LEARN TO LOVE your real creator and his creation - with all you have

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Obvious Leo

Re: LEARN TO LOVE your real creator and his creation - with all you have

Post by Obvious Leo »

Lacewing wrote: How do we teach offensive/stupid people that they cannot continually mindlessly unload in the midst of everyone -- because it's a public shared environment?
Aside from being better than the alternative becoming an old fart has little to recommend itself, Lacewing. However one of the few benefits it bestows is that one learns not to fuck around with the inevitable and that offensive and stupid people are almost always unwilling to be taught. Knowledge is something that can be learned but it cannot be forced down the throats of the unwilling and the bad manners of the cretins of this world is something that the examined mind must learn to endure with forbearance and a goodly measure of stoicism. Unfortunately I'm not really that sort of bloke and I find it intensely frustrating in forums such as this when I find myself confronted by people unwilling to respect the conventions of civilised debate. The insults and name calling can sometimes go over the top but this is only to be expected from time to time in the cut and thrust which necessarily accompanies the frank exchange of ideas. What really rankles more than anything else is when this occurs and no ideas are being exchanged in the bargain. That's why preaching is always completely unacceptable in a philosophy forum and it should be roundly condemned when it rears its ugly head.
Lacewing wrote:Are we not allowing the world to go completely to the crazies, to do with as they please... despite the impact to others?
You need to get out more. It's already happening, even as we speak.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

manden wrote:I am the human being , who can do the most for the whole mankind , and I will try to do it , if you can grasp it or not !

I obey to the real creator of the universe , the God of the WHOLE mankind !
So you say, repeatedly, without a shred of explanation or proof. You know of some creator you created in your own mind, and obey only yourself. That's all it is, bud. The sooner you see that, the better off you'll be. That's solid advice.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Obvious Leo wrote:...offensive and stupid people are almost always unwilling to be taught.
True! I've often said that if people were capable of seeing certain issues with their behavior, they wouldn't be acting that way in the first place. And in this case, more than enough has already been said and ignored. Which is why taking "some sort of action" seemed like the surest path to resolution, rather than expecting any understanding/agreement to be met. I thought it was interesting for me to be honest and put it out there, but I really didn't expect anything to come of it. I half expected a few people to say they wanted ME banned. :lol:
Obvious Leo wrote:...insults and name calling can sometimes go over the top but this is only to be expected from time to time in the cut and thrust which necessarily accompanies the frank exchange of ideas.
I am guilty of this at times. I think there's something really invigorating and inspiring about exploring and expressing one's full range of being. For many years I was focused on just being nice, no matter what! Now I'm more than just nice. Sometimes I want to see if there's a way to get people to see themselves and/or other perspectives... and some shocking language can help. I learn things from the process (even if no one else does), and I enjoy some good laughs doing it (which I hope others do too).
Obvious Leo wrote:
Lacewing wrote:Are we not allowing the world to go completely to the crazies, to do with as they please... despite the impact to others?
You need to get out more. It's already happening, even as we speak.
Yes, yes. Sometimes we actually think we might be able to improve on things. Ah, well. Hopefully we're enjoying the process and not counting on a destination.