What should religion be based on?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:04 pm

What happens here is our responsibiliy , the creator does not interfere (recognizably) .

The post before : use your brain ! can take longer

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:14 pm

manden wrote:What happens here is our responsibiliy , the creator does not interfere (recognizably) .

The post before : use your brain ! can take longer
Answer the question!

manden wrote:
That anything exists , shows that the real creator of the universe exists ..

How do you work that out?

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:18 pm

You have to think yourself !

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:28 pm

manden wrote:You have to think yourself !
I'm way ahead of you. You are wrong.
Answer the question! Coward.

I can't answer that question because I can't tell how YOU WORKED THAT OUT.

Since we have already established that your mind is ill then I might be able to help you heal by showing you your working out.

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:42 pm

If you can't think , then perhaps a single , detailled and logical question . Perhaps I can bring you a little bit forward .

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:45 pm

manden wrote:If you can't think , then perhaps a single , detailled and logical question . Perhaps I can bring you a little bit forward .
Go ahead!

What makes you think that the fact that something exists means that "the one true God" exists?

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Okay , I will try it .

Men can create with their logic and power n o t h i n g , only make something out of already existing .

That shows , that it needs an unimaginable superior logic and power to create anything .

Perhaps you can grasp it ?

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:00 pm

manden wrote:Okay , I will try it .

Men can create with their logic and power n o t h i n g , only make something out of already existing .

That shows , that it needs an unimaginable superior logic and power to create anything .

Perhaps you can grasp it ?
The Universe was already existing. Where does God come into the equation?

If it takes an unimaginable superior logic to create ANYTHING, then what created God?

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:10 pm

You must think m u c h longer ! From an unimaginable superior logic we can grasp nothing (besides that it exists) .

In which way the universe was created , the science knows a little - that shows that you are wrong .

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:38 pm

manden wrote:You must think m u c h longer ! From an unimaginable superior logic we can grasp nothing (besides that it exists) .

In which way the universe was created , the science knows a little - that shows that you are wrong .
Stop prevaricating you coward.

Obvious Leo
Posts: 4007
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 am
Location: Australia

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Obvious Leo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Hobbes. I've already tried your question in a number of different ways but logic does not appear to be our man's long suit, despite the fact that he speaks knowingly of it.

Logic statements are always framed in the form of IF/THEN syllogisms. For example IF the universe is a created entity THEN there must exist some entity external to it responsible for creating it. More than this we cannot say because by placing such a causal agency external to the universe itself we immediately place it beyond scientific or philosophical scrutiny. However the far bigger question is the original IF premise. Since no evidence exists that the universe is a created entity then we must fall back on the simple principle in formal logic that no true logic statements can be derived from a counter-factual premise. In this simple scenario the logician must honour Occam economy and conclude that the universe has always existed. This is very straightforward stuff, which any undergraduate in Logic 101 would be expected to understand, so why the fuck manden is wasting our time with this crap is a testimony to his doggedness, although not to his mastery of the basic principles of logic.

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Don't you think , the TRUE God has a much better and higher logic than you ?

Obvious Leo
Posts: 4007
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 am
Location: Australia

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by Obvious Leo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:41 pm

manden wrote:Don't you think , the TRUE God has a much better and higher logic than you ?
I think you need to learn what logic is and stop using words you don't understand the meaning of.

manden
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by manden » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:49 pm

You must do that . You only know the corrupt human logic , I am able (thank to the TRUE God) to use perfect simple logic ( you mostly can't grasp )

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: What should religion be based on?

Post by marjoram_blues » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:54 pm

manden wrote:You must do that . You only know the corrupt human logic , I am able (thank to the TRUE God) to use perfect simple logic ( you mostly can't grasp )
Mods ?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests