How God could fail to convey His message?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: People that believe this also tend to believe that it's theirs that's the one true religion, you? And if so, can you say selfish bias?
I really don't know if my particular church has the correct interpretation or not, I have just come to the conclusion that belief in God is the most important and basic belief, ....
This is so obviously a false conclusion, as it is based on nothing whatever.
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 08.29.16.png

Can you tell me what an omnipotent God is trying to convey here?
To make you think about WHY you pity this one yet you wish others dead.

WHY do you only care about some and not ALL?
You are not making sense.
So be it.

To you it may not make sense. But, if you were really interested, then you would have asked some sort of inquisitive questioning.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: People that believe this also tend to believe that it's theirs that's the one true religion, you? And if so, can you say selfish bias?
I really don't know if my particular church has the correct interpretation or not, I have just come to the conclusion that belief in God is the most important and basic belief, ....
This is so obviously a false conclusion, as it is based on nothing whatever.
No, I base my conclusions on my observations, therefore they are not false, however I understand that you have not observed the same things that I have, so you assume that there is nothing.
ken

Post by ken »

thedoc wrote:
I have just come to the conclusion that belief in God is the most important and basic belief, all the rest is window dressing,
If you have read some of My other posts in this forum, then you may have noticed I continually say I neither believe nor disbelieve (in) any thing, besides in the Self. That is believing in the ability to do and and achieve any thing that One truly wants to do and achieve.

When human beings are able to and actually start correctly answering the question Who am 'I'?, i.e., discover who the true Self really IS, then how much truth is in your statement will also be fully realized.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
To make you think about WHY you pity this one yet you wish others dead.

WHY do you only care about some and not ALL?
So be it.

To you it may not make sense. But, if you were really interested, then you would have asked some sort of inquisitive questioning.
There is a difference between one who is trying to harm you and the other who means you no harm at all. Do you understand the difference?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

God can be derived within the scope of personal conclusions only since what by its very nature cannot be proven or disproven, impervious to any probability test, is of no consequence and zero significance except in one's personal views where the idea does make a difference.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ken wrote:
thedoc wrote:
I have just come to the conclusion that belief in God is the most important and basic belief, all the rest is window dressing,
If you have read some of My other posts in this forum, then you may have noticed I continually say I neither believe nor disbelieve (in) any thing, besides in the Self. That is believing in the ability to do and and achieve any thing that One truly wants to do and achieve.

When human beings are able to and actually start correctly answering the question Who am 'I'?, i.e., discover who the true Self really IS, then how much truth is in your statement will also be fully realized.
You seem to be saying that the only thing you can be sure of are what you can experience internally, and I have heard that before. However I have had an experience that, I believe, was external to myself, and I could only attribute to the Holy Spirit, and I reasoned that if the Holy Spirit existed then so did God. I also understand that the experience would only be valid for those present, and not for those who were not there.
ken

Post by ken »

thedoc wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
So be it.

There is a difference between one who is trying to harm you and the other who means you no harm at all. Do you understand the difference?
Yes I do, BUT what has that got to do with anything I wrote and what I was actually replying to?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

bahman wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
bahman wrote: We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that there should be one true religion. There are about 4000 religions. How God could fail to convey his message?
Diversity is good!
So God lied to us if we accept the fact that all religions are from God?
Try read the end times, that a dude comes from the heavens on a white sky/horse and slays the wicked, bring peace to the world ..etc, most religions has a very similar end prophecy.

It may not be a lie, but misinterpetation.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
bahman wrote:We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that there should be one true religion. There are about 4000 religions. How God could fail to convey his message?
Diversity is good!
Hexy, how you doing buddy? It's good to see you're still alive, despite the fact that we've locked horns in the past. I agree, diversity is good! ;-)
Thanks, good to see you around too! :wink:
Greta

Post by Greta »

The moment the words "He" and "His" are used to refer to God, it tells you that the writer believes in the Big Sky Man version of God. It's blatant anthropomorphication, based on the innocent notions of ancient people.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

thedoc wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
So be it.

It's you that doesn't understand that in all actuality there is no difference. All humans suffer from some deterministic force, some worst than others, such that in truth we are all really victims to varying degrees. Is not someone that has been blinded of the truth of our equality, that harms someone, additionally setting up the probability that he too shall be harmed for doing so, not just as much a victim?
SpheresOfBalance

Most people seem to believe that the case is only ever black or white, when in fact it is only ever multitudes of shades of gray.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
thedoc wrote:
ken wrote:
So be it.

It's you that doesn't understand that in all actuality there is no difference. All humans suffer from some deterministic force, some worst than others, such that in truth we are all really victims to varying degrees. Is not someone that has been blinded of the truth of our equality, that harms someone, additionally setting up the probability that he too shall be harmed for doing so, not just as much a victim?
Ahh, you're a determinist, then I'll leave you to your predetermined destiny, and go on with my freely willed future.
SpheresOfBalance

thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Ahh, you're a determinist, then I'll leave you to your predetermined destiny, and go on with my freely willed future.
No doc, you got it all wrong, determinism exists for everyone. Freewill exists in the framework of determinism. It's a fact! That you don't know any better, is indicative of your not attending college.

Considering philosophy, no man can be held accountable for his ignorance, unless he likes it, choosing to remain that way!