How come Jesus could not convince the Judge?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: How come Jesus could not convince the Judge?

Post by attofishpi »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:56 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:17 am Plausible, but I doubt it. God has got more bollocks than that for the message.
It may not be the message, but it Jesus is an incarnate God, then his sacrifice in terms of suffering is small compared to sexually abused children, people who are tortured, people who live in malnutrition level poverty and so on. First it did not last that long, second he was God. The kinds of mental torture that go along with physical suffering would certainly have been minimized. There are signs that he did suffer some of this, but not to the degree humans will and they will suffer much longer. This is not to dismiss as nothing what he is purported to have gone through, but in the scheme of horrible experiences It probably wouldn't come with the top 100,000,000 deaths. Can a deity of the Abrahamic kind truly sacrifice? I don't think so.

But i agree with the idea that he intended or went willingly to his death or at least crucifixion. Not that I think this was a good idea.
Christ as God incarnate, who knows what suffering God might have endured as forming intelligence from chaos, and then a reality that mammals can exist within.

Also, reality is a convoluted apparition of the Truth...from what I have witnessed I doubt and question everything beyond my own consciousness, including the "suffering" potrayed to us.

www.androcies.com
godelian

Post by godelian »

Did it even matter?

In the end, it was the Roman governor who would decide.
Actually, even the Roman governor did not want to decide because he let the crowd decide:
"Who do you want me to release? Jeshu or Jeshu bar Abbah?"
(meaning: The heretic or the heretical son of an unknown father?)
(meaning: The heretic or the heretical bastard?}
The crowd demanded and insisted on the release of the second Jeshu.
So, one Jesus was crucified and died at the cross while the other Jesus was released, and came back three days later, as he had told that he would do.

So, was Jesus released and set free from his chains? Yes.
So, was Jesus crucified? Also yes.

Jesus was simultaneously crucified and not crucified.
What happened on that Passover night is even more ambiguous than the death and non-death of Schrödinger's cat.
It that is what he wanted to achieve, then he did indeed spectacularly succeed.
Convincing the first judge of his innocence would clearly have been an impediment to achieving that.
That may also be the reason why he answered to the accusation by making a joke.
If you wanted to believe that he was guilty, he was. If not, he wasn't. That was another gigantic ambiguity.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

bahman wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:00 pm If He is God He could certainly convince the judge and doesn't get the punishment, the cross.
Jesus was not God, although he was.

As he was claiming, he was the son of God.
But at the same time he was also God.

He was the only begotten son, as are you.

You have been thrown into the world, and there is only you and... God.

As long as you are there, as long as you exist, you are the son.

When you are no longer there, when you no longer exist, you go back to being what you always were: God.

You are the only begotten son, as indeed I am and so was Jesus.

And there is no contradiction in this!

It is the One.