Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christia

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by uwot »

Immanuel Can wrote:If a real Christian ever "makes a noise" it will only ever be in aid of something important for other people --
No true Scotsman. It's a fallacy, dontcha know?
Immanuel Can wrote:It will never be to preen in front of a camera.
How about an internet forum?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

It's only a fallacy when the "true" nature of Scottishness simply cannot be specified by any rational means. If it can, then we can indeed have a "true" or "false" Scotsman, and it's no fallacy.

"Christian" is very specifiable, in a way that son-of-Scotland is not.
Ha. To preen on an open, unmoderated internet forum is surely one of the lowest achievements a person can have. It's pretty much just one step ahead of winning a video game.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote:
Greatest I am wrote: Should secular governments pick up the pace and shed ourselves of the misogynous Qur’an and Bible. Have those cursed books created enough grief for women and gays? Have we allowed the downgrading of women long enough?

Man is God. God needs and wants a Goddess. Secular men are free and equal. Should our women not also be free and equal?
Regards
DL
I have 2 daughters and I have fought for them to be equal and free in society. I'll take my lumps to that end, and I rail at any scripture that tries to put women into a lesser position to men.
Good. Any man today who does not side with feminists is not much of a man.

This O.P. is not terribly successful because it is forcing men to see how misogynous we men have all been for so long.

Regards
DL
uwot

Post by uwot »

Immanuel Can wrote:
It's only a fallacy when the "true" nature of Scottishness simply cannot be specified by any rational means. If it can, then we can indeed have a "true" or "false" Scotsman, and it's no fallacy.

"Christian" is very specifiable, in a way that son-of-Scotland is not.
Don't be silly.
Immanuel Can wrote:
Ha. To preen on an open, unmoderated internet forum is surely one of the lowest achievements a person can have. It's pretty much just one step ahead of winning a video game.
Then don't you think you should aim higher?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Then don't you think you should aim higher?
You mean, don't you think anyone should aim higher than the gratuitously ad hominem? :wink:

Absolutely.