True Yoga

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

AiR

True Yoga

Post by AiR »

In today’s world Yoga is a very fashionable word. Most successful people say that they do Yoga, thinking that Yoga is some kind of physical gymnastics that creates longevity in life, better health, better physical condition and well being.

But is that what yoga really is?

What is Yoga actually? The real meaning of Yoga is union with God. Yoga means being in constant connection with God and the best way to imagine or explain Yoga is to think of it as a sim card in constant connection with the satellite, always pinging for a signal. We should also be like a sim card, constantly connected to the universal satellite - the power called God.

Therefore, Yoga is not a physical exercise. It is this beautiful union with God. How does one create this union with God every moment of our life? You create this union with God or Yoga through four means, that is, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga or Raja Yoga. The four forms of Yoga, your union with God is achieved through different ways – the first being by work, Karma Yoga – where you become a flute and allow God to play his music through you, letting God use you as an instrument to achieve what He wants to achieve. Bhakti Yoga is a dedicated and devoted love for God. Jnana Yoga is the accumulation of spiritual wisdom, which builds a connection with God. Raja Yoga is nothing but silence or meditation which triggers that super conscious mind - the third domain of the mind, which connects to the universal satellite of power. This creates communication between you and the power called God.

These four forms of Yoga or union with God do not have separate divisions as such. They may be classified for the sake of identification, but any one of these Yogas or all of them put together, create true union with God. Therefore, don’t think of Yoga as physical gymnastics. Yoga is the union with God.

AiR
HexHammer

Re: True Yoga

Post by HexHammer »

This be pure nonsense and babble, fit for a mental institution! Most yoga comes from India they didn't have just 1 god, but a multitude of gods, what you babble about is apparently the god of Moses.

..total incoherent babble!!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Yoga is considered to be both an art and a science. What makes it a science is cause and effect. The predictablity of results.

I’ve never heard it called a religion, except in a song by Joni Mitchell.

Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras are uncorrupted by time, in the sense that they are the same now as when they were written, or so I’ve heard.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Exercise, gentle or otherwise is universally recognised as a benefit to health; promoting muscles suppleness, respiratory fitness and a benefit to circulation. The importance of good circulation is difficult to exaggerate, as blood provides everything the organs and limbs require to work properly: every thing from the air to zinc is transported through the body by blood.
Meditation is also widely recognised as a way to remove mental stress, allowing the back brain to work on problems whilst the conscious brain takes a brake and stfu.

Yoga can provide a gentle means of exercise and muscle stretching, and time to meditate.

Everything else that Yoga provides is without exception utter and complete flim-flam from shakras to karma to spirits. There are good reasons why secular people get the same benefits from Yoga. What "real" yoga is, is how it is practiced. And since it is perfectly as effective without the mumbo-jumbo, modern western Yoga is as much "yoga" as any of the medieval bullshit that persists in the purists.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Exercise, gentle or otherwise is universally recognised as a benefit to health; promoting muscles suppleness, respiratory fitness and a benefit to circulation. The importance of good circulation is difficult to exaggerate, as blood provides everything the organs and limbs require to work properly: every thing from the air to zinc is transported through the body by blood.
Meditation is also widely recognised as a way to remove mental stress, allowing the back brain to work on problems whilst the conscious brain takes a brake and stfu.

Yoga can provide a gentle means of exercise and muscle stretching, and time to meditate.

Everything else that Yoga provides is without exception utter and complete flim-flam from shakras to karma to spirits. There are good reasons why secular people get the same benefits from Yoga. What "real" yoga is, is how it is practiced. And since it is perfectly as effective without the mumbo-jumbo, modern western Yoga is as much "yoga" as any of the medieval bullshit that persists in the purists.
Your Zen-directness jumps to the crux of epistemology to reveal that within your capacity, yoga would be excellent for you, and possibly already is.

Within the scope of your appreciation, yoga is best understood as mindful stretching, as you say. Paying attention to what you’re doing, attention to form, going just a little farther in form and further in the science as you loosen up. Very beneficial to the body, the digestion, the breathing, the thinking, all the the natural stuff.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Exercise, gentle or otherwise is universally recognised as a benefit to health; promoting muscles suppleness, respiratory fitness and a benefit to circulation. The importance of good circulation is difficult to exaggerate, as blood provides everything the organs and limbs require to work properly: every thing from the air to zinc is transported through the body by blood.

Your Zen-directness jumps to the crux of epistemology to reveal that within your capacity, yoga would be excellent for you, and possibly already is.

Within the scope of your appreciation, yoga is best understood as mindful stretching, as you say. Paying attention to what you’re doing, attention to form, going just a little farther in form and further in the science as you loosen up. Very beneficial to the body, the digestion, the breathing, the thinking, all the the natural stuff.
Indeed. Most so called "alternative" remedies are of some benefit, but rarely for the reasons given by the accretion of mumbo-jumbo that pseudo-science has provided for them. Take foot-massage or reflexology. The souls of the feet simply do not correspond to different areas of the body, and massaging them in specific ways have no direct "specific" benefit. The relationship between the designated areas and the ailments or bodily areas in need of attention are wholly arbitrary.
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 17.22.43.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 17.22.43.png (111.53 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
Yet, when the practitioner asks the sufferer what is wrong, this forces the sufferer to concentrate her mind on her ailment and in that moment places herself (literally and metaphorically) in the hands of the reflexologist. This is a rite de passage whereby the sufferer becomes the patent, and opens themselves up to the possibility of rest relaxation and hopefully a cure, or at least a curative moment of time in an otherwise busy day.
It will be noted that just about any discipline of massage with or without the film-flam of shakers, and karma ad nauseam, is as beneficial as any other. Some people need to believe in magic others not. It makes no difference. There is not magic, except delusion.
wtf

Post by wtf »

When I saw this title I thought this was about a university canceling a popular Yoga class because Social Justice Warriors complained that westerners practicing Yoga is "cultural appropriation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/uni ... 093a589bd3
Walker

Post by Walker »

wtf wrote:When I saw this title I thought this was about a university canceling a popular Yoga class because Social Justice Warriors complained that westerners practicing Yoga is "cultural appropriation."

Bastards.

There will be more of that kind of intolerance. Yoga has survived Christian fundamentalism, but who knows what survives the future.

Hobbes, I’ve heard of it but have no experience with that foot business, other than an extraordinary foot massage from an Asian woman with strong hands, which was Philosophy of Life by any other name.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

wtf wrote:When I saw this title I thought this was about a university canceling a popular Yoga class because Social Justice Warriors complained that westerners practicing Yoga is "cultural appropriation."

The article says the class was closed due to lack of attendance.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Well that’s good news that it wasn't some PC nonsense. I’ve grown cautious of links, no offense to anyone, so I didn’t read that link until now. I read the earlier story earlier, elsewhere.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Well that’s good news that it wasn't some PC nonsense. I’ve grown cautious of links, no offense to anyone, so I didn’t read that link until now. I read the earlier story earlier, elsewhere.
Sadly PhilX has given links a bad name. His only means of communication seems to be: "Here's a link, what do you think of it?" translates as "this might be interesting but i can't keep my attention to the end and need someone to tell me what to think". His links range from dire to asinine.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Not in my case. Once I was reminded that links don’t get clicked because of solidarity with an ideology, or paranoia, or resentment, or over displeasure, or because of a possible malicious link that might fry a machine, or over some other possibility I haven’t mentioned, I adapted to circumstances. But since you vetted the link, I checked it out.

Other than some past badgering of Hex that I noticed, which may or not have been warranted, I would say that from what I’ve seen in myself and others, spreading out with multitudinuous and multifaceted links is a horizontal, which works with a lot of traffic. The alternative is vertical, to soar or dive. Horizontal and vertical are both good.

I think a plethoria of links can stimulate thought and discussion, and who knows what may capture interest, or where thought may lead. It’s not like we’re conserving paper and ink.

But as you note, it does boil down to a rule of expression that is often incompletely cited as an assignment … what I did on my summer vacation, and what it meant to me.

Philosophical principles form from what something means to you.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Walker wrote:Not in my case. Once I was reminded that links don’t get clicked because of solidarity with an ideology, or paranoia, or resentment, or over displeasure, or because of a possible malicious link that might fry a machine, or over some other possibility I haven’t mentioned, I adapted to circumstances. But since you vetted the link, I checked it out.

Other than some past badgering of Hex that I noticed, which may or not have been warranted, I would say that from what I’ve seen in myself and others, spreading out with multitudinuous and multifaceted links is a horizontal, which works with a lot of traffic. The alternative is vertical, to soar or dive. Horizontal and vertical are both good.

I think a plethoria of links can stimulate thought and discussion, and who knows what may capture interest, or where thought may lead. It’s not like we’re conserving paper and ink.

But as you note, it does boil down to a rule of expression that is often incompletely cited as an assignment … what I did on my summer vacation, and what it meant to me.

Philosophical principles form from what something means to you.
What you talk about is cozy chat, cozy chat isn't philosophy, because all you guys do is babble and rave all day and night.
Philosophy means love of wisdom, but neither of you knows what wisdom is, the meaning of wisdom is "sound judgement" and you don't have it, the authors you love doesn't have it, and are always outdated, but you love being fooled by beautiful rethorics.
Walker

Post by Walker »

HexHammer wrote:What you talk about is cozy chat, cozy chat isn't philosophy, because all you guys do is babble and rave all day and night.
Philosophy means love of wisdom, but neither of you knows what wisdom is, the meaning of wisdom is "sound judgement" and you don't have it, the authors you love doesn't have it, and are always outdated, but you love being fooled by beautiful rethorics.
Hex! You’re a good man. I knew it right away. Let’s see what happens in the world between now and the philosophy. Impress me, cause all that girly bitching didn’t do it, my friend. Until then …
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Walker wrote:
HexHammer wrote:What you talk about is cozy chat, cozy chat isn't philosophy, because all you guys do is babble and rave all day and night.
Hex! You’re a good man. I knew it right away. Let’s see what happens in the world between now and the philosophy. Impress me, cause all that girly bitching didn’t do it, my friend. Until then …
You see, every day we use A2 + B2 = C2, E=MC2 ..etc, etc, scientific lines that are used all the damn time, but where are the lines of philosophy? ..where are Kant, where is Kirkegaard ..where are all the damn philosophers in the everyday life? ..THEY'R GONE!!!!!!

...BECAUSE THEY'R OUTDATED!!!!!!!!!!

..THEY HAVE NO FUCKING RELEVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..99.9999999% OF ALL PHILOSOPHY HAS BEEN REPLACED BY SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..JUST GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!