Everything is a Manifestation of God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Everything is a Manifestation of God

Post by Harbal »

HexHammer wrote:Tell me why billion dollar industries that spends billions upon billion of dollars of research never uses philosophers?
Has this got anything to do with the manifestation of God? I think you must have wandered into the wrong thread, you need to be in the "Why big business doesn't employ philosophers" thread. If there isn't one you could start one, where you could get abused to your hearts content.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

HexHammer wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:I think people are fed up with your 'wake up calls'. You've no interest or understanding of philosophy as is patently obvious from just about every post you ever make. Your only contribution to this Forum is your welcome and continued spat with PhilX, which robs him of some of the time he would otherwise spend filling up the Forum with moronic and irrelevant threads that he himself as precious little grasp of.

You made s generalised comment about "nonsense and babble" but you failed to identify exactly which posts you are trying to talk about. If any one needs a wake up call it is you.
Tell me why billion dollar industries that spends billions upon billion of dollars of research never uses philosophers?
...because if they did there wouldn't be any billion dollar companies!

On the other hand we would know a lot more about a disease called an 'Ontological Essence"
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

HexHammer wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:I think people are fed up with your 'wake up calls'. You've no interest or understanding of philosophy as is patently obvious from just about every post you ever make. Your only contribution to this Forum is your welcome and continued spat with PhilX, which robs him of some of the time he would otherwise spend filling up the Forum with moronic and irrelevant threads that he himself as precious little grasp of.

You made s generalised comment about "nonsense and babble" but you failed to identify exactly which posts you are trying to talk about. If any one needs a wake up call it is you.
Tell me why billion dollar industries that spends billions upon billion of dollars of research never uses philosophers?
Check your grammar!
I told you they do.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Harbal wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Tell me why billion dollar industries that spends billions upon billion of dollars of research never uses philosophers?
Has this got anything to do with the manifestation of God? I think you must have wandered into the wrong thread, you need to be in the "Why big business doesn't employ philosophers" thread. If there isn't one you could start one, where you could get abused to your hearts content.
You don't seem to understand my reasoning at the first thread, what OP has written about god is jumping to silly conclusions, circular reasoning and in general just mad ramblings.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Dubious wrote:...because if they did there wouldn't be any billion dollar companies!

On the other hand we would know a lot more about a disease called an 'Ontological Essence"
hmmmm ..somewhat a useful answer for once!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

HexHammer wrote:You don't seem to understand my reasoning at the first thread, what OP has written about god is jumping to silly conclusions, circular reasoning and in general just mad ramblings.
I do understand your reasoning and I agree with what you say about the OP but I don't think there's anything wrong with people posting rubbish as long as the rest of us are free to tell them that it is rubbish.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Harbal wrote:
HexHammer wrote:You don't seem to understand my reasoning at the first thread, what OP has written about god is jumping to silly conclusions, circular reasoning and in general just mad ramblings.
I do understand your reasoning and I agree with what you say about the OP but I don't think there's anything wrong with people posting rubbish as long as the rest of us are free to tell them that it is rubbish.
That part you do understand, yes, but the bigger picture you fail to see.

What we'r supposed to do here is having philosophy = love of wisdom = love of sound judgement, what purpose does it serve to post complete nonsense and babble? ..NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Therefore complete babble heads should be banned, as they would only waste our time and spam the forum with stupidity.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

HexHammer wrote: Therefore complete babble heads should be banned, as they would only waste our time and spam the forum with stupidity.
And who will be the judge of what is and isn't babble?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Harbal wrote:
HexHammer wrote: Therefore complete babble heads should be banned, as they would only waste our time and spam the forum with stupidity.
That all depends on who outnumbers who.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dubious wrote: That all depends on who outnumbers who.
What does it matter? We only come onto these forums to amuse ourselves. If any of us had anything of value to contribute to philosophy I think we'd be doing it somewhere else.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Harbal wrote:
Dubious wrote: That all depends on who outnumbers who.
What does it matter? We only come onto these forums to amuse ourselves. If any of us had anything of value to contribute to philosophy I think we'd be doing it somewhere else.
I was just being a sarcastic SOB...something we have in common. Totally agree with your statement especially the last sentence.

Most philosophy forums are only platforms for Virtual Reality games played by anyone who's got an opinion even when completely devoid of reality. The latter kind of counterfactual posts are usually the most successful measured by who can best theorize one's privately held assertions into a simulacrum of truth, logic being optional. It's only one of many types of computer game played online with anyone who wants to play and nothing more.

In spite of knowing that one still can't help getting pissed off at idiots who wouldn't even qualify teaching a chimp how to peel a banana.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Harbal wrote:
Unfortunately the majority here 99.9999..99% are babble heads, I see myself as 1 of few reasonable intelligent.

At the same time, if we removed all the babble heads, there would only be a few people left and the forum would die, all philosophy fora around the internet thrive on the masses..
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

HexHammer wrote:
Harbal wrote:
Unfortunately the majority here 99.9999..99% are babble heads, I see myself as 1 of few reasonable intelligent.

At the same time, if we removed all the babble heads, there would only be a few people left and the forum would die, all philosophy fora around the internet thrive on the masses..
:lol:
Hex's never-ending babble.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

marjoram_blues wrote:Hex's never-ending babble.
..but it's true, just that you don't comprehend it ..and oh yes, what kind of job does one such as you have? ..oh yes you didn't wanna talk about it!

...because?
uwot

Post by uwot »

HexHammer wrote:..and oh yes, what kind of job does one such as you have?
I'm not sure why you keep asking this, Mr Hammer. Still, I think you would make a splendid Village Idiot if we could just discover a village whose incumbent is less qualified than you.