Do you see the power?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4360
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:I'm so grateful to both you and Harbal for giving the video a look in. I
I admit that even before I saw the video I was resistant to being persuaded of anything by it. As it turned out, it didn't make any difference because I barely understood a word of it. My mind does not work in such a way as to make it accessible to that way of seeing things. As I said, none of the words made any sense to me so I won't comment on the content of the talk. Regarding the style, all I can say is that it looked like the standard technique, to me. A moderately charismatic, presentable speaker/preacher, employing the usual tricks of manipulation and an audience who have probably turned up with the specific intention of being lead wherever he wants to take them. I don't know anything about this movement, or whatever they describe themselves as, but you can be sure that there's somebody making money out of it. I can't really work out if you are one of the shepherds or one of the flock but, either way, I will be neither buying anything from you nor joining you. I absolutely hate this sort of thing and watching the video made me feel quite angry.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4294
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Lacewing »

Harbal wrote:I admit that even before I saw the video I was resistant to being persuaded of anything by it. As it turned out, it didn't make any difference because I barely understood a word of it. My mind does not work in such a way as to make it accessible to that way of seeing things. As I said, none of the words made any sense to me so I won't comment on the content of the talk. Regarding the style, all I can say is that it looked like the standard technique, to me. A moderately charismatic, presentable speaker/preacher, employing the usual tricks of manipulation and an audience who have probably turned up with the specific intention of being lead wherever he wants to take them. I don't know anything about this movement, or whatever they describe themselves as, but you can be sure that there's somebody making money out of it. I can't really work out if you are one of the shepherds or one of the flock but, either way, I will be neither buying anything from you nor joining you. I absolutely hate this sort of thing and watching the video made me feel quite angry.
Harbal, I think I totally understand where you are coming from. I am VERY cautious of anyone who claims to KNOW ANYTHING. :lol: Especially the reality of all-that-is!! I, too, was watching his techniques... and his "dance" so-to-speak. I find such things informative. I don't think any of us are immune to distortion and delusion. No one. Not even a super intelligent alien who travels light years between planets. Not even an angel that lives between the planes of existence. (The ones who claim to be above it, are the ones to be most wary of.) Corruption is alongside truth everywhere. With that in mind, I seek clarity wherever I can. And sometimes there's a lot to sift out! It just happens that Bentinho said some things that rang deeply familiar for me (in ways many things don't), and that was intriguing... just as it would be anywhere else in this life it might arise. We're so bombarded most of the time with madness and noise, it's nice to recognize a deeply familiar awareness/connectivity... WHEREVER it comes from... and then move on. I do not follow anyone or prescribe to anything... as I think the entire universe is pulsing within/through each of us, and we can tune in for ourselves to whatever we want (in a way that suits us best).

I forget who it was that asked this earlier... but, truly, what does it matter what we think we figure out beyond all of this? Living in the moment is all we've got... and if we're not doing that with a quality that suits us, we're completely missing this experiential opportunity. It's definitely fun guessing and creating with ideas... but it's just dream-work, essentially. This moment, right now, (and every moment) is the sweetest spot to place ourselves fully... as much as possible. In the moment there is acceptance (it seems to me). And with that comes more love and clarity. Sometimes I imagine that if I could remain fully present in each and every moment, time might completely vanish and the "experience/awareness/presence" could go on forever in the "now".
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4360
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Harbal »

Lacewing.
Like I said, it's not the content of this belief system that I'm attacking, not least because I haven't a clue what they're talking about, but also, I know we all have to try to arrive at a way of making sense of existence in a way that works for us as individuals, despite the fact that young Bentinho with his brilliant white teeth (the bastard) would smile and say "there is no individual, only the one". The thing is, that when someone goes to the trouble of organising an event, such as was recorded in the video, they're not doing it out of love or altruism, there making money and nobody is going to convince me any differently.
Dontaskme
Posts: 9539
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: I absolutely hate this sort of thing and watching the video made me feel quite angry.
It's okay Harbal, it's a human trait to feel angry at others. But realise it's a human construction and doesn't actually exist for real. Human beings tend to construct anger as though it is endemic to others and not of themselves, failing to see the anger is coming from their own inner darkness. Often unwilling to accept this they project it into the world. This is human suffering. No other creature on earth suffers like that. Suffering does not exist in reality. Life in general tends to live in a total state of liberation and harmony. No one owns anger, but it does arise apparently in the human psyche.

I like to show people other ways of thinking just to get some idea of how other people see the nature of reality, the way they see and feel it. I already expected this response from you Harbal because I am able to read people's energies without ever knowing them personally. We are drawn to what is intrinsic to us, we repel what we don't understand....and there is nothing wrong with any of it, it's just how certain energies play out.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4360
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:I already expected this response from you Harbal because I am able to read people's energies without ever knowing them personally.
I think not, you little twirp. You are either a con man or the victim of one, I don't care which, you poisonous little fucker.
Dontaskme
Posts: 9539
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: I think not, you little twirp. You are either a con man or the victim of one, I don't care which, you poisonous little fucker.

Anger is a natural human response. It takes a lot of courage and strength to try to understand and be aware of one's own anger so as not to contribute to suffering in the world.

I have nothing more to say to you..goodbye.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4360
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: be aware of one's own anger
I'm more concerned that you are aware of it.
I have nothing more to say to you..goodbye.
Get yourself back here you little bastard, I've not finished with you yet.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4294
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Lacewing »

Harbal to Dontaskme wrote:I think not, you little twirp. You are either a con man or the victim of one, I don't care which, you poisonous little fucker.
:lol: :lol: Eat some chocolate Harbal. It will be okay.

(There's something so charming about you when you curse.)
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4360
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Harbal »

Lacewing wrote: :lol: :lol: Eat some chocolate Harbal. It will be okay.

(There's something so charming about you when you curse.)
I don't suppose you'd give me a relaxing shoulder massage, would you? I could swear at you while you do it, if you want me to.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4294
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Lacewing »

Harbal wrote:
Lacewing wrote: :lol: :lol: Eat some chocolate Harbal. It will be okay.

(There's something so charming about you when you curse.)
I don't suppose you'd give me a relaxing shoulder massage, would you? I could swear at you while you do it, if you want me to.
Well, that's a very thoughtful offer -- but how about something more along the lines of a shoulder massage while you sit at the computer and swear at people on this site? (Some people will be worth bonus points.)
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4360
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Harbal »

Lacewing wrote:how about something more along the lines of a shoulder massage while you sit at the computer and swear at people on this site? (Some people will be worth bonus points.)
Let's go, I don't mind who I swear at.
Dontaskme
Posts: 9539
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Do you see the power?

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: be aware of one's own anger
Harbal wrote:I'm more concerned that you are aware of it.
Harbal, don't you get it...There is something that knows anger, there is something here right now that is aware of this energy and any other energy, positive or negative. It's not human.

It is NOT the human character aware of energies arising, no more than I am beating my heart or breathing my breath. What is known in another is simply known there because it is first known here, recognised in oneself.

The one beating your heart is the same one who is aware and knows everything as and when it arises one with the knowing. Who or what that is ...I've no idea.

When I use the word I ...I am simply using this as a point of contact in order to communicate this otherwise ineffable infinite unseen silent one who speaks every word and does every deed... the silence can't do anything without a mind to do so.

I'm not here to have my ego massaged by the knowledge I offer to others, nor am I interested in frivolous battles for clever witty point scoring quips.No offence to anyone in particular. I'm here to convey a message only, aren't we all doing same using this forum as a platform for better human understanding and the sharing of wisdom. We all hold our own unique opinions, and that's all this is about, exchanging opinions.

And who cares if people like Bentinho are making money out of how he chooses to spend his time. Aren't we all doing same with our time. Some people spend their entire life time doing a job they absolutely hate just for the sake of money and never thinking for a minute they don't have to do that in order to feel worth or valued.

If people want to part with their cash in order to hear someone else speak an ancient wisdom that is inherent within our own being that is totally free of charge then more the fool them. I certainly wouldn't pay for my own free knowing.

I would never charge people for my service of love to others. I would gladly pay them money for receiving it, because money is not how I define my worth or value in this world. But that's just how this character is playing out. It's what's happening, and no one is doing it.
Post Reply