Welcome to Heaven...

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Jaded Sage

Re: Welcome to Heaven...

Post by Jaded Sage »

Oh, I thought he was new.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Harbal wrote: Employing the analogy of trying to catch a greased pig would be an alternative way of illustrating what I am trying to explain.
One of the few advantages of aging is that we develop an acute understanding of the meaning of the word "Futility".
Dontaskme wrote:Everything is the same as Nothing.
I mean for fuck's sake!!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Obvious Leo wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Everything is the same as Nothing.
I mean for fuck's sake!!
Maybe what he meant to say was: "Everything I say is the same as Nothing"
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Bill

"My vision of heaven is one viewed in a dis-associative state."

Compare to what a Gnostic Christian sees and tell me why you cannot see it from a normal state as I can?

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Jaded Sage wrote:
Yes, of course, unless he is speaking figuratively.
He's just being deliberately obscure in the hope that it will be mistaken for something too profound to be understood by the likes of the rest of us.
If you don't understand what I'm saying then do not despair.

Nothing I say matters to life living itself by itself alone with or without your input. On the other hand, if you input your paw print into the mix; anything you do understand is born of your self created language; aka knowledge; human language, is an effect caused by a process known as synchronized oscillating firing synapses circulating the neural circuits of the brain representing a working memory; firing is sustained until they are deactivated.

So basically, we cannot understand each other via words alone, there is intuitive understanding that comes form a tacit knowing already present within you.For human interaction,words are useful in that they can point to something you want to understandi, but conceptual understanding is never the ultimate understanding of reality itself.

Animals for example do not use verbal conceptual language to understand their environment of survival urges, their understanding is purely of a tacit nature; it is already pre-programmed into their DNA.

It's basically the same for humans too, they too are tacit by nature; however, humans are unique in that they have developed the capacity to superimpose upon otherwise tacit reality a unique conceptual understanding based on their ability to use language and attain knowledge based on that language. This happened as the human brain evolved; in other words the human brain got too big. Conceptual understanding is always and ever a mental thought based activity with no independent existence apart from the artificial mental illusory nature of it's effect on human consciousness, often believed to be real.

''Tacit knowledge (as opposed to formal, codified or explicit knowledge) is the kind of knowledge that is difficult to transfer to another person by means of writing it down or verbalizing it. For example, that London is in the United Kingdom is a piece of explicit knowledge that can be written down, transmitted, and understood by a recipient. However, the ability to speak a language, knead dough, play a musical instrument, or design and use complex equipment requires all sorts of knowledge that is not always known explicitly, even by expert practitioners, and which is difficult or impossible to explicitly transfer to other users.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacit_knowledge

Welcome to heaven. Hope you are enjoying your stay. :D
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Your posts are continually rich and well written.

Thank you for posting here & being part of this community.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
If you don't understand what I'm saying then do not despair.
OK, I won't.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Your posts are continually rich and well written.

Thank you for posting here & being part of this community.

Thanks but it doesn't change anything, I still think yours are rubbish.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

The kingdom of heaven is within man. That's where I looked for it. That's where I found it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Jaded Sage wrote:The kingdom of heaven is within man. That's where I looked for it. That's where I found it.
It helps if you know what you're looking for.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Apparently it is something very much like the spleen Harbal.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

FlashDangerpants wrote:Apparently it is something very much like the spleen Harbal.
Yes. Heaven is a bodily organ which has evolved to clean all the crap out of your red blood cells. I thought this was common knowledge.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

My heaven is vestigial :(
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

FlashDangerpants wrote:My heaven is vestigial :(
You mean more like an appendix?