Imperefct God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Imperefct God

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:39 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:29 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:09 am Ignore the word "cult" if you want. It won't change anything. Gnosticism is not at all Christian, and cannot be, regardless of what anybody claims. Anybody who thinks otherwise simply has no idea what a "Christian" is.
The last time I checked there is no copyright on the term, "Christian."
Actually, there is.

Christ retains the right to define it. And after that, it matters not a whit what anybody else thinks. Belonging to Christ is decided by what He knows, not by what anybody else says.
Why would you give that right to define anything to a genocidal p**** who has promised another genocide with Armageddon?

Are you a traitor to humanity and would you help such a moral monster?

Moral people want to know?

Regards
DL
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

“atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff.

The unitarian universalists fit that description.

Many years back, I attended a UU church in Lacombe, Louisiana. The congregation was intelligent, political, concerned about morality; it was also a soap opera of sex, backstabbing, grudges, and greed. And the children...all were bein' raised in an enlightened way, and nearly every one was a mess...all manner of psych-issues (self-injury, eatin' disorders, etc.).

After a couple of years, and havin' alienated pretty much everyone, I stopped attendin' services.

Now, I'm sure there are actual god churches where things are no better, but my gut tells me they'd be the exception whereas that UU church was the rule for the no-god places.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:22 pm
seeds wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:04 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:03 am

Show his genocidal ass at the Haigh in handcuff and leg irons. Hopefully with a signed confession and scion ide pill already working.

He is not worth my bullet with his vile name on it.

Regards
DL
How many times do I have to point out that if there is indeed a transcendent Entity that is responsible for the creation of the trillions upon trillions of suns and planets of this universe,...

...then this Entity is as far above humans in scope and consciousness as humans are above amoebas, and bears absolutely no resemblance to the anthropomorphized nonsense that you keep ranting about in your posts.

Normally I would implore you to try and extricate yourself from the delusional bubble in which you are shadow-boxing with a mythological creature, but you seem to be enjoying it far too much to want to quit.

My only question is: why do you focus so intensely on just Yahweh when there are so many other mythological gods you could complain about?

For example, check out this list I collected from a site called "Museum Facts" [bracketed comments mine]:
Museum Facts wrote:
Let’s take a look at the 12 Evil Gods you should steer clear of!

1) Chernobog- the Slavic god of bad fate

2) Set- a murderous evil Egyptian god

3) Sekhmet- the punisher of humankind

4) Hel- the cruel ruler of the Norse Underworld

5) Loviatar- the Finnish god of death and disease

6) Whiro- the embodiment of all evil

7) Apophis- the evil god who embodied chaos [presently reincarnated as Donald Trump]

8] Lamashtu- the evil god who menaced women [again, Donald Trump]

9) Lilith- the demoness who vowed revenge on all men

10) Ahriman- the evil god of strife and disappointment [dang, Trump again]

11) Adro- the evil African deity

12) Nergal- the evil god who killed people on a whim
And that's just a small handful of candidates for you to rail against, never mind the ones in Greek, Roman, Hindu, Japanese, and various other mythologies.

So, again, why focus and expend all of your vitriol and disdain on just poor old mythical Yahweh when there are so many others to choose from?
_______
Because a hole Christians continue to discriminate against women and gays without a just cause, likely due to adoring a genocidal p**** of a god.
First of all, what is "a hole Christians"?

And secondly, if you are all bent out of shape because of a god that compels humans to discriminate against women and gays, then shouldn't you be directing most of your ire toward Allah of Islam?

Come on now, we're talking about a god who clearly favors human males and inspires them to not only beat females for causing his boys to have naughty thoughts from showing too much ankle skin in public,...

...but also to toss gays from rooftops...

I mean, if you are going to make such a big stink about a mythological entity that incites discriminatory (and violent) behavior in its followers, then Allah is way worse than Yahweh from the perspective of women and gays.

(As a social experiment to find out which god is worse and more deserving of your incessant rantings, why don't you first go to a large Christian church in America or England and tell the parishioners that they are worshiping a "...p**** of a god...", then go to a large mosque in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan and do the same thing there.)

And lastly, in regards to this,...
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:22 pm They are morally inferior and need all the correction our collective love can give the poor bastards.
...maybe you should start throwing these morally inferior humans off of rooftops, or beating them, or perhaps a good splash of acid in the face might do the trick.

Instead of offering love, I see nothing but hatred and hypocrisy in your words.
_______
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:49 pm
Actually, there is.

Christ retains the right to define it. And after that, it matters not a whit what anybody else thinks. Belonging to Christ is decided by what He knows, not by what anybody else says.
Well, you, like everyone else, are entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is.
Not my opinion -- His. If my "opinion" differs from His, then I'm the one who's wrong.

And His opinion is never an "opinion."
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:58 pm Jesus was never elected to be anointed nor was he ever anointed to Christ by his people.
So says Gnosticism, perhaps: but it's only one in many ways in which it's wrong. All the original Christians were Jews. In fact, the first council had, as its subject, the question of whether or not it was even possible for a Gentile to be a Christian.

Gnostics should read a Bible every now and then.
Immanuel Can

Re: my god

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:30 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:00 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:07 am

Gnostics ignore Atonement, so the cross is immateril to them. and utterly irrelivent - all they care about is the message their Christ had to those that heard him speak.
Imagine if he wrote: "Christians ignore atonement, and the cross is immaterial to them and utterly irrelevant." Would anybody believe him?

And yet, he insists that there's such a thing as a "Christian Gnostic." :shock:

Go figure.
It is Gnostic Christian, usually.
Still no such thing.
Who were you referring to and can I have a quote?
Gaffo. And no: it's right there, above, for you to see.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:40 pm
Actually, there is.

Why would you give that right to define anything...
Give? I could never "give" Him anything but thanks. His rights are His own.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:49 pm “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff.

Many years back, I attended a UU church in Lacombe, Louisiana. The congregation was intelligent, political, concerned about morality; it was also a soap opera of sex, backstabbing, grudges, and greed. And the children...all were bein' raised in an enlightened way, and nearly every one was a mess...all manner of psych-issues (self-injury, eatin' disorders, etc.).

After a couple of years, and havin' alienated pretty much everyone, I stopped attendin' services.

Now, I'm sure there are actual god churches where things are no better, but my gut tells me they'd be the exception whereas that UU church was the rule for the no-god places.

UU churches attract people who seek truth and goodness without being willing to accept other people's ideas until they have had a long think about them. By contrast conventionally Xian churches tend to attract people who are either unaware they can think for themselves or are unwilling to do so.

Christian churches attract people who are unwilling to be free to think for themselves. Freedom to own one's ideas and actions causes anxiety; it feels safer to belong to a church with people who all believe the same doctrine.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:09 am Ignore the word "cult" if you want. It won't change anything. Gnosticism is not at all Christian, and cannot be, regardless of what anybody claims. Anybody who thinks otherwise simply has no idea what a "Christian" is.
Actually, there is.

The traditional Christian view of what Son of God means is marred by religious guilt plus Atonement. These ideas are inserted for purposes of control i.e. threat and reward.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:41 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:49 pm
Actually, there is.

Well, you, like everyone else, are entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is.
Not my opinion -- His. If my "opinion" differs from His, then I'm the one who's wrong.

And His opinion is never an "opinion."
Whatever.

If Tath were like the made-up gods and spoke to men in visions and dreams, He would say, "if anyone tells you he has a direct line to me, he's a liar. No one speaks for me. Everyone must find me himself, and I only speak to those who seek to find me."

That, of course, excludes all the religions. All the religions claim to speak for God. They all claim to have the inside track to God, and only they can reveal Him. Tath calls them all liars.

Tath says, "Tell them anyone can see and hear God if they choose to. Tell them they can know the truth if they have ears to hear and eyes to see."

"I can't say that," I said.

"Why not?" Tath asked.

"Because that's what Jesus said."

"Who's Jesus?" Tath asked.

"Jesus. The God of the Christians, or part of their God, anyway. A third, I think," I tried to explain.

"Oh Him. So he said something true. Big deal. The most dishonest person in the world says some things that are true, else, when he's sick, what does he tell the doctor? Does he lie? Does he say, 'my leg hurts,' when he really has a headache?"

"That's the thing about all these religions," Tath said. "They all say some things that are true; that's how they get put over. If you don't mix some truth in with the lie, no one will swallow it. Ask me sometime about the true things in that book, you know, the Christian one, the Bubble or Bibble, or whatever they call it. There are a lot of true things in there, but the believers ignore them. 'He that does not work, neither should he eat.' That's in there and it's true, but nobody likes it."

"They don't want to know the truth. They don't want to use the minds I have given them, they want someone else to provide easy answers for them. They never want to work. They could know me if they would really work to know the truth, but that's not what they really want."
But you believe whatever you want.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:13 am The traditional Christian view of what Son of God means...
The "traditional"? Before I respond, I'd have to ask, which "tradition" do you refer to?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:38 pm But you believe whatever you want.
Better to believe what's true. "What one wants" is quite irrelevant.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:49 pm “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff.

Yet I have been banned from some U U sites, and Gnostic Christians are universalists.

The ban was for my arguing against the supernatural and the evil Yahweh.

The U U does not like to face the immorality of the Christian theology any more than the right wing Christians do.

If Jesus himself showed up and preached today, he would get booed off stage for moralizing.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

seeds wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:34 pm
First of all, what is "a hole Christians"?
Look in a mirror.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:06 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:40 pm
Actually, there is.

Why would you give that right to define anything...
Give? I could never "give" Him anything but thanks. His rights are His own.
So are yours, and those were the issue. Coward.

Imaginary constructs like Jesus have no rights, other than what the reader gives him.

In the bible's case, the writers gave the many contradictions to have us think.

Christians ignore that of course.

Thinking as to why they adore a genocidal god is too hard for them to face.

They are moral cowards.

Regards
DL