Challenge me, theists!~

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

WanderingLands

Re: Challenge me, theists!~

Post by WanderingLands »

Blaggard wrote: Wandering lands a circle is hardly an impressive symbol, after all FSM has solved pi to infinite places, and hence IS the circle that squares the circle. Think on...*
WHA'?!?!?!?!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

WanderingLands wrote:... So that would mean that yes, this world is one great big giant Monad. ...
But just not Leibniz's one.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Arising_uk wrote:But just not Leibniz's one.
Alright, fair enough then.
Kuznetzova

Post by Kuznetzova »

John K wrote:I was going to write something sarcastic, but this thread trolls itself.
I am freethinker. I am an individual. Therefore, I do not believe in silly, archaic doctrines or follow established religion like the mindless sheep you all are.

I am intellectually superior.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Kuznetzova wrote:I am freethinker. I am an individual. Therefore, I do not believe in silly, archaic doctrines or follow established religion like the mindless sheep you all are.
For all that some people express beliefs that are highly questionable, they rarely do so mindlessly.
Kuznetzova wrote:I am intellectually superior.
To your own straw men. That is nothing to boast about.
Your grasp on reality has always been flimsy. I think you have finally lost it.
henry quirk

to the jackass hungry for applause

Post by henry quirk »

"I am intellectually superior."

Nope...you just have (without a lick of justification) a BIG ego (which makes you garden-variety).

You don't believe in Santa...big friggin' deal.

I don't either and I'm dumb as a brick.

'nuff said.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Kuznetzova wrote:
John K wrote:I was going to write something sarcastic, but this thread trolls itself.
I am freethinker. I am an individual. Therefore, I do not believe in silly, archaic doctrines or follow established religion like the mindless sheep you all are.

So John K was going to post something sarcastic but declined. 'K' went ahead and posted Irony, which is a form of sarcasm.

iro·ny noun \ˈī-rə-nē also ˈī(-ə)r-nē\
: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really think especially in order to be funny :lol:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Thing is: K ain't bein' ironic...HA!
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

henry quirk wrote:Thing is: K ain't bein' ironic...HA!

Granted 'K' doesn't "think" he's being Ironic, but some irony is unintentional.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Kuznetzova wrote:

Yeah one thing you kind of get used to on this forum, is that apparently everyone on it is intellectually superior to everyone else. Which is fine, I mean people do tend to over rate themselves. And that's fairly normal.

Logically speaking though not everyone on this forum can be intellectually superior, there must be some people who are x and some who are x+a. I find it's much easier to work out who they are by their posts and not their boasts though. And yeah there are some pretty clever people here, the thing is I tend to find those who are the most apt to boast, are usually over compensating, I don't think anyone who is clever needs to say I am mighty look upon my supremity and know despair, you just sound like you are 12, and you could be smart, but I somehow think you've found a lot of people are smarter than you, as you will in life and you couldn't take it. Just as you did the first time you went to a top grade university and found you were just one of many, some people say well ok then I am now amongst peers and I have a lot to learn hence. I think that is self evident, so every time I see someone boast about how stupid other people are and how great they are, it usually earns a -1 on the intelligence scale for me. Not that I am saying anyone is a moron I don't think you'd be here if you were, but some people are sinking fast in my opinion into the dummard rank on the intelligence scale because of how they chose to go about over compensating for their inadequacies. Some people need to realise that boasting is the sort of thing a 12 year old does, because a 12 year old has not fully actualised his ego yet. Sadly some of those people are in their mid 20s and older.

I assume you were being ironic but the sheer number of mouth breathers who actually believe they are incredible would tend to make it hard to pick up who is serious, and who is a narcissistic nobody overcompensating for all it is worth, which I can tell you is nothing. Let your prose speak for you I think not your ego.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

what is it about atheism that vocally atheist men look like total dweebs?
Kuznetzova

Post by Kuznetzova »

Kayla wrote:what is it about atheism that vocally atheist men look like total dweebs?
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Kayla wrote:what is it about atheism that vocally atheist men look like total dweebs?
Hmm it's kinda like the most vocal theists are often the most stupid sounding hence the most vocal and militant atheists sound dumb likewise. I think people I know who are atheists and have known who are athiests for the most part could not give one flying holy cow about religion, in any form ever, nor what they think, nor ever will. The problem is of course these people don't post on forums, their opinions are although the majority a silent cloud in the ether, even though they make up the vast majority of atheists or likewise theists. Of course those religionists who are quite prepared to be Christian, Muslim or Buddhist or Taoist or whatever don't post on forums either, after all they got the message of tolerance and peace without having it explained in remtard code for a numb nut.

Now this tends to mean you get the most vocal idiots making argument pro or con. Now me personally I, if not like religion, it's ok by me and you believe what you want. But as an atheist on forums I am perhaps not representative of a vocal crowd, any more than the ardent religious person is less representative on a medium where people can indulge their ardour, like the usual bombastic ape in a zoo.

I think we just have to accept that those who are most ardently pro or con religion are annoying, and possibly the biggest idiots on the Earth and move on, after all lack of tolerance tends to be what creates the most difficulties amongst our fellow simians, but who are we to preach, belief or not that you stfu at some point, you're boring now and there's more important things to care about; but damn isn't funny watching those tards squabble, even a little... yeah... perhaps not. I think it gets old fast watching apes frot. :P
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Kuznetzova wrote:

So the Free thinker, individual is riding public transit, like he is incapable of transporting himself. Just riding public transportation to the same place as everyone else, with all the other sheep.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Yeah we know. Don't post serious shit in the lounge I suppose is the lesson. hehe. :P