~~~ MEET JESUS ~~~

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Piltdownbrain

Re: ~~~ MEET JESUS ~~~

Post by Piltdownbrain »

Hi Bill. Have you read any Dawkins ? Just saying, bye :D
Piltdownbrain

Post by Piltdownbrain »

duszek wrote:Bureau of Ape Affairs ?

Diaries of a man were printed in the Harper´s Maganzine. A man went ape because he could not get a woman he felt entitled to and so he shot some women in a gym in L.A.

This man was under a sad illusion about the bliss of a relationship. He should have been given a book by Kirkegaard. A philosopher who kept running away from a relationship and explained in detail why.

What would be a politically correct term for a Bureau taking care of people suffering from illusions ?
I don't think Kirkegaard ran away from anything, in fact, he was the original existentialist, and giving a man a book by Kirkegaard would be pointless, for someone who resorted to homicide,,,no, a waste of time. The shooter can only be shot in return, Kirkegaard would have certainly wavered and complained about the condition, but his belief was existential, but his views were buried .
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Piltdownbrain wrote:

Diaries of a man were printed in the Harper´s Maganzine. A man went ape because he could not get a woman he felt entitled to and so he shot some women in a gym in L.A.

This man was under a sad illusion about the bliss of a relationship. He should have been given a book by Kirkegaard. A philosopher who kept running away from a relationship and explained in detail why.

What would be a politically correct term for a Bureau taking care of people suffering from illusions ?
I don't think Kirkegaard ran away from anything, in fact, he was the original existentialist, and giving a man a book by Kirkegaard would be pointless, for someone who resorted to homicide,,,no, a waste of time. The shooter can only be shot in return, Kirkegaard would have certainly wavered and complained about the condition, but his belief was existential, but his views were buried .
K was running away from himself his whole life. Reason told him that religion was wrong, even evil, but he could not abandon his faith in a some sort of god from fear of himself. So he invented a version of religion so that he could pretend to reconcile his fears with his reason.
He was reasonably convincing to many, but deep down one feels he did not manages to fool himself completely.
Piltdownbrain

Post by Piltdownbrain »

chaz wyman wrote:
Piltdownbrain wrote:

K was running away from himself his whole life. Reason told him that religion was wrong, even evil, but he could not abandon his faith in a some sort of god from fear of himself. So he invented a version of religion so that he could pretend to reconcile his fears with his reason.
He was reasonably convincing to many, but deep down one feels he did not manages to fool himself completely.
Just to define 'running away', a broad term, I run away from the duty of brushing my teeth twice a day. Or is 'running away' more severe, as in dodging bullets from an invading army. Now THAT IS running away!
For duszek, the Bureau would be called Parliament :wink: Why should the actions of the state be exempt from the same critical analysis one uses on the individual? After all, in a democracy, one can say that the state projects the values and desires of its own people. The state goes to war because it cannot obtain a commodity which its members feel is neccessary for its profit and convenience. The individual and the state can never be seperated in a democracy.
I know how Kirkegaard felt, I myself have been running away from society's absurd spectacle, the one of colonialists giving sparkling beads to conquered natives, running away from the society that goes to war over a commodity. It is good to run away sometimes from something that is ugly and absurd, out of touch with the natural tranquilities, no? :wink:
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Piltdownbrain wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Piltdownbrain wrote:
Just to define 'running away', a broad term, I run away from the duty of brushing my teeth twice a day. Or is 'running away' more severe, as in dodging bullets from an invading army. Now THAT IS running away!
For duszek, the Bureau would be called Parliament :wink: Why should the actions of the state be exempt from the same critical analysis one uses on the individual? After all, in a democracy, one can say that the state projects the values and desires of its own people. The state goes to war because it cannot obtain a commodity which its members feel is neccessary for its profit and convenience. The individual and the state can never be seperated in a democracy.
I know how Kirkegaard felt, I myself have been running away from society's absurd spectacle, the one of colonialists giving sparkling beads to conquered natives, running away from the society that goes to war over a commodity. It is good to run away sometimes from something that is ugly and absurd, out of touch with the natural tranquilities, no? :wink:
Running away from bullets is sanity, especially the ones targeted for you (to stop), from people who really want to kill the bastards who sent you to the front line to wage their own wars for their benefit masquerading as the benefit of the state.
As far as K goes, his was an existential angst he had with his own struggle with reality.
As for dusek - it's anyones guess what he is on about sometimes.
Last edited by chaz wyman on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piltdownbrain

Post by Piltdownbrain »

Piltdownbrain wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Piltdownbrain wrote:
Running away from bullets is sanity, especially the ones targeted for you to stop from people who really want to kill the bastards who sent you to the front line to wage their own wars for their benefit masquerading as the benefit of the state.
As far as K goes, his was an existential angst he had with his own struggle with reality.
As for dusek - it's anyones guess what he is on about sometimes.[/quote]

We're treading on similar ground here Chaz, that's cool :wink:
duszek

Post by duszek »

Sören K. broke off his engagement and made a lady and her father very sad. She was ready to take him back but he preferred to live like a monk.

The miserable wretch from L.A. had nobody to tell him that he was under the illusion that getting a girl-friend would make him happy ever after.
What he needed was a support group. This would give him the feeling of human warmth.

Love Seekers Anonymous ?
Lonely People Anonymous ? (sounds like a song by the Beatles, doesn´t it ? )

Men and women who had survived a relationship in a more or less bruised state should exchange their stories and help those in need to overcome their sad illusions.

After the "God´s Illusion" by Dawkins someone should go on and write the "Love´s Illusion".
duszek

Post by duszek »

What was your method of running away, Pilt ?

I am still working on it. Political Correctness is my area at the moment. You can hide behind it, no anger, no edge, no ego. Just a puppet.

Chaz, do not pretend that you think that I am a bloke.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Is it a British singer who sings

"What I need is a miracle, what I neeeeeeeeeeeed iiiiiiiis a miracle ... " ?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

........................................................................All I Need is a Miracle

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I'm waiting for the day that goofball Wiltrack can post something without a stupid picture on an acre of space (P.S. I'm not holding my breath).
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Look, over a year ago I suggested that you take your philosophy and run for a political office with it.

I don't care if it's city council. RUN FOR SOMETHING!

There are many local & state offices coming up for election this next year -2014, if you live in America.

We can't help you here anymore.

I'm all for your philosophy - now go and institute it.

Your philosophy is political.

Ya know - something just came to my mind. A while back, when I told you to run for something. Get involved with your community - there was silence.

All you had was silence.

What's up with that?

Sup dog?

Time to answer dog. Whatcha runnin for?

...or perhaps, whatcha runnin AWAY from?

SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Bill, of course it was the dentist, playing doctor, that I see as the best representation of a Jesus like character. But I'm at a loss as to why you would ask such a thing. As I watched, I felt pain in the pit of my stomach, how my soul cried out for them. But in fact it is their doing, and no one else's. I could only guess, at their specific set of particulars, that afflicts their minds, in such a way, as to compel them, to do this to themselves, other than the one constant, that lurks in the background, and is common to all such things, and that of course is mans obsession, with a glittering prize, that's used as a weapon, to ensure his power, over all others, with the destruction, found in it's wake. I'm just glad that I have always controlled my drugs, and never allowed them to control me, except of course nicotine, which unfortunately, was the only drug that ever had me in it's grips. I finally beat it over 25 years ago, much to my relief.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

The Chemist.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

bobevenson wrote:
duszek wrote:I heard that Red Indians are starting to give courses in bow art on their reservations.
Please, don't get me going on Indian reservations! When my American Energy Party gets into power, the Bureau of Indian Affairs will be immediately abolished. Is this America or not? You might as well have a Bureau of Neanderthal Affairs since they form a larger percentage of the population than Indians.
Sometimes you seem to be, such a selfish idiot.