WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Obvious Leo

Re: WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Post by Obvious Leo »

Lacewing. Forget the tickets and the silly game and just focus on the main event. Drinking beer and talking shit with good friends in a dimly-lit bar is unquestionably the path to salvation, particularly if the music's good. I speak from experience.

(Stepping outside for a shared toke of quality home-grown can't possible do any harm either.)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:"The Ouzo Prophecy" offers the reader spiritual salvation in a game called Ouzo"
So, drinking beer in a dimly lit bar while trying to read little numbers on a ticket is supposed to bring me spiritual salvation? What if I don't need spiritual salvation? What if I just want to drink beer and have cosmically inspired conversations with friends? What if we spill beer on our tickets and then they end up on the floor, and the bar owners get tired of sweeping up soggy tickets? What if the dispenser runs out of tickets before everyone gets theirs... does that mean those people can't have salvation? Bob explained this to me. The Ouzo game is secondary to salvation. (Yeah, you're welcome, Bob.) And then, what if a fight breaks out over the only available tickets?

Most of all, Bob, I'd like to know what kind of spiritual salvation you think people need?
manden

Post by manden »

What is written here is nothing but big godless nonsense ! And has nothing to do with the TRUE God ! WAKE UP as soon as possible !
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

manden wrote:What is written here is nothing but big godless nonsense ! And has nothing to do with the TRUE God ! WAKE UP as soon as possible !
Your statements sound like you're describing yourself, Manden.

You want people to wake up to your reality? I think that would actually be going to sleep for most of us. Your ego must be huge to think that you know what is right for everyone... and that you see the ultimate truth of all. How rude and ignorant for you to continually scream at people to WAKE UP. Do it for yourself, in whatever way you think it needs to be done, and respect others enough to consider that they don't need your instructions and commands.
manden

Post by manden »

So is it , I KNOW the recognizable truth about the TRUE God , the REAL creator of the universe - more of himself is not recognizable ,

and he is N O T God of any religion !

The TRUE God decides whom he let recognize the truth about him , N O T you or any other human being !
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

manden wrote:So is it , I KNOW the recognizable truth about the TRUE God , the REAL creator of the universe - more of himself is not recognizable ,
and he is N O T God of any religion !
The TRUE God decides whom he let recognize the truth about him , N O T you or any other human being !

Just curious this "TRUE God , the REAL creator of the universe - more of himself is not recognizable," does he sit on your shoulder and whisper in your ear? and what color is he?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Invisible Pink. And clearly, unicorns are too large to sit on shoulders. As for speech, I have no opinion on the matter, and I'll defer to manden to answer that. (It's a 'she', btw.)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

manden wrote:The TRUE God decides whom he let recognize the truth about him , N O T you or any other human being !
And not YOU either, Manden. So why do you keep presuming what other people do or don't recognize... when you don't even know these people? You speak of what the truth is for YOU. You speak of what the true god is for YOU. And that's as far as it goes. For you to keep insisting that you know what applies to everyone, makes you the most foolish and unenlightened of all. Things are not as SMALL as what you think YOU "know".
manden

Post by manden »

You think you decide what the TRUE God has to make ! So also makes it the mankind ! Do you what that is : M E G A L O M A N I A !

The terrible illness of this mankind (together with enormous egoism) ! Perhaps you are able to think about that ?

The real creator of the universe may bless you .
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

manden wrote: : M E G A L O M A N I A !

The terrible illness of this MANDEN.
Now we're getting somewhere.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:There are a lot of things in life that I feel no need to read or subject myself to, and the Ouzo Prophecy is one of them.
Like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. In your case, a better word might be "ass."
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

manden wrote:You think you decide what the TRUE God has to make !
Nope... wrong again Manden. You're still making stuff up... and your accusations are ridiculous. Which ruins the credibility of all that you say because you just keep demonstrating how much you actually DON'T KNOW, even though you're trying to claim the opposite. :D
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:
Lacewing wrote:There are a lot of things in life that I feel no need to read or subject myself to, and the Ouzo Prophecy is one of them.
Like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. In your case, a better word might be "ass."
Oh gee, that's really clever Bob. You've outdone yourself.

As I've said before, I've seen more than enough from you to discern that investigating anything you're promoting would be a waste of my energy (like a lot of other things I avoid in this world). That's just good sense. My main reason for interacting with you here is because it gives me a laugh... which is entertaining. Evidently you, too, are entertained by the trip you're on... so that's great. It is interesting to me to pose questions that challenge all the absurd claims you make, even though I'm pretty sure you'll never give a straight answer. Perhaps that would topple your house of cards. And I really don't want to spoil your game if it has meaning for you. I just wish people, like yourself and in general, wouldn't try to impose their foolishly limited realities on others... while proclaiming themselves superior. It makes you no better than all the other people (you despise) in this world who do it for their own reasons. Like so many, you're mimicking the madness... but claiming that YOU are different and above it. Yet your behavior and words show otherwise.

Why do so many people have to identify themselves as unique/chosen/holy authorities, while selling ideas/beliefs through which they put other people down? Does it not seem like the height of ignorance and delusion to reduce ALL-THAT-IS down into the limited and contrived human notions of one ego? How is this not obvious?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:First of all, they're not my ideas at all since I am divinely inspired. I don't ignore questions on anything I say, and I invite you to ask them.
Oh good! So you'll answer these will you,
bobevenson wrote:Theist, agnostic, atheist. As Bob the Baptist, I can tell you that the first and third are fools, and absolute fools at that.
bobevenson wrote:Anybody who isn't an agnostic is a fool.
So tell us bob are you an agnostic or an absolute fool?

So tell us bob what does an agnostic mean by "they're not my ideas at all since I am divinely inspired", that is, what is this 'divinity' you refer to?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:But none of them can offer prophetic certification as I have done.
Er!? Christianity and your John of Patmos? So yet another lie from the Anti-Baptist, False Prophet of 'Satan' and 'the beast'.