Does God speak literally?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 9238
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Does God speak literally?

Post by Dontaskme »

Is burning in the lake of fire for eternity a possibilty?

No, it's illogical, because of death, in death there is no sensation, no feeling, no thought, no knowledge.

Death is your only friend. Your only comfort in a world of evil.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Sculptor »

God does not speak, literally or otherwise.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 9238
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:40 pm God does not speak, literally or otherwise.
But the bible says the word is god's word...and the word is spoken as and through you and me.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:42 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:40 pm God does not speak, literally or otherwise.
But the bible says the word is god's word...and the word is spoken as and through you and me.
"The Bible Says", not god says.
Why would you trust a bunch of semi-literate goat farmers with a pathological hatred of Pigs?
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 9238
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:42 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:40 pm God does not speak, literally or otherwise.
But the bible says the word is god's word...and the word is spoken as and through you and me.
"The Bible Says", not god says.
Why would you trust a bunch of semi-literate goat farmers with a pathological hatred of Pigs?
I have to be a good person or I will be thrown into the lake of fire or be tortured forever. That's what the book says.

Should I just laugh at those words in the book, or take what the book says literally?

Humans are not semi-literate anymore, lets burn this comic book in the lake of fire where it belongs. We made it, we don't need the big sky daddy anymore, we can make up our own mind about what's good or evil...dear bible, we get it ok, stop the preaching already, for christ sake. :lol:
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:33 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:42 pm

But the bible says the word is god's word...and the word is spoken as and through you and me.
"The Bible Says", not god says.
Why would you trust a bunch of semi-literate goat farmers with a pathological hatred of Pigs?
I have to be a good person or I will be thrown into the lake of fire or be tortured forever. That's what the book says.
Why would you trust a bunch of semi-literate goat farmers
Should I just laugh at those words in the book, or take what the book says literally?
Take a look at the works of Homer. It is more likely that his stories of heroes and gods is more applicable to your ancestry. Or better still, the stories of the Norse Sagas and myths.
What make you think that their account is wrong. Surely you know that to achieve Valhalla you need to die a warrior's death with a sword in your hand?

Humans are not semi-literate anymore, lets burn this comic book in the lake of fire where it belongs. We made it, we don't need the big sky daddy anymore, we can make up our own mind about what's good or evil...dear bible, we get it ok, stop the preaching already, for christ sake. :lol:
Why can't you?
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 9238
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:43 am Why would you trust a bunch of semi-literate goat farmers
Because if I don't, I will get thrown into the lake of fire.


Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:43 am Why can't you?
Because I like telling my story on the mountains and shouting from the roof tops. :lol: I'm addicted to my story. I want to share the good news. :lol:

I'm dead, is the best news ever, that knowledge makes me happy. :lol:
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:51 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:43 am Why would you trust a bunch of semi-literate goat farmers
Because if I don't, I will get thrown into the lake of fire.


Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:43 am Why can't you?
Because I like telling my story on the mountains and shouting from the roof tops. :lol: I'm addicted to my story. I want to share the good news. :lol:

I'm dead, is the best news ever, that knowledge makes me happy. :lol:
What, exactly is your story? Why should it even include "the bible"
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 9238
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Dontaskme »

This is my Story.... :arrow:

How do I know I'm dead?

Because dream characters cannot know they are dead or alive. They can only be informed by association as and through images on a screen which are instantly seen and known by the only knowing there is.

Image

Forget about the bible it's just another story, just one of many countless others, it's the never ending story, the beginning of the end.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:00 am This is my Story.... :arrow:

How do I know I'm dead?

Because dream characters cannot know they are dead or alive. They can only be informed by association as and through images on a screen which are instantly seen and known by the only knowing there is.

Image

Forget about the bible it's just another story, just one of many countless others, it's the never ending story, the beginning of the end.
Do you "fear the walking dead" too?
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 9238
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Does God speak literally?

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:09 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:00 am This is my Story.... :arrow:

How do I know I'm dead?

Because dream characters cannot know they are dead or alive. They can only be informed by association as and through images on a screen which are instantly seen and known by the only knowing there is.

Image

Forget about the bible it's just another story, just one of many countless others, it's the never ending story, the beginning of the end.
Do you "fear the walking dead" too?
They're a little bit annoying, but completely harmless.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for no one is with me. :)
Post Reply