The atheists dilemma

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

rantal

The atheists dilemma

Post by rantal »

There is a rather cheesy claim made sometimes by atheists, I believe it was also made by a popular celebrity atheist, who, like a tale told by a fool, is full of sound and fury but signifies little. It takes the form that the burden of proof lies with the believer or put it another way, that the atheist holds the most logical position

The claim that the burden of proof is on those that say God exists is exactly that; just a claim. We must ask is it a valid one? Well, there are many things we accept as true without being able to prove them (Where proof means proof that is accesible to the 3rd person)

An example of such is consciousness; you cannot prove to me you are conscious and I cannot prove to you that I am, each personn however accepts that they are conscious because of their personal experience of it. Similarly, I can not prove to you that I know God exist or that I experience him but my experience of him is of the same kind as my experience of being conscious and similarly unmistakable.

So the atheist is faced with a logical dilemma; either they must accept that their belief that they are conscious is no more valid that the believers faith in God,

OR

They must admit that they are logically inconsistent

all the best, rantal
Bill Wiltrack

Re: The atheists dilemma

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...........................................................................Image

rantal

Post by rantal »

:lol:

all the best, rantal
windy36

Post by windy36 »

Both atheists and people who believe in God cannot prove their positions completely either way. There is problems with both arguments.
rantal

Post by rantal »

windy36 wrote:Both atheists and people who believe in God cannot prove their positions completely either way. There is problems with both arguments.
That is indeed true and what I show here is the atheist, as well as being unable to prove their position is also logically inconsistent if they maintain a belief that others have conscious experience

all the best, rantal
windy36

Post by windy36 »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

...........................................................................Image

This cartoon is funny! : )
jinx

Post by jinx »

Agreed funny pics Bill.