What should religion be based on?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:05 pm

There is only the real creator of the universe ( the true God ) : you can speak to him (but that is one-sided)

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by thedoc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:10 pm

manden wrote:I said , the real creator of the universe ( the true God ) has created everything ! Not that what you say !
I could recognize at his creation that the real creator of the universe (more of himself not recognizable) really exists , because the real creator
has made this possibility for every human being , and I could reach the necessary ' human - moral ' level , which is necessary to recognize his
existence .
Do you realize that if you had a better grasp of English grammar and language, your posts wouldn't sound like you were talking in riddles and they would be easier to understand.

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:14 pm

What is necessary , can be understood .

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by thedoc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:19 pm

Religion should be and is based on a good Mythology.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by thedoc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:21 pm

manden wrote:What is necessary , can be understood .
I understand that your problem is poor cognitive abilities, you don't understand what you are thinking, so you can't explain it.

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:23 pm

Wrong

mickthinks
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Augsburg

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by mickthinks » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:00 pm

thedoc wrote:I understand that your problem is poor cognitive abilities ...
How have you reached that conclusion? I too have trouble following manden's rather didactic and broken English, but I see no reason to blame her/his cognitive abilities for that. S/he isn't saying much, granted; but that is in no small measure down to the combative and unconstructive dialogue in which you and Hobby are engaging her. I think a little more charity on your part is called for. :-)

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by thedoc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:22 pm

mickthinks wrote: I think a little more charity on your part is called for. :-)

Show us.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by thedoc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:27 pm

mickthinks wrote:
thedoc wrote:I understand that your problem is poor cognitive abilities ...
How have you reached that conclusion? I too have trouble following manden's rather didactic and broken English, but I see no reason to blame her/his cognitive abilities for that. S/he isn't saying much, granted; but that is in no small measure down to the combative and unconstructive dialogue in which you and Hobby are engaging her. I think a little more charity on your part is called for. :-)

Manden comes here acting all alien and superior, claims she has superior understanding but refuses to share it, then demands that we figure it out for ourselves. I think that abuse and hostility is justified. If she has superior understanding, then she should tell us and prove that what she says is true, so far it has just been a lot of unjustified posturing.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by thedoc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:30 pm

FYI, when someone talks down to me, I tend to reply in kind. Manden has displayed no charity towards anyone here.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by thedoc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:33 pm

mickthinks wrote: How have you reached that conclusion?
By reading her posts.

mickthinks
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Augsburg

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by mickthinks » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:38 pm

thedoc wrote:
mickthinks wrote:How have you reached that conclusion?
By reading her posts.
By your own admission, we know that you find her posts hard to understand. My question is, how have you decided your failure to understand is evidence of her lack of "cognitive abilities" rather than, say, the combination of her poor English and your lack of patience?
Last edited by mickthinks on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8364
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:39 pm

manden wrote:I said , the real creator of the universe ( the true God ) has created everything ! Not that what you say !

I could recognize at his creation that the real creator of the universe (more of himself not recognizable) really exists , because the real creator

has made this possibility for every human being , and I could reach the necessary ' human - moral ' level , which is necessary to recognize his

existence .
SO what sort of a thing is god?

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by thedoc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:51 pm

mickthinks wrote:
thedoc wrote:
mickthinks wrote:How have you reached that conclusion?
By reading her posts.
By your own admission, we know that you find her posts hard to understand. My question is, how have you decided your failure to understand is evidence of her lack of "cognitive abilities" rather than, say, the combination of her poor English and your lack of patience?
I see that you don't have good reading comprehension, I didn't say that I didn't understand what she was trying to say but that she wasn't saying it very well. If she doesn't say it very well, she isn't thinking about it very clearly and thus is not able to communicate it very clearly. If you are having difficulty with that, I will type more slowly for you, that is if I respond to you at all.

Obvious Leo
Posts: 4007
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 am
Location: Australia

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Obvious Leo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:15 pm

mickthinks wrote: S/he isn't saying much, granted;
More of manden is not recognisable. This is by no means the only thread on this topic and I think we've seen all there is to see, which is sweet fuck-all.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests