questioning GOD's design decisions

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: questioning GOD's design decisions

Post by bobevenson »

It's not God's decisions you should be questioning, it's our religious, cultural and social institutions you should be questioning, which prevent God's will from reaching our minds: "For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled." -Revelation 17:17
Kuznetzova

Post by Kuznetzova »

Yeah. Come into a thread like this and start bible-babbling at us. Nice hands, feet.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Kuznetzova wrote:Yeah. Come into a thread like this and start bible-babbling at us.
You call this a thread? It's a piece of shit!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Only made worse by your obsession.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote:Only made worse by your obsession.

It would probably be easier to count up those who are not obsessed.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

thedoc wrote:
Blaggard wrote: By the way this is not true that we are nearly identical with some great apes, 4%, yeah they say 99. whatever these days but they kinda revised that down recently so it might be as much as 98% and as little as 96% and that genetic difference is ferking huge, one must remember we share 50% of our genetic code with tomatoes, not one no matter how stupid would claim we were half tomato. The Devil is in the details. :)

It should be noted that the 98% or whatever we share with other creatures is because there are a lot of structures and functions that we share, and that small percentage accounts for all the differences between us and everything else. All mammals breath, have hair, and a lot of other common features, why shouldn't the DNA for those attributes and functions be the same?
Quite. QFT. That's the point isn't it we share 50% of our genetic material with a tomato, which means there are things in tomatoes all organisms need, respiration, sexual differentiation, the ability to synthesise beneficial amino acids, and so on the list is endless. That other 50% though is clearly what makes us not a vegetable, well some of us anyway. ;)
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:Only made worse by your obsession.
It's hardly an obsession when my post takes square aim at the title of his thread. Unlike others, I try to stay on topic.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: It's hardly an obsession when my post takes square aim at the title of his thread. Unlike others, I try to stay on topic.

Bob, can you explain how your post(s) relate to the argument from design?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Ginkgo wrote:
bobevenson wrote: It's hardly an obsession when my post takes square aim at the title of his thread. Unlike others, I try to stay on topic.

I wasn't talking about design, I was talking about decisions, the subject of the thread.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote:
Ginkgo wrote:

I wasn't talking about design, I was talking about decisions, the subject of the thread.
So, are we talking title or content?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Are you suggesting the title has nothing to do with the content???
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote:Are you suggesting the title has nothing to do with the content???

No I wasn't saying that. You said in your post that you take square aim at the title of the thread. The title of the thread addressed an argument from design. You addressed the title you address God's design.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Ginkgo wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Are you suggesting the title has nothing to do with the content???

No I wasn't saying that. You said in your post that you take square aim at the title of the thread. The title of the thread addressed an argument from design. You addressed the title you address God's design.
I'm addressing the broader subject of decisions, the atoms, not the subatomic particles.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote:It's not God's decisions you should be questioning, it's our religious, cultural and social institutions you should be questioning, which prevent God's will from reaching our minds: "For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled." -Revelation 17:17

I see. You are focusing specifically on decisions in relation to men and God.

That being the case then I would say "decisions" in relation to the Revelation quote means that free will is not compatible with omniscience.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: I'm addressing the broader subject of decisions, the atoms, not the subatomic particles.

I am assuming this is a figure of speech on your part and not a reference to atomic sentences.

Yes, there are such things as atomic sentences.