Condemned

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

aloysius

Condemned

Post by aloysius »

Condemned, I entered the gate of Hell. The sins for which I was condemned matter not. All are guilty of their own sins.

The abode of Hell is not like the priests and nuns of my youth taught. Stuck in the denotation of tradition and dogma, they taught eternal punishment, brimstone, and torture. The reality is far worse.

Hell is deprivation. Deprived of sensory perception because I have no body, I have only the perception of the misery of my fellow sufferers, which we all share.

I rail against my eternal punishment. How can my sins, committed in time, in a temporal world, having no eternal effect, merit eternal punishment? It only adds to my misery and to those souls around me.

The occupants of Hell form a vicious and hateful community, each one needing the others, while at the same time resenting and loathing them.

Then. A bold soul, believing his punishment to be unjust, sought to escape Hell. Pounding on the Gate of Hell, the gate mysteriously opened. He could have been a Hero, but taking a half-step toward freedom, he halted. No one else came forward to the open gate. Perhaps, we all had a reason to remain.

It came to me then that we in Hell had not been condemned. Rather we had condemned ourselves.

As the residents of Plato’s Cave chose to remain in the darkness instead of ascending to the light, so we chose to remain in Hell.
HexHammer

Re: Condemned

Post by HexHammer »

This is a philosophy forum, not a mental asylum.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

HexHammer wrote:This is a philosophy forum, not a mental asylum.
Could of fooled me Hex you're here... :P
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

aloysius wrote: Condemned, I entered the gate of Hell. The sins for which I was condemned matter not. All are guilty of their own sins. . . . . . . .
Aloysius, If that was your own writing, you should post more. It does sound vaguely familiar.