How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by attofishpi »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:18 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Prove is not required for non existence; only existence. The burden of proof is on you. What the fuck do you mean by "god" anyway?
Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me. Panantheism appears the closest glove that fits, coupled with the existence of Christ. The burden of prove does not lie with anyone such as myself to convince an atheist with 'proof' that God exists, since they are the unfortunate simpletons on the equation of the DOUBT that God has insisted pervades. One should then consider - why all the DOUBT? There is a reason for it, and it is NOT because God does not exist.
You already told us that was when you had a bang on the head.
Learn to comprehend English - i have stated countless times that 2005 was when i was attacked and had a broken arm and nose and this was the time the SAGE introduced itself to me. I had known God to exist since 1997.

My best advice to all those that do not know it exists - steer clear of it.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:17 am Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me. Panantheism appears the closest glove that fits, coupled with the existence of Christ. The burden of prove does not lie with anyone such as myself to convince an atheist with 'proof' that God exists, since they are the unfortunate simpletons on the equation of the DOUBT that God has insisted pervades. One should then consider - why all the DOUBT? There is a reason for it, and it is NOT because God does not exist.
Sure that's the reason. Whatever god exists for you, does not exist for everyone. Whatever god exists for you, is not the only god that exists for all others. Your personal god does not make you special. For many, a god is not needed or desired. There's nothing wrong with that. Keep your god to yourself, just as you want others to keep their gods to themselves. Your god is not real to anyone but you. Your reality is no big deal for anyone else! Anyone can have all sorts of inspiring influences that others do not. Calling people "unfortunate simpletons" because they do not believe what you do, is idiotic. Whatever is real to you... enjoy it... but know that there is so much more than your reality. Many of us don't give a shit what you think your god is saying. The messages are FOR YOU and BY YOU. Everyone else has the same capabilities. Why wouldn't they? Stop glorifying yourself in front of everyone. It's embarrassing. :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:30 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:17 am Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me. Panantheism appears the closest glove that fits, coupled with the existence of Christ. The burden of prove does not lie with anyone such as myself to convince an atheist with 'proof' that God exists, since they are the unfortunate simpletons on the equation of the DOUBT that God has insisted pervades. One should then consider - why all the DOUBT? There is a reason for it, and it is NOT because God does not exist.
Sure that's the reason. Whatever god exists for you, does not exist for everyone. Whatever god exists for you, is not the only god that exists for all others. Your personal god does not make you special. For many, a god is not needed or desired. There's nothing wrong with that. Keep your god to yourself, just as you want others to keep their gods to themselves. Your god is not real to anyone but you. Your reality is no big deal for anyone else! Anyone can have all sorts of inspiring influences that others do not. Calling people "unfortunate simpletons" because they do not believe what you do, is idiotic. Whatever is real to you... enjoy it... but know that there is so much more than your reality. Many of us don't give a shit what you think your god is saying. The messages are FOR YOU and BY YOU. Everyone else has the same capabilities. Why wouldn't they? Stop glorifying yourself in front of everyone. It's embarrassing. :lol:
The day you real eyes you are not an oracle is with the words that just spouted from your ill informed mine.

Grand Father Time
Time speaks to me
like a restless man
of too many thoughts
thoughts that are fraught
with knowing too much
and so little
i take my time
it abides by me
as i sip on the essence
of lost memory
it keeps me warm
and i get pittance
to labour on
time's piss ant pawn
Is time a man?
We know it not
events occurring
flicker here
flicker
flicker there
missed her
Mr who?
Miss?
Misses?
I like you,
we did both, you and i
did and our soul did
cry
in our youth, masters we were
but now sent adrift
seeking the shore
and i ashore you not
this shipwrights knot
lets caulk the seams
breathe
for we will sink
with our dreams
to fathom below
deeper we'll go
into the fathoms
darker still
where light retreats
and glazes our gleam
blinding us again
the time
the light
that emits
no more
usurped
the mass
the priest
the chalice
bedded now
into a
watery
ground.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 am The day you real eyes
Why do you think it adds anything to write "real eyes"? Is the word "realize" not clear enough for you? Is it just one more thing you think is better when you twist it?
attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 am you are not an oracle
How do you know?
attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 amis with the words that just spouted from your ill informed mine.
Yes... the ill informed is yours. :lol:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 am Time speaks to me
like a restless man
of too many thoughts
thoughts that are fraught
with knowing too much
and so little
i take my time
it abides by me
as i sip on the essence
of lost memory
it keeps me warm
and i get pittance
to labour on
time's piss ant pawn
Is time a man?
We know it not
events occurring
flicker here
flicker
flicker there
missed her
Mr who?
Miss?
Misses?
I like you,
we did both, you and i
did and our soul did
cry
in our youth, masters we were
but now sent adrift
seeking the shore
and i ashore you not
this shipwrights knot
lets caulk the seams
breathe
for we will sink
with our dreams
to fathom below
deeper we'll go
into the fathoms
darker still
where light retreats
and glazes our gleam
blinding us again
the time
the light
that emits
no more
usurped
the mass
the priest
the chalice
bedded now
into a
watery
ground.
cuckoo, cuckoo
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Tomorrow, I have a choice - revolt using art or suicide. I already suffered more than Christ as a Christian - Christ's suffering was a walk in the park in comparison. Mock me, it's my last stand, just hope the c~nt does'nt 'save' me this time.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Stick with the art atofishpi.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:09 am Stick with the art atofishpi.
Thanks Arising - if my Mum knew she would be proud of you.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:02 am Tomorrow, I have a choice - revolt using art or suicide. I already suffered more than Christ as a Christian - Christ's suffering was a walk in the park in comparison. Mock me, it's my last stand, just hope the c~nt does'nt 'save' me this time.
Why so serious?

Did you ever think that "God" might be full of laughter and joy... and that it is man who makes up the drama?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:02 am Tomorrow, I have a choice - revolt using art or suicide. I already suffered more than Christ as a Christian - Christ's suffering was a walk in the park in comparison. Mock me, it's my last stand, just hope the c~nt does'nt 'save' me this time.

Just suck it all up, you were born to suck it up. Quit complaining and suck it up like Jesus did, you can do this, you were born for this. Jesus is a shining example this can be sucked up. Life may suck but you're the only sucker sucking yourself. :D

Only you can give yourself permission to fuck you. Your always fucking yourself over.

osgart

Post by osgart »

by figuring out what love is. true love actually, not just love. anybody can love, but true love is the noblest of all loves, the most free, the most peaceful, the most inspiring.

as an atheist I believe true love is eternal, and we must keep dying til we find it. it's the holy grail, the needle in a haystack, the Blarney stone, excalibur, the alpha and the omega, sworn knighthood, and the end of the rainbow.

Find that and you have found everything! :mrgreen:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Giving tit for tat will only get you tat.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:28 am Giving tit for tat will only get you tat.
That should be alright for you since you are a tit.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

Marx Brothers movies.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

'tis better to have hemmed and hawed than never to have hemmed at all.