Understanding the religious mindset

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Understanding the religious mindset

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:16 am What do you want, Henry?
Read before you post.

Don't jump to conclusions.

Honor the truce.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:50 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:16 am What do you want, Henry?
Read before you post.
I did, and I do.
henry quirk wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:50 amDon't jump to conclusions.
I didn't. I gave it some thought, and it truly looked like you were giving a thumbs-up to some kind of rude and undeserved comment that Atto made in response to a heartfelt post I made. I apologized in case that's not what it was about, although it seems that it was.
henry quirk wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:50 amHonor the truce.
Like you do when you accused me of being full of myself, which was far from the truth. And when you characterize me as some ditzy hippy, which is also far from the truth.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

There is a chilling clip, circulating on the Internet, of a thousand+ Jews jumping up and down in joy at the sight of a mosque in flames.
https://twitter.com/joshualeifer/status ... dia-667844

As we all know Judaism is a religion of love, as is Islam, and Christianity.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:37 am There is a chilling clip, circulating on the Internet, of a thousand+ Jews jumping up and down in joy at the sight of a mosque in flames.

Needs more analysis. No religion is a 'religion of love'. Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are , same as all religions, about enshrining social laws within sacred myths.

Islam, Judaism, and Christianity and their common ethic of The Golden Rule may be applied either tribally or universally. Judaism is applied tribally by Right wing Israeli extremists and other Right wing extremists.(Some earlier Israeli prime ministers have been Left wing.)

Instead of blaming religions we need to find out why Israel has adopted a policy of genocide against Palestinians.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:06 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:37 am There is a chilling clip, circulating on the Internet, of a thousand+ Jews jumping up and down in joy at the sight of a mosque in flames.

Needs more analysis. No religion is a 'religion of love'. Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are , same as all religions, about enshrining social laws within sacred myths.
"""RELIGION""""

- just another excuse to join a mob and identify with some cause that you feel appropriate - GANGS in major cities are the same shit..

It's been happening since the year dot. People - like to feel part of a group. As a Christian (and fuck I hate US evangelicals) - i never saw much from that dude about killing others.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Belinda wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:06 am

Needs more analysis. No religion is a 'religion of love'.
I am merely repeating their claims.
Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are , same as all religions, about enshrining social laws within sacred myths.
Many would claim that this is true of "organised" religion, true.

Islam, Judaism, and Christianity and their common ethic of The Golden Rule may be applied either tribally or universally. Judaism is applied tribally by Right wing Israeli extremists and other Right wing extremists.(Some earlier Israeli prime ministers have been Left wing.)
Zionism is not compatible the left wing internationalism.
Which Isreali PMs do you mean?

Instead of blaming religions we need to find out why Israel has adopted a policy of genocide against Palestinians.
But by discounting their religion you are automatically denying the prime raison d'etre; the myths of the "promised land", and the "chosen people", both of which are essentially right wing
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:18 am I apologized in case that's not what it was about, *although it seems that it was.
*Seriously?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:15 pm
Lacewing wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:18 am I apologized in case that's not what it was about, *although it seems that it was.
*Seriously?
Yes.

Can you explain what it was about... that you thought was funny? Maybe I don't understand the joke.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:25 am You guys, Walker and Atto, are submitting nonsensical questions and claims that apparently only make sense in your own heads. Whatever mental channel you're on appears to be too full of noise to discern anything other than that, and that's why it seems pointless to talk with you about much of anything.
Walker wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:50 am My point ...

What is the most precious to each and every person?
How is that a point? It varies.
Faces also vary, but the question isn't about variance.

Since the term “religious mindset,” implies a commonly shared monolithic principle, your topic opens the door for a defining absolute.
These questions will lead through the door.

Each person will defend what is most precious.
What is it that each person will defend?
What is the most precious to everyone?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:18 am Each person will defend what is most precious.
Go ahead... explain and answer for yourself, in relation to this topic.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:16 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:15 pm
*Seriously?
Yes.

Can you explain what it was about... that you thought was funny? Maybe I don't understand the joke.
Atto wrote: Don't bother getting a room. Just inter_face. in response to and in observation of the friendly back & forth between seeds and yourself. I found it funny cuz friendliness is even more rare than civility here, and this is a virtual forum, so inter-face is a double entendre.

Do you get it? Probably not.

Humor can be idiosyncratic.

You might have a better time with explanations, though.

You say it truly looked like you were giving a thumbs-up to some kind of rude and undeserved comment that Atto made in response to a heartfelt post.

Which comment(s) of his do you think I was applaudin'?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:37 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:16 am Can you explain what it was about... that you thought was funny? Maybe I don't understand the joke.
Atto wrote: Don't bother getting a room. Just inter_face. in response to and in observation of the friendly back & forth between seeds and yourself. I found it funny cuz friendliness is even more rare than civility here, and this is a virtual forum, so inter-face is a double entendre.

Considering Atto's tendency toward sexual insults, I guessed that his comment was directly in response to me saying this at the end of my post: This has been the most enjoyable discussion I've had in awhile! And I break the rules all the time... in regard to thread topics and all sorts of other things. That's where the juicy good stuff is.

Atto's comment appeared to be more than just an observation of "the friendly back & forth" between seeds and I, as you casually put it. It appeared to suggest a sexual act... which you produced your thumb for.

Did I misunderstand?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:00 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:37 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:16 am Can you explain what it was about... that you thought was funny? Maybe I don't understand the joke.

Considering Atto's tendency toward sexual insults, I guessed that his comment was directly in response to me saying this at the end of my post: This has been the most enjoyable discussion I've had in awhile! And I break the rules all the time... in regard to thread topics and all sorts of other things. That's where the juicy good stuff is.

Atto's comment appeared to be more than just an observation of "the friendly back & forth" between seeds and I, as you casually put it. It appeared to suggest a sexual act... which you produced your thumb for.

*Did I misunderstand?
*Yeah, I think you misunderstood his comment and know you've misunderstood my 👍.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:18 pm...
Atto, can you clarify what your comment (identified below) meant?
Lacewing wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:00 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:37 pm Atto wrote: Don't bother getting a room. Just inter_face. in response to and in observation of the friendly back & forth between seeds and yourself. I found it funny cuz friendliness is even more rare than civility here, and this is a virtual forum, so inter-face is a double entendre.

Did I misunderstand?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:24 pm
Walker wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:18 am Each person will defend what is most precious.
Go ahead... explain and answer for yourself, in relation to this topic.
You have to walk through the door yourself.