The UNIQUE chance

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by HexHammer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Gary Childress wrote:Both Rome and Istanbul are apparently known as cities on 7 hills. So if we count 7 kings from practically any significant date in the history of Rome or Istanbul, then we have our second correspondence. Now if any of those kings happen to wear scarlet and purple at some key ceremony or whatever we have our third correspondence. Oh dear! Revelation is true!

Contemporary cosmologist are pretty certain there will be an "end" to history and humanity. That part seems almost sure. Everyone on earth can pick a date for that end to occur. Then if one of those people who randomly picks a date for the end of the world is correct, then we can say that person was a prophet who predicted the end of the world. Good for them. They'll go down in history as a prophet. The only problem is that after doomsday there will be no one around to appreciate them for being a prophet.

That's how I see things. I'm not going to fret over it. I'm still agnostic.
Ok you have your head up your ass, and can't help it, that's ok.

User avatar
Gary Childress
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: USA of the UN

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by Gary Childress » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:Both Rome and Istanbul are apparently known as cities on 7 hills. So if we count 7 kings from practically any significant date in the history of Rome or Istanbul, then we have our second correspondence. Now if any of those kings happen to wear scarlet and purple at some key ceremony or whatever we have our third correspondence. Oh dear! Revelation is true!

Contemporary cosmologist are pretty certain there will be an "end" to history and humanity. That part seems almost sure. Everyone on earth can pick a date for that end to occur. Then if one of those people who randomly picks a date for the end of the world is correct, then we can say that person was a prophet who predicted the end of the world. Good for them. They'll go down in history as a prophet. The only problem is that after doomsday there will be no one around to appreciate them for being a prophet.

That's how I see things. I'm not going to fret over it. I'm still agnostic.
Ok you have your head up your ass, and can't help it, that's ok.
Why? What should I believe? Am I wrong to be agnostic?

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by HexHammer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:09 pm

Gary Childress wrote:Why? What should I believe? Am I wrong to be agnostic?
Being agnostic has nothing to do with it. It's about how carefully you listen and understand the details.
If you are diligent and very careful about the details you can do much in life, that's why I fare far better than those with high education, when I have none.

The description about the kings, are very cryptic and doesn't really fit Istanbul. Where are the kings in Istanbul? Istanbul are a part of Turkey which have presidents!

User avatar
Gary Childress
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: USA of the UN

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by Gary Childress » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:12 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:Why? What should I believe? Am I wrong to be agnostic?
Being agnostic has nothing to do with it. It's about how carefully you listen and understand the details.
If you are diligent and very careful about the details you can do much in life, that's why I fare far better than those with high education, when I have none.

The description about the kings, are very cryptic and doesn't really fit Istanbul. Where are the kings in Istanbul? Istanbul are a part of Turkey which have presidents!
The Popes aren't called "kings" either. So how are you linking this prophecy to the Popes, if not somehow metaphorically?

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by HexHammer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Gary Childress wrote:The Popes aren't called "kings" either. So how are you linking this prophecy to the Popes, if not somehow metaphorically?
The answer are already given in the vid, if you had cared to actually listen. Now watch the vid again!

User avatar
Gary Childress
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: USA of the UN

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by Gary Childress » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:17 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:The Popes aren't called "kings" either. So how are you linking this prophecy to the Popes, if not somehow metaphorically?
The answer are already given in the vid, if you had cared to actually listen. Now watch the vid again!
Serious discussion over, HexHammer. Enjoy the rest of you day.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by HexHammer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:20 pm

Gary Childress wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:The Popes aren't called "kings" either. So how are you linking this prophecy to the Popes, if not somehow metaphorically?
The answer are already given in the vid, if you had cared to actually listen. Now watch the vid again!
Serious discussion over, HexHammer. Enjoy the rest of you day.
So what are are really saying here, that you can't think for yourself, and need others to spell very simple things out for you, ok.
Hand feeding you ..not by me! Sorry!

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Gary Childress wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:I don't remember their names. As Thedoc said, I wasn't taking notes at the time either. I remember some sort of late night show back in 1999 and it was a reverend and his wife on the show trying to match up scripture with current events saying that the world was coming to an end soon. I believe it may have been Jack van Impe.
What I'm really getting at, is that you provide some sort of scripture for the sake of comparison, where I claim that the prophecy fits the bill in that vid I linked, where other postulations doesn't at all, just shoehorned.
Some guy has a dream over a thousand years ago about 7 mountains, scarlet and purple and 7 kings and we're supposed to take it as an indication that this dream is validated because the Vatican is in Rome, a city on 7 hills, one set of clerics in the Vatican wears scarlet and the other purple and, as of today, there have been 7-8 Popes or whatever since the establishment of the Vatican as an independent state? coincidence maybe? As I stated earlier, if there is another Pope after Francis, then what? Are we supposed to run for the hills or build bunkers every time the number of 7 mountains, scarlet and purple and 7 leaders somehow coincide?

Both Rome and Istanbul are apparently known as cities on 7 hills. So if we count 7 kings from practically any significant date in the history of Rome or Istanbul, then we have our second correspondence. Now if any of those kings happen to wear scarlet and purple at some key ceremony or whatever we have our third correspondence. Oh dear! Revelation is true!

Contemporary cosmologist are pretty certain there will be an "end" to history and humanity. That part seems almost sure. Everyone on earth can pick a date for that end to occur. Then if one of those people who randomly picks a date for the end of the world is correct, then we can say that person was a prophet who predicted the end of the world. Good for them. They'll go down in history as a prophet. The only problem is that after doomsday there will be no one around to appreciate them for being a prophet.

That's how I see things. I'm not going to fret over it. I'm still agnostic.
Well hang on a minute!!!
7 Hills??
The bible was written down by Greeks. It's far more likely they were hinting at Athens, which is also built in seven hills, but then so are 100 other cities and more towns world wide.
Even Abergavenny in Wales.
The great thing about seeing into the future and giving your predictions, - they always look better for being ambiguous.

Jerusalem and Tehran were also built on seven hills so the Bible and Nostrdamus are on good ground predicting that something interesting might happen in a city built of seven hills.

User avatar
Gary Childress
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: USA of the UN

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by Gary Childress » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:44 pm

HexHammer wrote:So what are are really saying here, that you can't think for yourself, and need others to spell very simple things out for you, ok.
Hand feeding you ..not by me! Sorry!
You seem to be the one claiming the video validates revelation. Burden of proof is on you, champ. I'm simply listening to your argument and I haven't see anything impressive yet. I'm agnostic. If you want to convince me otherwise you'll have to do better. :P

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by HexHammer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Hobbes' Choice wrote:The bible was written down by Greeks. It's far more likely they were hinting at Athens, which is also built in seven hills, but then so are 100 other cities and more towns world wide.
Even Abergavenny in Wales.
The great thing about seeing into the future and giving your predictions, - they always look better for being ambiguous.

Jerusalem and Tehran were also built on seven hills so the Bible and Nostrdamus are on good ground predicting that something interesting might happen in a city built of seven hills.
There needs to be some sort of kings.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by HexHammer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Gary Childress wrote:
HexHammer wrote:So what are are really saying here, that you can't think for yourself, and need others to spell very simple things out for you, ok.
Hand feeding you ..not by me! Sorry!
You seem to be the one claiming the video validates revelation. Burden of proof is on you, champ. I'm simply listening to your argument and I haven't see anything impressive yet. I'm agnostic. If you want to convince me otherwise you'll have to do better. :P
You have no idea what you are talking about, I provide the evidence, but you wants me to spell everything out for you, because you are too lazy or has low comprehension lvl. If you can't see a silly video, then my burden of proof are relived.

User avatar
Gary Childress
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: USA of the UN

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by Gary Childress » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:18 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:
HexHammer wrote:So what are are really saying here, that you can't think for yourself, and need others to spell very simple things out for you, ok.
Hand feeding you ..not by me! Sorry!
You seem to be the one claiming the video validates revelation. Burden of proof is on you, champ. I'm simply listening to your argument and I haven't see anything impressive yet. I'm agnostic. If you want to convince me otherwise you'll have to do better. :P
You have no idea what you are talking about, I provide the evidence, but you wants me to spell everything out for you, because you are too lazy or has low comprehension lvl. If you can't see a silly video, then my burden of proof are relived.
Evidence? 7 mountains, 7 kings, scarlet and purple? That's evidence? As I pointed out above, that's pretty easy "evidence" to coincide with. Basically condition #1 is a given. If a city is on 7 mountains/hills or whatever, then all you need is 7 kings and scarlet and purple to figure into the equation somewhere. If I see a painting of 7 hills tomorrow at an art show standing next to a painting of 7 kings and someone walks past me wearing scarlet and purple, should I turn to the book of revelation and start thinking I should sell off all my assets and join a Christian monastery?

BTW, Pope John Paul II is dead, how do you explain the "one is" part in that case? In the video the guy talking sort of seems to skirt that issue.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by thedoc » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:49 pm

Gary Childress wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:I don't remember their names. As Thedoc said, I wasn't taking notes at the time either. I remember some sort of late night show back in 1999 and it was a reverend and his wife on the show trying to match up scripture with current events saying that the world was coming to an end soon. I believe it may have been Jack van Impe.
What I'm really getting at, is that you provide some sort of scripture for the sake of comparison, where I claim that the prophecy fits the bill in that vid I linked, where other postulations doesn't at all, just shoehorned.
Some guy has a dream over a thousand years ago about 7 mountains, scarlet and purple and 7 kings and we're supposed to take it as an indication that this dream is validated because the Vatican is in Rome, a city on 7 hills, one set of clerics in the Vatican wears scarlet and the other purple and, as of today, there have been 7-8 Popes or whatever since the establishment of the Vatican as an independent state? coincidence maybe? As I stated earlier, if there is another Pope after Francis, then what? Are we supposed to run for the hills or build bunkers every time the number of 7 mountains, scarlet and purple and 7 leaders somehow coincide?

Both Rome and Istanbul are apparently known as cities on 7 hills. So if we count 7 kings from practically any significant date in the history of Rome or Istanbul, then we have our second correspondence. Now if any of those kings happen to wear scarlet and purple at some key ceremony or whatever we have our third correspondence. Oh dear! Revelation is true!

Contemporary cosmologist are pretty certain there will be an "end" to history and humanity. That part seems almost sure. Everyone on earth can pick a date for that end to occur. Then if one of those people who randomly picks a date for the end of the world is correct, then we can say that person was a prophet who predicted the end of the world. Good for them. They'll go down in history as a prophet. The only problem is that after doomsday there will be no one around to appreciate them for being a prophet.

That's how I see things. I'm not going to fret over it. I'm still agnostic.
Part of it comes to making current events fit a prophecy, the other part is that the prophecy exists and perhaps members of the Vatican decided to wear scarlet and purple in honor of the prophecy, and the prophecy becomes self-fulfilling.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:57 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:The bible was written down by Greeks. It's far more likely they were hinting at Athens, which is also built in seven hills, but then so are 100 other cities and more towns world wide.
Even Abergavenny in Wales.
The great thing about seeing into the future and giving your predictions, - they always look better for being ambiguous.

Jerusalem and Tehran were also built on seven hills so the Bible and Nostrdamus are on good ground predicting that something interesting might happen in a city built of seven hills.
There needs to be some sort of kings.
10 a penny.

User avatar
Gary Childress
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: USA of the UN

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by Gary Childress » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:14 pm

thedoc wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:Some guy has a dream over a thousand years ago about 7 mountains, scarlet and purple and 7 kings and we're supposed to take it as an indication that this dream is validated because the Vatican is in Rome, a city on 7 hills, one set of clerics in the Vatican wears scarlet and the other purple and, as of today, there have been 7-8 Popes or whatever since the establishment of the Vatican as an independent state? coincidence maybe? As I stated earlier, if there is another Pope after Francis, then what? Are we supposed to run for the hills or build bunkers every time the number of 7 mountains, scarlet and purple and 7 leaders somehow coincide?

Both Rome and Istanbul are apparently known as cities on 7 hills. So if we count 7 kings from practically any significant date in the history of Rome or Istanbul, then we have our second correspondence. Now if any of those kings happen to wear scarlet and purple at some key ceremony or whatever we have our third correspondence. Oh dear! Revelation is true!

Contemporary cosmologist are pretty certain there will be an "end" to history and humanity. That part seems almost sure. Everyone on earth can pick a date for that end to occur. Then if one of those people who randomly picks a date for the end of the world is correct, then we can say that person was a prophet who predicted the end of the world. Good for them. They'll go down in history as a prophet. The only problem is that after doomsday there will be no one around to appreciate them for being a prophet.

That's how I see things. I'm not going to fret over it. I'm still agnostic.
Part of it comes to making current events fit a prophecy, the other part is that the prophecy exists and perhaps members of the Vatican decided to wear scarlet and purple in honor of the prophecy, and the prophecy becomes self-fulfilling.
Probably just as likely true. And if the Vatican changed their wardrobe tomorrow, then what? Would we all go paranoid if we spotted scarlet and purple dinner napkins on their banquet table or something? If any place has kings and they don't live forever, then unless the monarchy is overthrown it's pretty certain they will have 7 kings at some point. And how do we know revelation refers to 7 consecutive kings. Maybe it could refer to a painting of 7 kings in some room or something. There are plenty of ways to line up vague "prophecies".

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Veritas Aequitas and 3 guests