Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christia

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christia

Post by Greatest I am » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:44 am

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 71981.html

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam, are evil?

Regards
DL

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Blaggard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:29 am

Papal Bull if he is, if you'll pardon the pun. ;)

There has been a lot of work done by PJPII to bring all religions not just the Romans or the Greeks or even the Christians back to Catholicism WOW. If they criticise any religion it should start with their own. A God send. Rome wasn't built in a day. Humility is a virtue, whilst you should condemn terrorism, you should realise at least Mohammed was against it. If not the lunatics on the fringe. :)

Terrorism only started when one side had no means to fight against another, if one side hadn't been off colonising the rest of the world, and then the ME when it had oil, none of this would of happened. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, a hypocrite I think to sum it up shouldn't in glass houses throw WMD.

Anyone can learn even the Pope. ;)

"judge not lest ye be judged"

Some Bible thing.

User avatar
ReliStuPhD
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by ReliStuPhD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:40 am

Greatest I am wrote:Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam, are evil?
It wouldn't hold that all religions are evil if some of them acknowledged their fault. That is to say, if I was once a thief and a murderer, then found my way to some sort of repentance for such actions, I would then be well within my rights to condemn current ties and murderers. In fact, I might be in better position to do so than someone who had never been a thief or murderer.

(And this isn't me defending Christianity against the charge of being a "theif and murderer." Just pointing out that it doesn't necessarily hold that one cannot criticize another for committing a crime of which one is guilty.)

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Blaggard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mpxMZWuulk

You should watch the Vineyard Owner, it sums up why in a way religion should always be criticised, it doesn't lend well to it, but a thief and a murderer who is truly repentant on his death bed is really not a Christian. Ah but it is fair friend, like your mum is?

There are many mansions in his house, but hell is one of them if that works.

And not to mention that the Jebus, was a bit of a dick. lol

User avatar
ReliStuPhD
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by ReliStuPhD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:22 am

Blaggard wrote:...but a thief and a murderer who is truly repentant on his death bed is really not a Christian.
Untrue (and you've misapplied the parable), but that wasn't the point I was making. The point is that one who is repentant can, in fact, criticize someone doing the same thing that he/she once did. Insofar as the RCC has acknowledged much of its troubled past (JP2, for example), Francis is in a position to point to the problems with certain understandings of Islam. It might even carry more weight given that the RCC has first-hand experience with the dangers of allowing these sort of extreme interpretations to run the show, so to speak.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Blaggard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:25 am

We shall choose then to disagree, I think the point is any religion I know and I've followed a few: don't eat yellow snow. By which I mean don't chose a religion you don't intend to follow and never have, like you are a car in a garage, who thinks being there makes you any more an adherent, than being in a Church on Friday or Saturday or Sunday- makes you- bloody anything but an automobile.

Get that mote out of anyone's eye before you choose to criticise an eye for an eye. If you catch my drift. :P

Really not much of a capitalist but you have to work for anything good, even if it is ethics. Jebus fucked up can you?

User avatar
ReliStuPhD
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by ReliStuPhD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:30 am

I'm not sure how this qualifies as an objection (before your edit), however. Assuming I've understood the original post correctly, the point was that it was somehow a wrong move on the part of Francis to criticize Muslim extremists for things that resemble past actions of the RCC. Maybe I've missed your point, but it seems as though your objection is to an argument that's not been presented here. Of course, I've been known to miss fairly obvious points, so the deficiency might well lie with me. I'm happy to try and hash this out.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Blaggard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:31 am

No I think you got the point, but unfortunately the point was blunt. If you'll pardon the pun. :)

I am very insane, to get any point I ever made, you have to be mad too. Not in the angry sense, but just mad enough to talk shit. :P

User avatar
ReliStuPhD
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by ReliStuPhD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:40 am

Fair enough. :)

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Greatest I am » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Blaggard wrote:Papal Bull if he is, if you'll pardon the pun. ;)

There has been a lot of work done by PJPII to bring all religions not just the Romans or the Greeks or even the Christians back to Catholicism WOW. If they criticise any religion it should start with their own. A God send. Rome wasn't built in a day. Humility is a virtue, whilst you should condemn terrorism, you should realise at least Mohammed was against it. If not the lunatics on the fringe. :)

Terrorism only started when one side had no means to fight against another, if one side hadn't been off colonising the rest of the world, and then the ME when it had oil, none of this would of happened. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, a hypocrite I think to sum it up shouldn't in glass houses throw WMD.

Anyone can learn even the Pope. ;)

"judge not lest ye be judged"

Some Bible thing.
Thanks for this.

If it was not for judging, religions would be out of business.

Judging is their function. They just do not do it well.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Greatest I am » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:46 pm

ReliStuPhD wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam, are evil?
It wouldn't hold that all religions are evil if some of them acknowledged their fault. That is to say, if I was once a thief and a murderer, then found my way to some sort of repentance for such actions, I would then be well within my rights to condemn current ties and murderers. In fact, I might be in better position to do so than someone who had never been a thief or murderer.

(And this isn't me defending Christianity against the charge of being a "theif and murderer." Just pointing out that it doesn't necessarily hold that one cannot criticize another for committing a crime of which one is guilty.)
True but if they recognized all their guilt for all their ongoing crimes and constant lying to us, they would stop. They continue and show that they have no social conscience and are evil.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Greatest I am » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Blaggard wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mpxMZWuulk

You should watch the Vineyard Owner, it sums up why in a way religion should always be criticised, it doesn't lend well to it, but a thief and a murderer who is truly repentant on his death bed is really not a Christian. Ah but it is fair friend, like your mum is?

There are many mansions in his house, but hell is one of them if that works.

And not to mention that the Jebus, was a bit of a dick. lol
Some of the version of Jesus are not worthy for sure. As a Gnostic Christian, I do not mind the more Eastern Jesus shown in this second link. I agree with you on the Western/Roman created Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Greatest I am » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:03 pm

ReliStuPhD wrote:I'm not sure how this qualifies as an objection (before your edit), however. Assuming I've understood the original post correctly, the point was that it was somehow a wrong move on the part of Francis to criticize Muslim extremists for things that resemble past actions of the RCC. Maybe I've missed your point, but it seems as though your objection is to an argument that's not been presented here. Of course, I've been known to miss fairly obvious points, so the deficiency might well lie with me. I'm happy to try and hash this out.
I just see it as the height of hypocrisy for a religious leader whose goal is to control the thinking of people to criticise another religion that is doing the same thing. Especially when they used the same murderous methods.

The pope should clean his own house before trying to tell others how to clean theirs.

Equality for women might be a good place to start.

This clip might be showing the pope's true thoughts on freedom of speech and thought.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/j ... expression

Regards
DL

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Blaggard » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:18 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Blaggard wrote:Papal Bull if he is, if you'll pardon the pun. ;)

There has been a lot of work done by PJPII to bring all religions not just the Romans or the Greeks or even the Christians back to Catholicism WOW. If they criticise any religion it should start with their own. A God send. Rome wasn't built in a day. Humility is a virtue, whilst you should condemn terrorism, you should realise at least Mohammed was against it. If not the lunatics on the fringe. :)

Terrorism only started when one side had no means to fight against another, if one side hadn't been off colonising the rest of the world, and then the ME when it had oil, none of this would of happened. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, a hypocrite I think to sum it up shouldn't in glass houses throw WMD.

Anyone can learn even the Pope. ;)

"judge not lest ye be judged"

Some Bible thing.
Thanks for this.

If it was not for judging, religions would be out of business.

Judging is their function. They just do not do it well.

Regards
DL
QFT!

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Chri

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Gibberish. Not words.

Regards
DL

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests