How God could fail to convey His message?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5239
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:27 pm

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 08.29.16.png

Can you tell me what an omnipotent God is trying to convey here?
To make you think about WHY you pity this one yet you wish others dead.

WHY do you only care about some and not ALL?
Another good thought. Yes some of us do indeed require that lesson, as some are pretty damned ignorant; unenlightened!

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5239
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:30 pm

thedoc wrote:
bahman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
So what, logically, does this tell you about the current plethora religious dogmas?
They are all wrong since there should be only one true religion if God wanted to establish a religion.
How do you know that there isn't, and that human sin and corruption has caused all the others to form? Or perhaps each religion only has part of the message, and all are supposed to work together to put all the correct pieces together.
People that believe this also tend to believe that it's theirs that's the one true religion, you? And if so, can you say selfish bias?

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:16 pm

bahman wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Does he? Says who? If he is omniscient and omnipotent and so on why would he need anything?
He apparently doesn't need anything but he could want to do something out of need.

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You are assuming a thing for which you have no warrant, and certainly no evidence.
That is not part of my problem. I am questioning believer.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
How can he be all powerful if he has needs. Surely being omnipotent means not showing or having any kind of weakness. If he wants to share, then he is lacking. That is a contradiction of his omni-ness.
I don't think you are thinking this through properly.
I mentioned that He wants to share His love and this is different that needing love.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dah! "What" has to mean that the situation we have now, is exactly what god wants, as being omniscient he has designed the universe exactly the way he wants it.
But there are tons of religions in this world. Either He didn't sent a message, which seems to be the case since there would be only one religion, or he did which means that he failed.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

No. I am simply pointing out that your problem only exists because of what you believe ABOUT god. Either your view, or your conception of god, or the characteristics of god make no sense. Take your pick!
No, I am simply mentioning that there should be only one true religion if God wanted to convey any message to human.
You are not even trying to answer your won questions. Why on earth did you even start the bloody thread, if all you are going to do is rest on your own deluded and in compatible assumptions?

SO: THERE IS NOT only one religion. From that what are the range of conclusions that you are able to make???

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:19 pm

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 08.29.16.png

Can you tell me what an omnipotent God is trying to convey here?
To make you think about WHY you pity this one yet you wish others dead.

WHY do you only care about some and not ALL?
You are not making sense.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by bahman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:09 pm

thedoc wrote: How do you know that there isn't, and that human sin and corruption has caused all the others to form?
God can protect His religion against sin of human, knowing that He is omnipotent and omniscient.
thedoc wrote: Or perhaps each religion only has part of the message, and all are supposed to work together to put all the correct pieces together.
That is nonsense since we can never know which part of a message in a religion is right or wrong.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:12 pm

bahman wrote: That is nonsense since we can never know which part of a message in a religion is right or wrong.
SO: THERE IS NOT only one religion. From that what are the range of conclusions that you are able to make???

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by bahman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Hobbes' Choice wrote: You are not even trying to answer your own questions. Why on earth did you even start the bloody thread, if all you are going to do is rest on your own deluded and in compatible assumptions?
Well I think I know the answer to my question.
Hobbes' Choice wrote: SO: THERE IS NOT only one religion. From that what are the range of conclusions that you are able to make???
All religions are wrong.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by bahman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:36 pm

HexHammer wrote:
bahman wrote: We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that there should be one true religion. There are about 4000 religions. How God could fail to convey his message?
Diversity is good!
Not when it comes to religion.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by bahman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
bahman wrote: That is nonsense since we can never know which part of a message in a religion is right or wrong.
SO: THERE IS NOT only one religion. From that what are the range of conclusions that you are able to make???
There should be only one religion if there is a God who intended to guide people. So either there is no God or God does not intended to guide people.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 4530
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Immanuel Can » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:21 pm

bahman wrote:There should be only one religion if there is a God who intended to guide people. So either there is no God or God does not intended to guide people.
On which end of the two ends of communication is the real "failure"? Maybe that's the important question. :wink:

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:42 pm

bahman wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
bahman wrote: That is nonsense since we can never know which part of a message in a religion is right or wrong.
SO: THERE IS NOT only one religion. From that what are the range of conclusions that you are able to make???
There should be only one religion if there is a God who intended to guide people. So either there is no God or God does not intended to guide people.
Indeed. Congratulations. Either no god, or god is not what you think it is.
I puzzled why you had to take such a long time to get to this.

thedoc
Posts: 6441
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by thedoc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:51 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote: People that believe this also tend to believe that it's theirs that's the one true religion, you? And if so, can you say selfish bias?
I really don't know if my particular church has the correct interpretation or not, I have just come to the conclusion that belief in God is the most important and basic belief, all the rest is window dressing, and those who insist that it all be accepted on faith, are just pushing their own agenda. The other details may or may not be correct, I figure that I'll find out soon enough. I was relieved to read a piece that stated that we didn't have to have all the answers before we die, we just need to keep trying. If God gave the massage and man screwed it up, there's not much I can do about it, but that's why it's called faith.

thedoc
Posts: 6441
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by thedoc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:56 pm

bahman wrote: There should be only one religion if there is a God who intended to guide people. So either there is no God or God does not intended to guide people.
Why? Perhaps God only gives the part of the massage that is needed at the time. Why should we expect God to give everyone all of the message if they don't need it. And who are you, to determine what God's intention is? The Bible is full of stories of God giving bits and pieces of the message at different times, as needed.

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: NYC Man

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Terrapin Station » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:23 pm

bahman wrote:We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent.
Got a mouse in your pocket?

thedoc
Posts: 6441
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by thedoc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Terrapin Station wrote:
bahman wrote:We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent.
Got a mouse in your pocket?
Perhaps the mouse is telling him what to post, that would make sense. Perhaps he should change his User ID to Mouseatouille?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests