What should religion be based on?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:58 am

Obvious Leo wrote:Hobbes. I've already tried your question in a number of different ways but logic does not appear to be our man's long suit, despite the fact that he speaks knowingly of it.

Logic statements are always framed in the form of IF/THEN syllogisms. For example IF the universe is a created entity THEN there must exist some entity external to it responsible for creating it. More than this we cannot say because by placing such a causal agency external to the universe itself we immediately place it beyond scientific or philosophical scrutiny. However the far bigger question is the original IF premise. Since no evidence exists that the universe is a created entity then we must fall back on the simple principle in formal logic that no true logic statements can be derived from a counter-factual premise. In this simple scenario the logician must honour Occam economy and conclude that the universe has always existed. This is very straightforward stuff, which any undergraduate in Logic 101 would be expected to understand, so why the fuck manden is wasting our time with this crap is a testimony to his doggedness, although not to his mastery of the basic principles of logic.
Indeed a person who has built his own world of self delusion has no boundary when it comes to respect for basic language.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:00 am

manden wrote:Don't you think , the TRUE God has a much better and higher logic than you ?
What do you mean "one TRUE God"?
What do you mean "logic", as you do not seem to know the meaning of the word. And what would 'higher' mean in your context?

On the face of it, a fictitious entity does not of itself have the power of Logic, and judging by your caricature your failure to understand logic reflects badly on your god.

I'm not sure what you think you can achieve here on a "Philosophy" Forum. But you ought to expect people who have some understanding of logic. I think you are in the wrong place.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:03 am

manden wrote:You must do that . You only know the corrupt human logic , I am able (thank to the TRUE God) to use perfect simple logic ( you mostly can't grasp )
SImple is possibly the most apt word here to describe what processing is happened in your thoughts, but you are just making a fool of yourself.
Last edited by Hobbes' Choice on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2118
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:28 am

manden wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
manden wrote:Only on the true God !
All believers say that about all their Gods.

They are all liars in my view.

Regards
DL
They are all liars , but they believe they say the truth .
WHY ?
This mankind is so corrupt and ill , that they can't see the simple truth ( I think you too , of course ) .
Since many years since I could find the truth about the TRUE God , the real creator of the universe (more of himself is not recognizable) ,
I could not find 1 one man who can understand me . But I have to try it , of course .
I know that the TRUE God exists , I know what is recognizable from him , and I know what the mankind has to do here .
That is not dificult , that is simple , but this corrupt and ill mankind is blocked !
If you know, then you are delusional.

Jesus said to seek God but warned against belief that becomes idol worship. That is what you have.

Who is your idol and where are his morals found?

Regards
DL

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:59 am

The True God is the real God . And logic means : all has a cause . Where cant find a cause ( for the existence of the universe , for example ,

there must be an (unimaginable) higher logic .



Greatest I am : all believers of all religions who say : We have the true God, are wrong , because all religions are manmade and in the main -

what concerns the real God - false !

I do NOT believe , I k n o w , I have recognized at his creation that the real creator of the universe really exists ! That is incredibly difficult

to grasp for this ill mankind . Of course I want to give further (also here) , but till now no chance !

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:07 am

Greatest I am ,

I orientate my life to the true God , the real creator of the universe (MORE OF HIMSELF IS NOT RECOGNIZABLE) .

He has given us reason , logic , and moral .

With that we can do , what he wants from us : to learn to live in real harmony with his creation - men and nature .

BUT WITHOUT that we really recognize his existence THAT DOES NOT FUNCTION !

That is the whole secret !

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:24 pm

manden wrote:The True God is the real God . And logic means : all has a cause . Where cant find a cause ( for the existence of the universe , for example ,

there must be an (unimaginable) higher logic .
Greatest I am : all believers of all religions who say : We have the true God, are wrong , because all religions are manmade and in the main -

what concerns the real God - false !

I do NOT believe , I k n o w , I have recognized at his creation that the real creator of the universe really exists ! That is incredibly difficult

to grasp for this ill mankind . Of course I want to give further (also here) , but till now no chance !
This statement is not very helpful "The True God is the real God ".

Thanks for letting us know what the true god is but if we were to ask you what the real god is, would you say "The Real god is the True God."?

As you are clearly a master of logic and philosophy, you will know what a "question begging fallacy" is. And the question that remains begging is "What do you mean "God""?

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:54 pm

How often : The true God is the real creator of the universe (More of himself is not recognizable) .

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2118
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:08 pm

manden wrote:The True God is the real God . And logic means : all has a cause . Where cant find a cause ( for the existence of the universe , for example ,

there must be an (unimaginable) higher logic .



Greatest I am : all believers of all religions who say : We have the true God, are wrong , because all religions are manmade and in the main -

what concerns the real God - false !

I do NOT believe , I k n o w , I have recognized at his creation that the real creator of the universe really exists ! That is incredibly difficult

to grasp for this ill mankind . Of course I want to give further (also here) , but till now no chance !
What garbage.

Tell us then, why does your God make us ill?

Regards
DL

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:15 pm

That is all right , what I wrote .

The real creator did not interfere (recognizable) here at least in the last 5000 years and in this time also not .

The mankind must find the right way out of own free will !

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2118
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:33 pm

manden wrote:That is all right , what I wrote .

The real creator did not interfere (recognizable) here at least in the last 5000 years and in this time also not .

The mankind must find the right way out of own free will !
We will not chat much.

No wonder others here do not like your foolish style.

You give nothing worthy.

Regards
DL

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:43 pm

That is your problem . I orientate to the true God . You here have no idea - blind as the mankind .

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2118
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:48 pm

manden wrote:That is your problem . I orientate to the true God . You here have no idea - blind as the mankind .
Well I know enough to ignore your useless drivel.

Regards
DL

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:27 pm

What I can do for you (and the people) here : to wish you the blessing of the true God .

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2118
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:30 pm

manden wrote:What I can do for you (and the people) here : to wish you the blessing of the true God .
Shove it.

Regards
DL

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests