degrees. Is not someone that has been blinded of the truth of our equality, that harms someone, additionally setting up the probability that he too shall be harmed for doing so, not just as much a victim?
Ahh, you're a determinist, then I'll leave you to your predetermined destiny, and go on with my freely willed future.
No doc, you got it all wrong, determinism exists for everyone. Freewill exists in the framework of determinism. It's a fact! That you don't know any better, is indicative of your not attending college.

Considering philosophy, no man can be held accountable for his ignorance, unless he likes it, choosing to remain that way!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests