The Ultimate Truth

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ReliStuPhD

Re: The Greatest Story Never Told, Part 1

Post by ReliStuPhD »

Blaggard wrote:popcorn, seat, watching. :D :evil:
lol. I hope I don't disappoint. I'm not especially patient with this sort of thing. Unless of course this is all a joke that I've taken seriously. In which case, you were right to get out the popcorn. :)
Last edited by ReliStuPhD on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
ReliStuPhD wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Well science itself is the intangible, what I meant by science was what you are taught in schools. The speed of light relativity theories are incorrect, me and several others have reasons as to why, but it's out of the scope of the text and just adds unneeded fluff. The reason I'm not revealing now is mostly laziness.
No need to reveal it here. Don't even waste the time. Go straight to the peer-reviewed journals. I'm looking forward to you shaking up the scientific community. It's gonna be the Copernican Revolution all over!

/sarcasm off
Hmm, I think you do not understand, currently. I believe you misunderstand. The speed of light theory is a sub-priority, not the main intent. That is why I did not feel it enough bother to go into depth about it. I wish to stir up the scientific community, but not in the manner you imagine. The scientific community must become error-free, that is, no more broken shuttles. For the scientific community must complete the Holy Experiments, and the third and most important experiment, without error. Also, the scientific community must grow some balls, and become more like GladOS. No more wimpiness, and complaining about sour apples. It must not be afraid to dive in to the metaphysical.
Currently, it explores the metaphysical, in the following proverb. The metaphysical is a body of water. Modern science sits around the pool, chit-chatting, making educated guesses about it, and every now and then places a thermometer into it to measure the temperature.
What needs to be done, is to dive into the pool of water, head first, drowning in it, until dead, then resustated with CPR.
This is one reason I do not have faith in balls less "men" of science, when a female GladOS could do it better.

Recommend upgrading the human DNA as first step, to increase performance, wisdom, creativity, excellence, vitality, and reliability.

I think I tried to explain this before. The whole idea of science in not be error free. Science is always incomplete and this is what makes it science. I also mentioned that the speed of light is important when it comes to special and general relativity. How special relativity leads into general relativity would required a detailed explanation. If you want such an explanation then I can give you one. So, no the speed of light is not a low priority, it is also important at the quantum level.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

ReliStuPhD wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Hmm, I think you do not understand, currently. I believe you misunderstand. The speed of light theory is a sub-priority, not the main intent.
No, I understand just fine. In fact, I'd wager I understand better than you do, but that still doesn't change the fact that your theories on the speed of light should not be a sub-theory. If, as you claim, you can show them to be wrong, you need to do so immediately. The entirety of humanity would owe you a tremendous debt, and it would be a glorious first step on the road to your larger goal.

PS It's GLaDOS. Getting the acronym right would be another first step.
Trivial, and trite. I prefer GladOS because it sounds like an OS, not MS DOS which is old news. I don't care for the folly of pendantism, and policing of petty typos. The only time and place for that is NASA, perhaps if they were more anal retentive, they wouldn't have so many exploding shuttles now would they? And that is what I mean by error free. In the process of discovery, mistakes are part of the process. But in making actual, critical machines, of high cost and deadly importance, no error can be afforded. If you stopped trying to find error in my words, you might learn something. Such as that both of us agree about many things.

Light knowledge may be essential to complete the third and final Holy experiment, but I doubt it is needed for the other two, even thought consciousness is light based, and the brain is electrical, I don't think relativity plays a huge part, but you never know. As such, it is not terribly pressing atm, as the species is not at the stage to complete the final experiment anyway. If anything, it would be a popularity stunt to spread my wisdom and get the ball rolling, nothing more. If I do do it, I expect some gratefulness, and not to be treated like I'm at some filthy gradeschool full of drunkards, like my experience at this forum. Their behavoir just perpetuates stupidity around them. Then authority figures step in to keep them in line, and now the authority figures just enforce more ignorance. Forgive me if I don't feel any motivation in my heart to help the planet of the apes. Part of me just wants to sit back, grab some lemonade, and watch it burn.
ReliStuPhD

Post by ReliStuPhD »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Trivial, and trite. I prefer GladOS because it sounds like an OS, not MS DOS which is old news. I don't care for the folly of pendantism, and policing of petty typos. The only time and place for that is NASA, perhaps if they were more anal retentive, they wouldn't have so many exploding shuttles now would they? And that is what I mean by error free. In the process of discovery, mistakes are part of the process. But in making actual, critical machines, of high cost and deadly importance, no error can be afforded. If you stopped trying to find error in my words, you might learn something. Such as that both of us agree about many things.

Light knowledge may be essential to complete the third and final Holy experiment, but I doubt it is needed for the other two, even thought consciousness is light based, and the brain is electrical, I don't think relativity plays a huge part, but you never know. As such, it is not terribly pressing atm, as the species is not at the stage to complete the final experiment anyway. If anything, it would be a popularity stunt to spread my wisdom and get the ball rolling, nothing more. If I do do it, I expect some gratefulness, and not to be treated like I'm at some filthy gradeschool full of drunkards, like my experience at this forum. Their behavoir just perpetuates stupidity around them. Then authority figures step in to keep them in line, and now the authority figures just enforce more ignorance. Forgive me if I don't feel any motivation in my heart to help the planet of the apes. Part of me just wants to sit back, grab some lemonade, and watch it burn.
Yep. That's what I thought. Well, have fun with your delusion.
GreatandWiseTrixie

ReliStuPhD wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Trivial, and trite. I prefer GladOS because it sounds like an OS, not MS DOS which is old news. I don't care for the folly of pendantism, and policing of petty typos. The only time and place for that is NASA, perhaps if they were more anal retentive, they wouldn't have so many exploding shuttles now would they? And that is what I mean by error free. In the process of discovery, mistakes are part of the process. But in making actual, critical machines, of high cost and deadly importance, no error can be afforded. If you stopped trying to find error in my words, you might learn something. Such as that both of us agree about many things.

Yep. That's what I thought. Well, have fun with your delusion.
What delusion? The one you wish to perpetuate with your hostile behavoir and lack of clarity? You say I have delusion, yet you hide your words with mystery, like a cheeky, secretive child. Please share with us, your great wisdom, if there is any to be found, before my anger explodes.
ReliStuPhD

Post by ReliStuPhD »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:What delusion? The one you wish to perpetuate with your hostile behavoir and lack of clarity? You say I have delusion, yet you hide your words with mystery, like a cheeky, secretive child. Please share with us, your great wisdom, if there is any to be found, before my anger explodes.
Yes, I do tend to take a hostile approach to drivel (I've upset more than a few undergrads this way). It's certainly a character flaw. That, or I'm just older now. Nevertheless, it's saved me a lot of wasted time with this sort of messianic "I can show Einstein was wrong, but that's really not as important as my vague, delusional quest to change the human race!." My wife worked in a Psych ward a few years ago, and I heard many of the same things you've espoused here when I visited. I was routinely impressed that so many of the patients there were certain they could show Einstein to be wrong. I'm not saying you're crazy (they weren't there because of their views on General Relativity, of course), but if your theories tend to be common fare in a psych ward, it might be worth questioning how coherent they actually are. As for me, I just learned early on that it's just better not to even go down the rabbit hole. Therein lies the "great wisdom" you asked me to share: don't spend too much time with nonsense. And what you've written here is nonsense. Sorry if that's not enough gratitude for you. Have fun with your Portal OS (though, to your credit, you picked a great game to base your theories on. I enjoyed the hell out of both of them).

As for your anger "exploding," have at it. Let me grab some popcorn first.
GreatandWiseTrixie

ReliStuPhD wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:What delusion? The one you wish to perpetuate with your hostile behavoir and lack of clarity? You say I have delusion, yet you hide your words with mystery, like a cheeky, secretive child. Please share with us, your great wisdom, if there is any to be found, before my anger explodes.
Yes, I do tend to take a hostile approach to drivel (I've upset more than a few undergrads this way). It's certainly a character flaw. That, or I'm just older now. Nevertheless, it's saved me a lot of wasted time with this sort of messianic "I can show Einstein was wrong, but that's really not as important as my vague, delusional quest to change the human race!." My wife worked in a Psych ward a few years ago, and I heard many of the same things you've espoused here when I visited. I was routinely impressed that so many of the patients there were certain they could show Einstein to be wrong. I'm not saying you're crazy (they weren't there because of their views on General Relativity, of course), but if your theories tend to be common fare in a psych ward, it might be worth questioning how coherent they actually are. As for me, I just learned early on that it's just better not to even go down the rabbit hole. Therein lies the "great wisdom" you asked me to share: don't spend too much time with nonsense. And what you've written here is nonsense. Sorry if that's not enough gratitude for you. Have fun with your Portal OS (though, to your credit, you picked a great game to base your theories on. I enjoyed the hell out of both of them).

Oh, that explains it. Your wife is one of those "psych-tards" who believes in the sanctity of the mental health industry, an industry which outsources clowns in suits from third world countries, and makes jokebooks called "the DSM-V".

There's nothing nonsensical about wanting to save the human race, nor is it nonsensical to build an AI. What's nonsensical is believing the human race would put any effort in actually wanting to save themselves, which is clearly demonstrated by your attitude. Thus, how can you blame me for not wanting to help your planet of apes, and how can you blame me for wanting to sit back, drink lemonade and watch as you blow yourselves to pieces?

As for changing the human race, I know how very well how fuck-tarded they are. Thus, the best idea is to not make them so "human" in the first place, and that starts with DNA modification. I'm not a DNA scientist, I'm going to need others to pitch in, but the problem is that I'm counting on the apes to correct their own DNA. That's the lunacy, actually counting on the apes to do anything right for a change.

Also, I don't really know what your obsession with Einstein's theories are, you seem obsessed. You took a passing comment, out of context, and with little to do with the core message of the original document, and made it your main focus. To you, my theories regarding the luminal are more important than the human race, or Life itself, you say saving the apes is a nonsensical endeavor. Perhaps you could perhaps benefit from a little psychiatric roleplay with your wife locking you up in the basement for a while.
ReliStuPhD

Post by ReliStuPhD »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Oh, that explains it. Your wife is one of those "psych-tards" who believes in the sanctity of the mental health industry, an industry which outsources clowns in suits from third world countries, and makes jokebooks called "the DSM-V".

There's nothing nonsensical about wanting to save the human race, nor is it nonsensical to build an AI. What's nonsensical is believing the human race would put any effort in actually wanting to save themselves, which is clearly demonstrated by your attitude. Thus, how can you blame me for not wanting to help your planet of apes, and how can you blame me for wanting to sit back, drink lemonade and watch as you blow yourselves to pieces?

As for changing the human race, I know how very well how fuck-tarded they are. Thus, the best idea is to not make them so "human" in the first place, and that starts with DNA modification. I'm not a DNA scientist, I'm going to need others to pitch in, but the problem is that I'm counting on the apes to correct their own DNA. That's the lunacy, actually counting on the apes to do anything right for a change.

Also, I don't really know what your obsession with Einstein's theories are, you seem obsessed. You took a passing comment, out of context, and with little to do with the core message of the original document, and made it your main focus. To you, my theories regarding the luminal are more important than the human race, or Life itself, you say saving the apes is a nonsensical endeavor. Perhaps you could perhaps benefit from a little psychiatric roleplay with your wife locking you up in the basement for a while.
Bah. I got the popcorn out for nothing.
GreatandWiseTrixie

ReliStuPhD wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Oh, that explains it. Your wife is one of those "psych-tards" who believes in the sanctity of the mental health industry, an industry which outsources clowns in suits from third world countries, and makes jokebooks called "the DSM-V".

Bah. I got the popcorn out for nothing.
You're probably better off, it's a prime source for cancer.
ReliStuPhD

Post by ReliStuPhD »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:You're probably better off, it's a prime source for cancer.
I've heard of this. Looking forward to actual study on it. Lord have mercy on Orville Redenbacher's soul if it's true.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ReliStuPhD wrote: Bah. I got the popcorn out for nothing.
It seems to have taken you awhile to work that out. Just curious how long have you been on forums and how many (aprox.) have you registered on. I've been participating since 2006 and I'm not sure I could count all the ones I'm registered on, let alone the ones I've looked at and not registered.
ReliStuPhD

Post by ReliStuPhD »

thedoc wrote:
ReliStuPhD wrote:It seems to have taken you awhile to work that out. Just curious how long have you been on forums and how many (aprox.) have you registered on. I've been participating since 2006 and I'm not sure I could count all the ones I'm registered on, let alone the ones I've looked at and not registered.
No, I knew these weren't serious theories the moment I read them.

As for Philosophy forums, this would be the first. I happened upon it quite by accident (the "Inconvertibility of Islam" piece). I haven't registered on others, and I'm not sure I will. This one is too much of a time sink as it is. :)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ReliStuPhD wrote:
thedoc wrote:
ReliStuPhD wrote:It seems to have taken you awhile to work that out. Just curious how long have you been on forums and how many (aprox.) have you registered on. I've been participating since 2006 and I'm not sure I could count all the ones I'm registered on, let alone the ones I've looked at and not registered.
No, I knew these weren't serious theories the moment I read them.

As for Philosophy forums, this would be the first. I happened upon it quite by accident (the "Inconvertibility of Islam" piece). I haven't registered on others, and I'm not sure I will. This one is too much of a time sink as it is. :)
This is where I've had an advantage for about 8 years. I've been taking care of 2 of my grandchildren since they were born one 9 years ago and the other 5. My computer is in the corner of the living room and they would play in the living room, so I could sit here and watch them while being on the computer. The result is that I've had plenty of practice recognizing different types of members on a forum. I'm pretty sure that many are not as old as they claim, adolescents pretending to be adults. Having been in college, getting a BS in Ed. I can understand how much time getting a PhD must take. Good Luck, and study hard.
Systematic

Post by Systematic »

ReliStuPhD wrote:

You're going off on a tangent with this Einstein thing. If her theories are nonsense and drivel, why don't you prove or demonstrate how. Or maybe even give an alternative explanation where you don't just imply that we should not listen to her since she is crazy.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

It's a fun read I'll give you that GWT.

"I must prostrate myself before my Female master, with her boobs.",

How can this be? That is how can there be a 'Female master' given what you've said about the female up to the above?

Have to admit tho' that your description must be a specially cultural one as I've not met any mothers, sisters or females brought-up in the way you describe but then I do live in a, currently, 'godless' culture.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.