Is This Enlightenment?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Jaded Sage

Is This Enlightenment?

Post by Jaded Sage »

Being enlightened is not a thing to crow about, but it does provide a possibility to help many others who are arriving so rapidly in the enlightened arena.

The first problem is akin to that of dying - at first we do not realise that we are dead, and neither do we realise that we are enlightened.

But once we do realise, and I am sure that many of you reading this are at this point, then all those things we couldn't understand before suddenly become crystal clear. Every little piece of knowledge becomes enmeshed into one unified understanding, subject to rapid adjustment and detailed expansion as new knowledge is gained.

We are no longer stuck with the heavy baggage that we used to have when we considered our belief system to be a part of ourselves. We can now openly attack our own belief system, knowing that we are not harming ourselves, and so we are free to adjust and evolve very quickly.

Whilst it is clearly unfair to judge, failing to observe and document would also be unfair. Many readers have experienced the situation where they suddenly observe that the mind of the person that they are conversing with is not functioning at the same rate as their own mind.

There is a significant difference between enlightened people and unenlightened people, and only the former are aware of it. Most of the former are occupied in trying to help the latter, many of whom refuse every form of help. Do not waste time on the no-hopers.

But back to the problem of not realising yet. For a time it seems that we are drifting away from all that we once held dear. Our material possessions and relationships reduce in priority, and our attempts to be of assistance to the fellow man increase in priority - we are likely to suffer some guilt feeling when realising that, and ridicule too.

For most of us, to meet another enlightened person face to face is a rare treat, with love being the only emotion present. We realise that almost everyone we meet is not yet enlightened, and as yet are unable to see the same things. I spent far too long trying to work out why others could not see what I could see.The Internet has been our saviour here. Without it, it would be quite easy to condemn ourselves as insane, but now we are able to confirm with others who operate on the same wavelength, and there is a surprising level of unanimity of thought, much of it opposed to that purveyed in public media, and much of it so much further along the path than even the brightest scientists have seen. Science has lesser importance when everything can be known by anyone - all truths are known to all - no propaganda - no dishonesty - no bad behaviour - except when a little mischief creeps in! There's certainly no lack of fun.

A few lines that have helped me over that last hurdle.

Don't hide your light under a bushel. Be yourself. One thousand men may agree on a topic, but if they have not studied the topic, their opinion is worthless. Right now I'm alright. I'm alright right now.

The wisdom which enables you to help, the will which directs the wisdom, the love which inspires the will-these are your qualifications. Will, Wisdom and Love are the three aspects of the Logos; and you who wish to enrol yourselves to serve the Logos, must show forth these aspects in the world.

David West

http://ezinearticles.com/?Become-Enligh ... id=6481741
Lacewing

Re: Is This Enlightenment?

Post by Lacewing »

Jaded Sage... just curious, are you the author of the article?
Jaded Sage wrote:We are no longer stuck with the heavy baggage that we used to have when we considered our belief system to be a part of ourselves. We can now openly attack our own belief system, knowing that we are not harming ourselves, and so we are free to adjust and evolve very quickly.
This is a wonderful place to get to for oneself. To be able to accept that we've always been doing the best we knew how... and to love ourselves for that, and to have compassion. The RELIEF... to stop desperately supporting a specific ideal, when so much new awareness is flowing past. To allow ourselves to relax and evolve and flow. One of my favorite things these days is when I can feel excitement over seeing a new direction of a path I had previously laid out. Rather than being attached to an agenda (that might become more important than most everything else), the agenda now adapts to new revelations... and it is exhilarating! I think this is because I try to allow a bigger flow to move through my life, and that bigger flow is attuned with my intentions and heartfelt desires, and it brings AMAZING and TIMELY results that I couldn't have seen from my limited vantage point. I trust it more and more as I experience it. It feels like a dance with the universe!
Jaded Sage wrote:situation where they suddenly observe that the mind of the person that they are conversing with is not functioning at the same rate as their own mind.
I used to really worry about "hurting" people. I put extraordinary effort into tuning things gently for them. But that was me "controlling" too much... and it wasn't as effective or truthful. I, too, was afraid of what might happen if I let go! What sides of myself might be revealed or unleashed?

I came to realize that people have terrific filters for tuning out what they don't want to accept. And I also started to trust and accept myself more. So I started being much more bold and direct with my statements... which not only seemed transformational for me (in speaking my truth like a river, rather than controlling it like a trickle), but I also started noticing much more energetic things happening in my interactions with people and situations. Getting "out of the way" of the flow... not trying to contain and overly-control it... but riding it, like riding the rapids in the moment... is a more intuitive thing... less thinking and ego... and more "channeling" in a sense, of energy/awareness that often seems beyond my little physical brain. The additional "component" now that this forum (and the OPC forum) introduced to me, were a chance to freely express my thoughts about religion, and to be wildly irreverent, and to spar with people I would normally completely avoid, and to curse more than I usually do. It has been fun and very informative.

Seeing how the universe responds in my own life when I let my energy flow freely, I can only guess that doing so in this forum is of value in one way or another -- if not only for my evolvement, perhaps also for some others in whatever way serves them. Even when I'm sharply pointed with people (which I normally don't do to such a degree in person), it seems to liberate me from expectations and censorship that I've had of myself over the years... and it feels like it's the right thing to do! I do not feel that I am abusing people. I am engaged in a dance with them. And I am aware that I am speaking to that part of myself that could or may vibrate as they do. And sometimes cursing and exasperation seems appropriate.

It seems that a critical mass of people are coming to broader awareness very fast. I think it is terrifying for most as they do (it initially was for me). But perhaps the more we do it, the easier it gets. Letting go is not "falling" -- letting go is freedom from entanglement. It has seemed to me that when I stopped feeling that I had to BE IT ALL, I became part of more, and more empowerment surprisingly came with that!

I also think I'm seeing that broader awareness is right there under the surface for many people... and all they need is for others to SPEAK it out loud. To acknowledge that it's real. And for some, it sounds familiar, even if foreign to their current space. I've previously described it as "turning on the lights in the theater". Then everyone on stage REMEMBERS... "Oh right... this is just ONE part I've been playing. This is NOT all there is to me or anything else." And we can all laugh at how believable we made it, and then become more conscious of the stage we're on and HAVE MORE FUN with it.
Gustav Bjornstrand

Post by Gustav Bjornstrand »

Just a minor little question: Will the glorious 'cosmic dance with the Universe' you are engaged with, and the promised Enlightenment, lead again to the destruction of entire threads? Or was that just a fluke?
Gustav Bjornstrand

David West's book 'Quickstep to Enlightenment':
  • "Fastrack originates as a result of the desperate emergency that befalls our planet. We have a few years of life remaining, as we know it, after which we will experience the full consequences of our destructive actions. For too long now, we have totally ignored the warning signs, and every one of us has decided that it is someone else’s problem. The buck stops here. In fact, everything we have ever known stops here. We understand that many citizens may consider this an alarmist attitude. It is quite alarming; the number of people who are completely ignoring the fact that this planet has been dying for the last fifty or more years, with the rate of death increasing each year at a continuously accelerating pace? The seasons are changing, with record highs and lows every year. The human body and human mind are closing down and preparing for a lengthy hibernation. People are staring at television and computer screens, hypnotised by flashing stock exchange figures, whilst outside the flood waters are rising, the air is becoming unbreathable, governments are murdering innocent women and children, and every natural law points to the fact that the majority of the population has lost its balance of mind. How can people be so unconcerned? How can they be planning for their retirement thirty and forty years hence, when they will not live that long? How can they occupy most of their time performing trivial duties in order to increase their bank account, and then occupy their "spare" time either sleeping, or conducting some pointless activity that reduces the bank account? What a perverse way of living, with no benefit accrued at the time of death. Therefore, we need a rapid way of getting out of this hole, and that is what Fastrack is all about. We believe that Fastrack can provide some of the answers that help to maintain a steady progress towards our goal of enlightenment."
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

Lacewing wrote:Jaded Sage... just curious, are you the author of the article?
Jaded Sage wrote:We are no longer stuck with the heavy baggage we used to have when we considered our belief system to be a part of ourselves. We can openly attack our own belief system, knowing that we are not harming ourselves, and so we are free to adjust and evolve very quickly. Every little piece of knowledge becomes enmeshed into one unified understanding, subject to rapid adjustment and detailed expansion as new knowledge is gained. Then all those things we couldn't understand before suddenly become crystal clear.
Nope, I didn't write it. But when I read the emboldened parts, I felt like I had. Do I come of as New Agey as this guy? I used to be a little hippie. I will say that it expresses my attitude about the enterprise of philosophy quite well, especially the part about having fun, and, to be honest, also that part about the difference between the enlightened and the unenlightened. It used to be difficult and frustrating to see the minds of all my old friends begin to work differently than mine. I come to places like this looking for non-no-hopers. :D
wtf

Post by wtf »

A monk in the Zen monastery heard that his best friend had achieved enlightenment. The monk excitedly went over to his friend and asked, What is it like to be enlightened? His newly-enlightened friend said: It's just as miserable as ever!
The Inglorious One

Post by The Inglorious One »

"Terrifying"? I think Lacewing is projecting.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

OP is nothing but pure nonsense and babble!

..so what can you use this "enlightment" for? ..do a bypass surgery? Build a bridge, skyscraper? ..design futuristic cars, jet fighters? ..can you do math on high lvl? ..can you be a national bank advisor or security chief of all national banking?

......no

YOU CAN'T USE IT FOR SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only unusual stupid and gullible tards will waste time on such blatant idiocy!!!
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

Hex, did you ever see Kung Fu Panda? You sound like him at the end, "Can I do a quadruple backflip?"

This is what it does:
image.jpg
image.jpg (108.12 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
Nobody believes me, but your mind starts to work differently too. He says it gets quicker. I have noticed it allows you to see things others don't.

Here is another quote to get us all looking in the right direction:
image.jpg
image.jpg (120.56 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
Gustav Bjornstrand

We can openly attack our own belief system, knowing that we are not harming ourselves, and so we are free to adjust and evolve very quickly. Every little piece of knowledge becomes enmeshed into one unified understanding, subject to rapid adjustment and detailed expansion as new knowledge is gained.
I find there is some sense in these types of 'enlightenment' declarations, and then something which seems questionable and even condemnable. Having observed some 'enlightenment teachers' in operation, and the crowd that is drawn to them, one senses that something odd is going on, or more things that are apparent. It seems to be a way, a strategy, to hold to some solidity of self in a world (for example that of American society from where most of these enlightenment teachers come from) where very strange and 'possessive' influences are afoot. It has a last-ditch effort sense to it, and it seems to be that one proves one's own assertion when, after no longer holding to 'beliefs', and having relinquished them, one has not disappeared into black hole or turned into a puddle and then evaporated. Self is still there. At that point one could become anything: A free spirit, a happy-go-lucky neo-hippy, or an automaton. I have seen this sort of 'realisation' function as a 'liberation'.

I can imagine someone completely encumbered by arrays of weird beliefs who could use this pattern of idea as a way to toss them off and get free. It has a therapy feel to it, or something like the 12-Step Program. But the premise, when taken toward its logical conclusions, seems 'atomising'.
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

The Buddha talks about how seekers quarrel over views. This is for them.
Gustav Bjornstrand

This world?
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

This:

Jaded Sage wrote:Hex, did you ever see Kung Fu Panda? You sound like him at the end, "Can I do a quadruple backflip?"

This is what it does:
image.jpg
image.jpg (108.12 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
Nobody believes me, but your mind starts to work differently too. He says it gets quicker. Mine seems to have, and I have noticed it allows you to see things others don't.

image.jpg
image.jpg (120.56 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Jaded Sage wrote:Hex, did you ever see Kung Fu Panda? You sound like him at the end, "Can I do a quadruple backflip?"

This is what it does:
image.jpg
Nobody believes me, but your mind starts to work differently too. He says it gets quicker. I have noticed it allows you to see things others don't.

image.jpg
You delude youself with this blatant nonsense and babble.

"Every little piece of knowledge becomes enmeshed into one unified understanding, subject to rapid adjustment and detailed expansion as new knowledge is gained. Then all those Things we couldn't understand before suddenly becomes crystal clear"This would suggest that it's only a matter of time before we all ends up with a super genious IQ like Einstein and Newton with 160+++, just read and you will eventually boost the IQ.

...well truth be told, you are not very bright, and your silly Picture of some babble only proves my point, you can't make a retard a genious, this also suggest that you have no Scientific understanding of intelligences and learning, how is it that we have a term "child prodigy"? ..do you even know what it is?

"Enlightment is a destructive process" ..well it can in very very rare cases be destructive, but making it a sweeping statement is way out of proportion.

Seriously Jaded Sage, you should shut up, you only pollute this forum with your hapless stupidity.
Jaded Sage

Post by Jaded Sage »

Hex, I feel the same about you. It is as if you didn't read the material. I speak from experience when I say these things are true. I suppose you are another no-hoper.