How to truly Love God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
AiR
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:02 pm

How to truly Love God

Post by AiR » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:12 am

An interesting thought flashed across my mind. The thought was how to truly love God. And the first thought that came to my mind was that the only way to love God was to stop loving everything else. Many spiritual leaders do that. They renounce everything else; they renounce all people, they renounce all relationships, they renounce food, they renounce fun, they even renounce sunrises and sunsets, but what happens when you renounce everything beautiful that is manifested by God? You become cynical, you become negative, you become bored of life. How can a cynical, negative, bored person love God? Therefore the answer itself came from God, the super conscious flashed. The only way to truly love God is not to stop loving everybody and everything, but to love the manifester in everybody and the manifester in everything. Therefore, if I love that person as that person is, that is not loving God, but if I love that person as a creation of God, that is loving God. When I love somebody, if the thought behind my love is the glory of God, when I love somebody, if the thought behind is not physical, but spiritual, that love is absolutely, absolutely the right thing to do. If I love the sunset but love just the physical attributes of the sunset, that’s not loving God, but if I love the sunset and feel amazed at the creation of the Creator, that is absolutely loving God. Therefore, “don’t stop loving” is the thought that comes to me; rather, increase your love, but love as if you are loving God.

AiR

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4060
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by Harbal » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:56 pm

I don't really think you can just talk yourself into loving something.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4922
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by Dalek Prime » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:07 pm

I like the old saying, when someone says they love something, "Well, if you love it so much, why don't you marry it." So childish, yet it still makes me laugh.

That's me; still a big kid at heart, and I'm leaving this world that way.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3265
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by HexHammer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:30 pm

This AiR dude sure seems like a kuku retard, not only does he write complete nonsense and babble, but post in the wrong forum. Surely are not the bright type.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4060
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by Harbal » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:54 pm

HexHammer wrote:This AiR dude sure seems like a kuku retard, not only does he write complete nonsense and babble, but post in the wrong forum. Surely are not the bright type.
But he loves you because God created you.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3265
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by HexHammer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:05 pm

Harbal wrote:
HexHammer wrote:This AiR dude sure seems like a kuku retard, not only does he write complete nonsense and babble, but post in the wrong forum. Surely are not the bright type.
But he loves you because God created you.
So?

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4060
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by Harbal » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:15 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Harbal wrote:
HexHammer wrote:This AiR dude sure seems like a kuku retard, not only does he write complete nonsense and babble, but post in the wrong forum. Surely are not the bright type.
But he loves you because God created you.
So?
I suspect you're not somebody who's used to being loved.

Dubious
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by Dubious » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Harbal wrote:
HexHammer wrote:This AiR dude sure seems like a kuku retard, not only does he write complete nonsense and babble, but post in the wrong forum. Surely are not the bright type.
But he loves you because God created you.
Not all parents love their children especially when they over produced!

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by Greta » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:33 pm

AiR wrote:An interesting thought flashed across my mind. The thought was how to truly love God. And the first thought that came to my mind was that the only way to love God was to stop loving everything else. Many spiritual leaders do that. They renounce everything else; they renounce all people, they renounce all relationships, they renounce food, they renounce fun, they even renounce sunrises and sunsets, but what happens when you renounce everything beautiful that is manifested by God? You become cynical, you become negative, you become bored of life. How can a cynical, negative, bored person love God? Therefore the answer itself came from God, the super conscious flashed. The only way to truly love God is not to stop loving everybody and everything, but to love the manifester in everybody and the manifester in everything. Therefore, if I love that person as that person is, that is not loving God, but if I love that person as a creation of God, that is loving God. When I love somebody, if the thought behind my love is the glory of God, when I love somebody, if the thought behind is not physical, but spiritual, that love is absolutely, absolutely the right thing to do. If I love the sunset but love just the physical attributes of the sunset, that’s not loving God, but if I love the sunset and feel amazed at the creation of the Creator, that is absolutely loving God. Therefore, “don’t stop loving” is the thought that comes to me; rather, increase your love, but love as if you are loving God.

AiR
Watch out for objectification, where people become "objects to love because you feel you ought to love them". It's easy to lovea sunset but some people (and other animals) are hard to love. When I get bitter and twisted I sometimes try to centre with "the meditation of loving kindness" http://www.contemplativemind.org/practi ... g-kindness. I keep getting stuck on hardline Tories like Tony Abbott and Rupert Murdoch - I'm sure they have loveable qualities ... somewhere.

One thing that helped me be less judgemental is to recognise the innocence in others - all others - including those who play the role of "worldly critic". We are still largely driven by animal urges and not nearly as much in control as we like to think. Everyone and everything plays a role in this constant process of creation and destruction that is reality whether they know it or not. Those who largely act as "agents of entropy" are more or less impossible to love, but they can be seen in a similar vein as other agents of entropy like volcanoes, meteors, storms, and predators - often impressive and, in some cases, beautiful at a distance but you wouldn't want to get too close.

Then again, you wouldn't want to get too close to a sunset either ...

sthitapragya
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by sthitapragya » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:10 am

AiR wrote:An interesting thought flashed across my mind. The thought was how to truly love God. And the first thought that came to my mind was that the only way to love God was to stop loving everything else. Many spiritual leaders do that. They renounce everything else; they renounce all people, they renounce all relationships, they renounce food, they renounce fun, they even renounce sunrises and sunsets, but what happens when you renounce everything beautiful that is manifested by God? You become cynical, you become negative, you become bored of life. How can a cynical, negative, bored person love God? Therefore the answer itself came from God, the super conscious flashed. The only way to truly love God is not to stop loving everybody and everything, but to love the manifester in everybody and the manifester in everything. Therefore, if I love that person as that person is, that is not loving God, but if I love that person as a creation of God, that is loving God. When I love somebody, if the thought behind my love is the glory of God, when I love somebody, if the thought behind is not physical, but spiritual, that love is absolutely, absolutely the right thing to do. If I love the sunset but love just the physical attributes of the sunset, that’s not loving God, but if I love the sunset and feel amazed at the creation of the Creator, that is absolutely loving God. Therefore, “don’t stop loving” is the thought that comes to me; rather, increase your love, but love as if you are loving God.

AiR
What happens if it turns out there is no God? The possibility is infinitesimal in your mind but what if there is no God? Do we then stop loving everyone and start hating them? Is there then no purpose of life at all? Does the sunset suddenly become not beautiful? Does the person you love suddenly become unworthy of love? Basically, what is plan B?

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3265
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by HexHammer » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Harbal wrote:I suspect you're not somebody who's used to being loved.
I am ..and it's very annoying, even been kinda forced into a clan, because I made jokes all the time, and they even kicked their honoryary member and banned him from the forum, to get me in.
..I really hate too much attention.

User avatar
Gustav Bjornstrand
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by Gustav Bjornstrand » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Sthitapragya wrote:What happens if it turns out there is no God? The possibility is infinitesimal in your mind but what if there is no God? Do we then stop loving everyone and start hating them? Is there then no purpose of life at all? Does the sunset suddenly become not beautiful? Does the person you love suddenly become unworthy of love? Basically, what is plan B?
What we shall do is to create systems of deep-control of people - biologically, chemically - as they are mere biological mechanisms and nothing more: robots of the mindless creation, self-created for no purpose. We develop systems whereby each 'unit' is programmed to see reality in a certain way and to have a function within a mechanistic organism overseen by vast computer-systems and a bureaucratic class of overlords who work for the rulers of the mechanism.

Controlled through a centralised system, the Authority will keep and maintain biological units, train them up as biological units, and keep them in service to the Mechanism of production and distribution. The notion of 'love' will have, can have, no meaning, and will fall away. Even the use of that antiquated, provincial term - connected as it is to a spiritual sense of connection to another human being - must be replaced and will be replaced by pure utilitarianism. What is your function? What do you do? And what can you do for me?

'Love' will go out the window and I think desire will require establishment at the centre. Love?! A vat of poisonous murk. Love is an illusion. Defining 'love' is as hard as defining 'god'. A biological entity, in a mechanistic universe, in the grip of the social/economic machine that holds it, should not think and much less feel in terms of love. Where do you come up with these silly terms? Love. Ha!

There is no purpose in nature, no purpose in evolution. Has someone spiked your cola? There is simply exchange of energy and material. If I have the strength to get it, I take it. You do not have any 'right' to complain about it, nor even to think about it. In fact, your 'thinking' is a problem since your 'mind' is filled with such ancient and false stuff about 'rights'. You will agree to submit to brain-washing therefor. Come, come, don't dilly-dally. We will clear out of your cellular structure all this ridiculous historical trash such as 'love', 'connection', 'value', and 'meaning'. You say you can define meaning? I say you are deluded and drunk on historical stupefactants. You must agree to be reprogrammed by the System itself that owns your biological rights, just as it owns everything else. You HAVE NO RIGHTS!
____________________________

You might say: In a world dominated by a non-theistic philosophy it does not necessarily have to turn out that way. Theoretically, of course, this is true. But when one severs the connection to the metaphysical life-line, so to speak, (and if one considers the metaphysical life-line as real and one that conveys the ideas of value of persons, of rights, of meaning, and much else, the severing of the link to *it* has real effect. Consequences. Naturally, you don't accept this. Yet it appears to be true, at least from where I sit.

The issue is of course how the notion of divinity is defined, and how one defines metaphysic. The atheistic platform, of course, can do (nor does it attempt to do) any part of this. It simply disassembles what has been constructed, imperfectly, even at times ridiculously. It links most obviously with the large, destructive state enterprises and it is foolish to imagine that it does not function as I have darkly indicated, above. That IS where it tends, in fact.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4060
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by Harbal » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:49 pm

HexHammer wrote:I am ..and it's very annoying, even been kinda forced into a clan, because I made jokes all the time, and they even kicked their honoryary member and banned him from the forum, to get me in.
..I really hate too much attention.
I'll take your word for it but I have to say, just from my own observations, that you don't seem to go out of your way to endear yourself to people.

sthitapragya
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by sthitapragya » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:01 am

Gustav Bjornstrand wrote: What we shall do is to create systems of deep-control of people - biologically, chemically - as they are mere biological mechanisms and nothing more: robots of the mindless creation, self-created for no purpose. We develop systems whereby each 'unit' is programmed to see reality in a certain way and to have a function within a mechanistic organism overseen by vast computer-systems and a bureaucratic class of overlords who work for the rulers of the mechanism.

Controlled through a centralised system, the Authority will keep and maintain biological units, train them up as biological units, and keep them in service to the Mechanism of production and distribution. The notion of 'love' will have, can have, no meaning, and will fall away. Even the use of that antiquated, provincial term - connected as it is to a spiritual sense of connection to another human being - must be replaced and will be replaced by pure utilitarianism. What is your function? What do you do? And what can you do for me?

'Love' will go out the window and I think desire will require establishment at the centre. Love?! A vat of poisonous murk. Love is an illusion. Defining 'love' is as hard as defining 'god'. A biological entity, in a mechanistic universe, in the grip of the social/economic machine that holds it, should not think and much less feel in terms of love. Where do you come up with these silly terms? Love. Ha!

There is no purpose in nature, no purpose in evolution. Has someone spiked your cola? There is simply exchange of energy and material. If I have the strength to get it, I take it. You do not have any 'right' to complain about it, nor even to think about it. In fact, your 'thinking' is a problem since your 'mind' is filled with such ancient and false stuff about 'rights'. You will agree to submit to brain-washing therefor. Come, come, don't dilly-dally. We will clear out of your cellular structure all this ridiculous historical trash such as 'love', 'connection', 'value', and 'meaning'. You say you can define meaning? I say you are deluded and drunk on historical stupefactants. You must agree to be reprogrammed by the System itself that owns your biological rights, just as it owns everything else. You HAVE NO RIGHTS!
____________________________

You might say: In a world dominated by a non-theistic philosophy it does not necessarily have to turn out that way. Theoretically, of course, this is true. But when one severs the connection to the metaphysical life-line, so to speak, (and if one considers the metaphysical life-line as real and one that conveys the ideas of value of persons, of rights, of meaning, and much else, the severing of the link to *it* has real effect. Consequences. Naturally, you don't accept this. Yet it appears to be true, at least from where I sit.

The issue is of course how the notion of divinity is defined, and how one defines metaphysic. The atheistic platform, of course, can do (nor does it attempt to do) any part of this. It simply disassembles what has been constructed, imperfectly, even at times ridiculously. It links most obviously with the large, destructive state enterprises and it is foolish to imagine that it does not function as I have darkly indicated, above. That IS where it tends, in fact.
Ah! finally the mindless hatred for atheism is beginning to show. To actually believe that this is the purpose of atheism is just discrimination. I can see that you see us as monsters out to destroy the world. What a pity. I actually thought you might be a broad minded man. I cannot argue with the disgusting poison you have spewed above. I just pity your insecure mind. If I were a believer, I would have more faith in my God, even if he did not exist.

Do you realize that if God did not exist, the world would be exactly the same? And what is the ISIS doing right now? Isn't it creating exactly the same mind controlled machines in the name of religion you accuse atheists of doing? It is a pity that reading a lot does not broaden the mind.

And in case you did not notice, I was pointing out that I am capable of love and appreciation of beauty even without the existence of God.

For you, everything depends on the existence of God. Without God, your principles, your ethics all collapse. So they are not your own. Do you realize that? Mine are unconditional and unchangeable.

I would also suggest that you consider that your hatred is actually envy for my conviction in the face of all your doubts.

I think the atheists equanimity in accepting the non-existence of God and no purpose of life and his ability to live a beautiful and fulfilling life in spite of this troubles you more than you care to admit.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3265
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: How to truly Love God

Post by HexHammer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:51 pm

Harbal wrote:
HexHammer wrote:I am ..and it's very annoying, even been kinda forced into a clan, because I made jokes all the time, and they even kicked their honoryary member and banned him from the forum, to get me in.
..I really hate too much attention.
I'll take your word for it but I have to say, just from my own observations, that you don't seem to go out of your way to endear yourself to people.
Good observation.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 5 guests