Welcome to Heaven...

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Jaded Sage

Re: Welcome to Heaven...

Post by Jaded Sage »

Try not to let your unhappiness spill out. It's ugly.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
Jaded Sage wrote:
Greatest I am wrote: How Gnostic Christian of you. Good thinking.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Regards
DL
That's my favorite book.
You mean there's a complete book full of this gibberish?
Unfortunately there are many books full of this kind, and other kinds of gibberish, and I have been unfortunate enough to have encountered several. I have also encountered many posts full of gibberish, in my years on internet forums. The "Greatest I am", seems to have a propensity for this kind of post.
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

"I will make clear my mysteries to those worthy of my mysteries."
- book of gibberish

Is there a better word than gibberish? We all know gibberish is being used figuratively. Something isn't gibberish just because you don't understand it. Otherwise foreign languages would be gibberish. But they aren't.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Jaded Sage wrote: That's my favorite book.
It seems there are always those who prefer the "touchy-feely kind of new age books.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Jaded Sage wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Jaded Sage wrote:The kingdom of heaven is within man. That's where I looked for it. That's where I found it.
How Gnostic Christian of you. Good thinking.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Regards
DL
That's my favorite book.
An intelligent choice.

Reading Gnostic Christian text show the foolishness and immorality of the Christian ones.

Christianity seeks that we obey in ignorant bliss while Gnostic Christian text actually try to enlighten us.

Regards
DL
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

thedoc wrote:
Jaded Sage wrote: That's my favorite book.
It seems there are always those who prefer the "touchy-feely kind of new age books.
It's hardly touchy-feely. It recommends you stab yourself. And I don't think it qualifies as new age.
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

You're kind of an extremist, Greatest I Am. For me, it made the rest clear.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Jaded Sage wrote:"I will make clear my mysteries to those worthy of my mysteries."
Ask who is the "I" in this statement and it will be immediately obvious that it is gibberish.
Jaded Sage wrote:It recommends you stab yourself.
A worthy option for many but hemlock is less messy and more in tune with the traditions of philosophy.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Jaded Sage wrote:You're kind of an extremist, Greatest I Am.
I agree. I am quite extreme in my view and will remain that way unless something I say gets refuted.

That is when, in a sense, I lose and argument and win some new knowledge, which is one of the greatest pleasures of life.

My wins are good for my ego but my loses are good for my greater being.

Regards
DL
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

I can respect that. I just don't see how it doesn't cause you to view the whole Bible as Gnostic.
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

You're an atheist, aren't you, Leo?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Jaded Sage wrote:I can respect that. I just don't see how it doesn't cause you to view the whole Bible as Gnostic.
Gnostics are first and foremost concerned with using the Gnosis we have, that is insight, knowledge and hopefully some wisdom, to determine the best moral laws to live life by.

When I apply what little of all those attributes I have to the bible, I can easily see that it tries to sell an immoral God.

The ancient Gnostic Christians also saw that and that is why they wrote their myths to put against the evil God they saw.

If you analyse the morals that Yahweh and Jesus show, you can easily see that they are not the best that even a mediocre moral person could come up with.

That is basically why we definitely do not embrace the bible or the vile demiurge being sold through it.

Regards
DL
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

what about the similarities between the two?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Jaded Sage wrote:what about the similarities between the two?
You would have to get more specific as there are many different bibles and Christian sects these days.

Some things do resonate with me as a Gnostic Christian but it is not usually anything you will have heard a priest quote.

IE.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Let me give you this paste that I give to some who want to delve a bit into what a Gnostic Christian might think.

I am a Gnostic Christian, Our beliefs are not what Christianity says they are. We lost the God wars and they distorted our belief system. The lies have been known since the findings of our scriptures and myths at Nag Hammadi.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Gnostic Christianity is a teaching system from Jesus but not the one the church ever dares to teach. It frees us from religion and that is of course not what religions want. They never want the student to graduate as they might lose revenue and people.

Here is a bit of history as well as a nutshell version of how that freedom is gained.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Jaded Sage wrote:You're an atheist, aren't you, Leo?
I'm a non-believer, JS, which serves to cover all the bases. "Atheist" is a much over-used word which seems to mean different things to different people and thereby renders itself essentially meaningless.