The UNIQUE chance

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: The UNIQUE chance

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Is it not time to just ignore this Sauerkraut?

The only thing s/he has given us is chopped cabbage of which his/her brain seems to be composed.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Is it not time to just ignore this Sauerkraut?

The only thing s/he has given us is chopped cabbage of which his/her brain seems to be composed.

I like good sauerkraut, especially the way my wife makes it, she uses just a little brown sugar to kill much of the sour, and leave the flavor of spoiled cabbage.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

thedoc wrote:
manden wrote:Okay , David .

I write a new topic : For people , who want to come nearer to the true God .
In spite of your being an arrogant twit, I must agree that we can't know much more about God than God exists.
Certainly "God" exists as a word in the English vocabulary. Other than that do we really know with any certainty that God exists in any manner fundamentally different from the manner in which the words "unicorn" or "Santa Claus" exist?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Gary Childress wrote:
thedoc wrote:

In spite of your being an arrogant twit, I must agree that we can't know much more about God than God exists.
Certainly "God" exists as a word in the English vocabulary. Other than that do we really know with any certainty that God exists in any manner fundamentally different from the manner in which the words "unicorn" or "Santa Claus" exist?
I was once accused of having a definition so broad that it could include "invisible Pink Unicorns" and I had to agree, I don't know that "Invisible Pink Unicorns" don't exist.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Gary Childress wrote:
thedoc wrote:

AronRa has characterized belief in God and religion as belief in something without any proof or evidence, except that in some cases, some individuals do have evidence that God does exist.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

thedoc wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:
thedoc wrote:In spite of your being an arrogant twit, I must agree that we can't know much more about God than God exists.
AronRa has characterized belief in God and religion as belief in something without any proof or evidence, except that in some cases, some individuals do have evidence that God does exist.
What sort of evidence does anyone have that God exists?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Gary Childress wrote: What sort of evidence does anyone have that God exists?
I was present at an event that I could only explain as the doings of the Holy Spirit, and if the Holy Spirit exists, then God.
manden

Post by manden »

We cannot know more of the true God himself than that he has created everything
I know that - you N O T !
But we can recognize at his creation some things , very important that we have reason , logic and moral from him , and the most important ,
that we can recognize his existence !
But that is for t h i s mankind ( corrupt and ill ) incredibly difficult ! ! !
And unfortunately I know nobody else on this world who is " g o o d " enough to be able to recognize the existence of the real creator of the universe .

But one human being is NOT enough , the mankind must be able to recognize the existence of the real creator of the universe !

DO YOUR BEST ! ! !
manden

Post by manden »

You are still under the influence of the manmade , false religions !
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Is it not time to just ignore this Sauerkraut?

I like good sauerkraut, especially the way my wife makes it, she uses just a little brown sugar to kill much of the sour, and leave the flavor of spoiled cabbage.
We had a discussion about sprouts before Xmas, I dislike cabbage for the same reason.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:
thedoc wrote:[]

I was once accused of having a definition so broad that it could include "invisible Pink Unicorns" and I had to agree, I don't know that "Invisible Pink Unicorns" don't exist.
But that does not mean that god or unicorn DO exist. In fact we have no reason to suspect any of this makes any sense at all.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
I was present at an event that I could only explain as the doings of the Holy Spirit, and if the Holy Spirit exists, then God.
Without even knowing what you witnessed I can tell you that I have a box full of alternate explainations for you, all of them more reasonable and most of them respecting Ockham's razor.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Gary Childress wrote:
thedoc wrote:

I've been an atheist all life, but the past years I've seen all my enemies been punished just months after being asses.

This prophecy convinces me quite much that there must be more between heaven and earth to life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E9ZZYlLIIc
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

HexHammer wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:
thedoc wrote:In spite of your being an arrogant twit, I must agree that we can't know much more about God than God exists.
I've been an atheist all life, but the past years I've seen all my enemies been punished just months after being asses.

This prophecy convinces me quite much that there must be more between heaven and earth to life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E9ZZYlLIIc
Interesting video. So what happens if there is a Pope after Francis? How would that fit into revelation? Wouldn't that be one "king" too many?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Without even knowing what you witnessed I can tell you that I have a box full of alternate explainations for you, all of them more reasonable and most of them respecting Ockham's razor.
And I'm sure that your explanations would be much more reasonable to someone who wasn't there.