We are not this Body

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

AiR
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:02 pm

We are not this Body

Post by AiR » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:26 am

Of course, it seems to us that we are this body, but the reality is that this body is just a vehicle of ours. We are not the body; we are the divine spirit, the soul, the atman and the body is a vehicle that is meant to be used to achieve the purpose of this human life. Unfortunately, instead of using this body as a vehicle to arrive at the meaning of life, we think we are the body and start living as the body, the mind, the intellect, the ego. The ego takes over the command of the soul which we truly are. The ego starts commanding the soul, making the soul irrelevant, though in reality, the soul is everything. The soul is part of God, part of the over soul and instead of being the real identity of the soul, we unfortunately, become the false identity - the myth of the ego, the mind, the body, the intellect. Because we are confused and we believe that we are the body, we don’t live and achieve the main purpose of life, which is to realize God. We live thinking that the goal of life is to be happy because the body wants happiness, the body wants joy, it wants sense pleasures and we are so busy trying to pursue these pleasures that we forget who we truly are. We forget our true identity; we forget we are not the body. It’s time for us to stop and think: are we this body? Isn’t this body just made of five elements? Do we not occupy this body when we are born and then we die, leaving the body behind? If not, what happens at death? The only logical conclusion when the body is burnt or buried is that it was just the composition of the five natural elements. It was not us. We entered the body and we left the body. But we are not the body; we are the divine spirit.

AiR

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: We are not this Body

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:45 am

'



I like t he way you write.


If you hit the enter key a couple of times after certain sentences it wouldn't hurt. Make things easier to digeast on the internet.





.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: We are not this Body

Post by Dalek Prime » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:00 pm

AiR wrote:Of course, it seems to us that we are this body, but the reality is that this body is just a vehicle of ours. We are not the body; we are the divine spirit, the soul, the atman and the body is a vehicle that is meant to be used to achieve the purpose of this human life. Unfortunately, instead of using this body as a vehicle to arrive at the meaning of life, we think we are the body and start living as the body, the mind, the intellect, the ego. The ego takes over the command of the soul which we truly are. The ego starts commanding the soul, making the soul irrelevant, though in reality, the soul is everything. The soul is part of God, part of the over soul and instead of being the real identity of the soul, we unfortunately, become the false identity - the myth of the ego, the mind, the body, the intellect. Because we are confused and we believe that we are the body, we don’t live and achieve the main purpose of life, which is to realize God. We live thinking that the goal of life is to be happy because the body wants happiness, the body wants joy, it wants sense pleasures and we are so busy trying to pursue these pleasures that we forget who we truly are. We forget our true identity; we forget we are not the body. It’s time for us to stop and think: are we this body? Isn’t this body just made of five elements? Do we not occupy this body when we are born and then we die, leaving the body behind? If not, what happens at death? The only logical conclusion when the body is burnt or buried is that it was just the composition of the five natural elements. It was not us. We entered the body and we left the body. But we are not the body; we are the divine spirit.

AiR
We are the body, that allows the concious perceptions. Then we die. But okay, you go ahead and pretty it all up.


Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: We are not this Body

Post by Dalek Prime » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:21 pm

You resist the will of Landru!?

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4965
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Thirty years ago, I got wanged in the head. My soul fell out. I couldn't find it. Money was tight so I couldn't afford to get me a new (or even used) soul. I had to make do without.

'cept for a hard-to-resist appetite for braaaiiinz, I'm makin' out okay.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: We are not this Body

Post by HexHammer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:27 pm

AiR wrote:Of course, it seems to us that we are this body, but the reality is that this body is just a vehicle of ours. We are not the body; we are the divine spirit, the soul, the atman and the body is a vehicle that is meant to be used to achieve the purpose of this human life. Unfortunately, instead of using this body as a vehicle to arrive at the meaning of life, we think we are the body and start living as the body, the mind, the intellect, the ego. The ego takes over the command of the soul which we truly are. The ego starts commanding the soul, making the soul irrelevant, though in reality, the soul is everything. The soul is part of God, part of the over soul and instead of being the real identity of the soul, we unfortunately, become the false identity - the myth of the ego, the mind, the body, the intellect. Because we are confused and we believe that we are the body, we don’t live and achieve the main purpose of life, which is to realize God. We live thinking that the goal of life is to be happy because the body wants happiness, the body wants joy, it wants sense pleasures and we are so busy trying to pursue these pleasures that we forget who we truly are. We forget our true identity; we forget we are not the body. It’s time for us to stop and think: are we this body? Isn’t this body just made of five elements? Do we not occupy this body when we are born and then we die, leaving the body behind? If not, what happens at death? The only logical conclusion when the body is burnt or buried is that it was just the composition of the five natural elements. It was not us. We entered the body and we left the body. But we are not the body; we are the divine spirit.

AiR
Why don't you fuck off to some religious kuku forum where you can babble and rave there?

sthitapragya
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: We are not this Body

Post by sthitapragya » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:03 am

AiR wrote:Of course, it seems to us that we are this body, but the reality is that this body is just a vehicle of ours. We are not the body; we are the divine spirit, the soul, the atman and the body is a vehicle that is meant to be used to achieve the purpose of this human life. Unfortunately, instead of using this body as a vehicle to arrive at the meaning of life, we think we are the body and start living as the body, the mind, the intellect, the ego. The ego takes over the command of the soul which we truly are. The ego starts commanding the soul, making the soul irrelevant, though in reality, the soul is everything. The soul is part of God, part of the over soul and instead of being the real identity of the soul, we unfortunately, become the false identity - the myth of the ego, the mind, the body, the intellect. Because we are confused and we believe that we are the body, we don’t live and achieve the main purpose of life, which is to realize God. We live thinking that the goal of life is to be happy because the body wants happiness, the body wants joy, it wants sense pleasures and we are so busy trying to pursue these pleasures that we forget who we truly are. We forget our true identity; we forget we are not the body. It’s time for us to stop and think: are we this body? Isn’t this body just made of five elements? Do we not occupy this body when we are born and then we die, leaving the body behind? If not, what happens at death? The only logical conclusion when the body is burnt or buried is that it was just the composition of the five natural elements. It was not us. We entered the body and we left the body. But we are not the body; we are the divine spirit.

AiR
If the soul is part of God, would it not be more powerful than our minds or our ego? How can our puny ego take command over the more powerful soul which as you say is a part of God? Is the ego more powerful than God?

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: We are not this Body

Post by Greta » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:25 am

sthitapragya wrote:If the soul is part of God, would it not be more powerful than our minds or our ego? How can our puny ego take command over the more powerful soul which as you say is a part of God? Is the ego more powerful than God?
The soul is here to learn. Just as water flows down every crack in a path, life fills every niche, exploring all possibilities in its relentless learning. So in this life each soul - each chunk of the biosphere / the spirit of life - explores various options, including the mind and ego-centrism. How do you understand the defensive and fearful nature of ego unless you make the mistake?

The above is roughly my impression of a common narrative amongst mystics. I'm saying the above is so or not, personally.

sthitapragya
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: We are not this Body

Post by sthitapragya » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:10 am

Greta wrote:
sthitapragya wrote:If the soul is part of God, would it not be more powerful than our minds or our ego? How can our puny ego take command over the more powerful soul which as you say is a part of God? Is the ego more powerful than God?
The soul is here to learn.
Learn what?

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: We are not this Body

Post by Greta » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:42 am

sthitapragya wrote:
Greta wrote:
sthitapragya wrote:If the soul is part of God, would it not be more powerful than our minds or our ego? How can our puny ego take command over the more powerful soul which as you say is a part of God? Is the ego more powerful than God?
The soul is here to learn.
Learn what?
What do you think?

sthitapragya
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: We are not this Body

Post by sthitapragya » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:05 am

Greta wrote: What do you think?
Ok. I think if there were a soul, it would be more powerful than the brain of a man and being part of God would already know everything. Now the only way for the soul to allow a man to use his brain would be to stay completely inactive and let the man and his brain do whatever it needs to. In short, the soul would be a spectator just observing whatever the body did dispassionately. If the soul did intervene ,it would be to prevent a body from making a mistake, in which case, the soul would be constantly intervening and every human would behave perfectly because the soul is a part of God and would know everything. Since humans do make mistakes very often, it stands to reason that the all knowing soul does not intervene at all ever in any way whatsoever. It would mean also that the soul has no interest in protecting the body at all from anything including death because the soul is there to observe dispassionately. This means that in essence the soul is a separate entity in the body that does not belong to the body, does not care for the body and has no connection with the body other than as an observer. It has no connection with your body and so calling it 'your' soul or 'my' soul makes no sense. It is just 'a' soul in the body, observing. There is nothing the body takes from the soul. It just gives it data. So there is no solace to be drawn from having a soul in the body because once your body dies, it dies. The soul which was never really giving any identity to the body, just leaves and goes its own way.

As far as learning is concerned, then the soul being part of God wants to understand what a having limited power and limited knowledge would be like and to understand the concept of limited power and limited knowledge, since it has no concept of how that works considering that it is omnipotent and all knowing itself.

But as far as we are concerned, it is just there in our body, a foreigner, either wanted or unwanted, but utterly useless from the point of view of the body.

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: We are not this Body

Post by Greta » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:11 am

Maybe the soul isn't necessarily very powerful, or maybe people suppress their souls to greater or lesser degrees? Maybe it's not a matter of compulsory engagement? Also, why would a soul have to be part of God? That's all rather grandiose - surely being part of the Earth would be plenty enough?

Not that I don't believe completely in anything, just riffing some possibilities.

sthitapragya
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: We are not this Body

Post by sthitapragya » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Greta wrote:Maybe the soul isn't necessarily very powerful, or maybe people suppress their souls to greater or lesser degrees? Maybe it's not a matter of compulsory engagement? Also, why would a soul have to be part of God? That's all rather grandiose - surely being part of the Earth would be plenty enough?

Not that I don't believe completely in anything, just riffing some possibilities.
These were the words used by the author of the post. They are not mine. He claims the soul is part of God. I just ran with it.

AiR
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: We are not this Body

Post by AiR » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:40 am

sthitapragya wrote:
AiR wrote:Of course, it seems to us that we are this body, but the reality is that this body is just a vehicle of ours. We are not the body; we are the divine spirit, the soul, the atman and the body is a vehicle that is meant to be used to achieve the purpose of this human life. Unfortunately, instead of using this body as a vehicle to arrive at the meaning of life, we think we are the body and start living as the body, the mind, the intellect, the ego. The ego takes over the command of the soul which we truly are. The ego starts commanding the soul, making the soul irrelevant, though in reality, the soul is everything. The soul is part of God, part of the over soul and instead of being the real identity of the soul, we unfortunately, become the false identity - the myth of the ego, the mind, the body, the intellect. Because we are confused and we believe that we are the body, we don’t live and achieve the main purpose of life, which is to realize God. We live thinking that the goal of life is to be happy because the body wants happiness, the body wants joy, it wants sense pleasures and we are so busy trying to pursue these pleasures that we forget who we truly are. We forget our true identity; we forget we are not the body. It’s time for us to stop and think: are we this body? Isn’t this body just made of five elements? Do we not occupy this body when we are born and then we die, leaving the body behind? If not, what happens at death? The only logical conclusion when the body is burnt or buried is that it was just the composition of the five natural elements. It was not us. We entered the body and we left the body. But we are not the body; we are the divine spirit.

AiR
If the soul is part of God, would it not be more powerful than our minds or our ego? How can our puny ego take command over the more powerful soul which as you say is a part of God? Is the ego more powerful than God?
Yes, the soul is a part of God and it is more powerful than our ego, our mind, infinitely more powerful.

Ego cannot take over the command of the soul because the soul is God and all-powerful. However, why this happens is because this world – a manifestation of God, is a drama that he has created; a drama for all his manifestations, where one ultimately has to aspire to and long to realize God. Unfortunately, we are all so caught up in this drama, so involved with the world, it’s physical attractions, the distractions of the mind, that very few of us have the ability to realize God or even to want to realize God. This is because of our ego. The ego in itself is also God’s creation. Everything is God’s creation. It is for us to understand that once we realize that we are not the ego, but a part of God, then everything drops, and in a moment the all-powerful soul within takes command; the ego, the mind, the body drop in a moment with God realization.

AiR

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests