halos

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jackles

halos

Post by jackles »

Are halos correct representations of consciousness.as in the halos that are pictured above saints in christianity.i think so they represent consciousness as being outside the brain and whats out side is also inside.is this how quatum physics works.reckon so.the unmoving mover is awareness .love is awareness not emotion.halos represent love without emotion.love in the observer is god the nonlocal mover of localised worlds.
aloysius

Re: halos

Post by aloysius »

In pagan, pre-Christian times, I believe the halo was a representation of the connection to the period’s or locality’s sun god. It was used to show the sacredness of the individual behind whose head it was placed.
jackles

Post by jackles »

The halo represents a state of consciousness beond space and time.which can only be described in terms of nonlocal sizeless and unmoving.there would be as it where no closing speed between halos .all halos are in effect one halo across time.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Halos are just a bunch of rubbish. I suppose the depiction of a halo can mean whatever a person wants since it isn't real, is it?
Skip

Post by Skip »

Old Christians didn't think in terms of time, space, consciousness or quantum anything. The art was meant for simple, illiterate congregations to understand.

They had the heavenly host, blessed people, regular people, wicked people, the damned in hell and demons. Everybody who was holy - hallowed, or halo'd - is shown with the circles of light around their heads: little skinny ones for the saints, wide and spiky for angels, huge like straw hats for the holy family. Mortals are shown either with light shining on them or with faces in shadow, depending on their relative goodness. The damned are dark or ruddy, often grimacing or deformed. The minions of Satan have horns and hooves, maybe tails and pitchforks.
jackles

Post by jackles »

Exactly my point those people in congregations seeing them halos .knew what them halos ment .a picture tells a thouthand words..but these days them halos mean nonlocality in quantum physics.
Last edited by jackles on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Not to most Christians, I bet! And to non-xtians, it means nothing at all.