How God could fail to convey His message?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 08.29.16.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 08.29.16.png (76.22 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Can you tell me what an omnipotent God is trying to convey here?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thedoc wrote:God may have conveyed a message to men, but men are imperfect and have corrupted that message over the years. Inspiration by God, is just a phrase to lull followers into believing that the leadership of a church has the correct message. Current religions have little to do with the belief in God, but more to do with crowd control.
How or why does a perfect omnipotent god, create imperfect humans. And if they "have his message wrong" that that has to be by gods design as he is omniscient and perfect.
SO what we have now, is exactly to the design of god. You have only to pursue your desires (as they are from gods design) to fulfil his intentions. Ignoring your most basest desires goes against nature and therefore against god.
Yes it's true that some religions, (almost all of them) preach that humans are corrupted form how God created them, but I do not accept that as completely true. God created humans to be as they are, and those who try to deny human nature, are trying to subvert God's design to suit their own corrupted ideas of how humans should behave.
DUH!
If humans are God's design then what they do is the responsibility of God. What is the matter with you that you did not understand what I said above?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

bahman wrote:We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that there should be one true religion. There are about 4000 religions. How God could fail to convey his message?
Diversity is good!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: This is a very good way for murderers to believe they have a right to keep on murdering; god made them that way? How utterly deluded and psychotic is that?
The extremes do not justify the mean. Your argument is ridiculous and totally outside the norm, which only proves that you are deluded and psychotic.
You area ignoring the fact that you claim that the world is god's design, that would have to include the extremes and the means. If SoB is deluded and psychotic, then that was God's choice. And if you find yourself in capable of understanding the simplest conclusion then that too is God's choice.
Being omniscient he has to know what you are going to say; and has to have know that when he created you.
bahman

Post by bahman »

thedoc wrote: God may have conveyed a message to men, but men are imperfect and have corrupted that message over the years. Inspiration by God, is just a phrase to lull followers into believing that the leadership of a church has the correct message. Current religions have little to do with the belief in God, but more to do with crowd control.
May have conveyed message? There is over 4000 religion which each claims that they are related to God. How man could possibly corrupt God's message considering the fact that God is omnipotent and omniscient?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Does he? Says who? If he is omniscient and omnipotent and so on why would he need anything?
He apparently doesn't need anything but he could want to do something out of need.

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You are assuming a thing for which you have no warrant, and certainly no evidence.
That is not part of my problem. I am questioning believer.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
How can he be all powerful if he has needs. Surely being omnipotent means not showing or having any kind of weakness. If he wants to share, then he is lacking. That is a contradiction of his omni-ness.
I don't think you are thinking this through properly.
I mentioned that He wants to share His love and this is different that needing love.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dah! "What" has to mean that the situation we have now, is exactly what god wants, as being omniscient he has designed the universe exactly the way he wants it.
But there are tons of religions in this world. Either He didn't sent a message, which seems to be the case since there would be only one religion, or he did which means that he failed.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

No. I am simply pointing out that your problem only exists because of what you believe ABOUT god. Either your view, or your conception of god, or the characteristics of god make no sense. Take your pick!
No, I am simply mentioning that there should be only one true religion if God wanted to convey any message to human.
bahman

Post by bahman »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
bahman wrote: We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that there should be one true religion. There are about 4000 religions. How God could fail to convey his message?
So what, logically, does this tell you about the current plethora religious dogmas?
They are all wrong since there should be only one true religion if God wanted to establish a religion.
bahman

Post by bahman »

HexHammer wrote:
bahman wrote: We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that there should be one true religion. There are about 4000 religions. How God could fail to convey his message?
Diversity is good!
So God lied to us if we accept the fact that all religions are from God?
ken

Post by ken »

I am just wondering why you, if you do, keep referring to God as a he?
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 08.29.16.png

To make you think about WHY you pity this one yet you wish others dead.

WHY do you only care about some and not ALL?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bahman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
So what, logically, does this tell you about the current plethora religious dogmas?
They are all wrong since there should be only one true religion if God wanted to establish a religion.
How do you know that there isn't, and that human sin and corruption has caused all the others to form? Or perhaps each religion only has part of the message, and all are supposed to work together to put all the correct pieces together.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 08.29.16.png

Who are you or anyone else, to say that any creator, is trying to convey anything at all? Your problem is that you've given credence to one or more of the existing religious dogmas, that's your problem, your inability to think outside the box that others have placed you in, my friend!
SpheresOfBalance

bahman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Good job! That's exactly one of the things that I would conclude, yet it could also be true that only one is correct, and the rest are wrong. But I prefer the first conclusion, as I have of yet found one that sounds completely correct, though I do believe that Buddhism is the closest. And no, I've never been a Buddhist, nor been persuaded to become one. It's just what I've been exposed to, regarding it, seems to be the most honest of them all.
SpheresOfBalance

HexHammer wrote:
bahman wrote:We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that there should be one true religion. There are about 4000 religions. How God could fail to convey his message?
Diversity is good!
Hexy, how you doing buddy? It's good to see you're still alive, despite the fact that we've locked horns in the past. I agree, diversity is good! ;-)
SpheresOfBalance

ken wrote:I am just wondering why you, if you do, keep referring to God as a he?
Good point, I prefer to see a creator of the universe as an it, or maybe a them!