EVIL!!!!!!!!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 5187
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: I done infested his thinkin'.

Post by henry quirk » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:57 pm

"I saw my influence decrease over time in all of my 4 boys."

Which is as it should be, yeah?

We lay a foundation and hope they build true.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Greatest I am » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:28 pm
[

Get the idea? Do you really NEED to be so resistant and argumentative? What the fuck is your problem?
Trying to communicate with those who are poor at it. Get the idea?

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: I done infested his thinkin'.

Post by Greatest I am » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:57 pm
"I saw my influence decrease over time in all of my 4 boys."

Which is as it should be, yeah?

We lay a foundation and hope they build true.
Yep.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Lacewing » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 pm
Lacewing wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:28 pm
Do you really NEED to be so resistant and argumentative? What the fuck is your problem?
Trying to communicate with those who are poor at it.
You think YOU'RE BETTER AT IT??? With all of your emotional wingnut ideas that you frequently spew? Right...blame your ineptitude on other people and situations -- that's one way to keep yourself convinced that you have it all figured out, and you're seeing it the one, true, right way. :lol:

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Sculptor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:33 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:25 pm

All too many people read the bible.
I would say that those who need it the most, the religious, do not read it much at all.
If they did, they would leave their vile mainstream homophobic and misogynous religions and reject the genocidal son murdering p**** of a god that they have inherited from their immoral parents.

Regards
DL
Depends.
The Old Testament validates all those human crimes you mention. And since JC validates the scriptures the evil in there.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 5187
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

a nonchristian's sketchy take

Post by henry quirk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:32 am

"The Old Testament validates all those human crimes you mention. And since JC validates the scriptures the evil in there."

As I recall: the OT describes the violent, bloody birth of a nation, made necessary by the Original Couple eatin' that rotten apple. The NT describes the transition from nation-building to civilization, the bridge bein' Jesus himself. He said sumthin' along the lines of 'I come to fufill the Law, not end it', that is: he didn't validate the bloody violence but instead declared it necessary (in the same way it's necessary to climb the mountain to reach the summit) but over.

f12hte
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by f12hte » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:08 pm
f12hte wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:44 am
[ And insomuch as one strays from the old adage; "to thine own self be true"; one tends towards evil. What do you say about that?
I disagree as I show above that cooperation or doing good is our default position and we do not tend towards evil.

Regards
DL
I understand your objection.

On what basis do you equate competition with evil, and cooperation with good? At first blush, I'd say that both are both. And, thinking subjectively, I can't really call myself a good competitor or cooperator. Would withdrawal from social interaction be a third category?

Dachshund
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Dachshund » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:07 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:29 pm
Lacewing wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:15 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:48 pm


I see unearned smugness here.
Do you? Rather than humor? :lol: Not everyone on this forum is wrapped up in their own ideas with serious expressions on their faces.
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:48 pm
You are using words that are beyond definition. Like God, divine, heavenly etc.
So are we not to try to communicate using words that we think come closest to our intent, while explaining the context we are using them in? What kind of rigid guidelines must we follow? Hasn't language naturally evolved in all sorts of ways? Are certain words to be "untouchable", due to some kind of archaic religious rigidity? Why?
Throwing one unexplainable word into a discussion, most can work around.
To throw as many as you did and the way you did leads nowhere.

Regards
DL
Dear Lacewing, baby


Pssst DL: Don't say anything, but I think Lacewing's been dropping "acid" tabs again. :roll: She does it now and then to try and connect with the transcendental, cosmic , divine, universal,mystical, essence of infinite love and wholeness. It also enables her to astral travel back through time and space to Woodstock and Haight- Asbury, 1969; you know, back to the "Summer of Love", Groooovy man. When she gets there she links up with her old girl friends: Mama Cass, Joney Mitchell and Joan Baez and the three of them head off to make the local "happening", which is a big "Love In" goin' down in Central Park. When they get there they see lots of cute hippy boys cool looking Triumph T120 and BSA bikes. So Lacewing rips her "I Love Ho Chi Minh" T-shirt off and "lets it all hang out" :shock: ,"Make Love Not War",she shouts, but there are no takers. So Lacewing eats a couple of Space Cookies" to cheer herself up and then astral travels back to 2019. When she gets home to "Honey Suckle" cottage, she lights 20 candles, burns some patchouli incense, reads a bit of Marcuse, drops another tab of acid and then flops onto her orange-coloured bean bag with a lap tap. Then she send another "ba tshit crazy", "Hippy, Dippy, Witchy, Chicky" post to Philosophy Forum that doesn't make any sense. Someone replies to the post and sez, "Hey Lacewing, that post you was "word salad", girlie. Then, suddenly, the glorious, splendid pure white light of divine celestial love shines down on Lacewing and she posts back: "Fuck Off, Fuck you, Fucking moron!" So much for the divine, celestial light of love ! :D

PS: Lacewing Didn't your mother ever teach you that nice girls don't swear, Lacewing ? Nothing worse than a foul-mouthed women IMO !


Regards


Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)

Walker
Posts: 6891
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Walker » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 am

:lol: Now you're in for it.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Lacewing » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:29 am

Dachshund wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:07 am
Dear Lacewing, baby...
Listen wiener boy... that was pretty funny! :lol: No, I haven't done acid for a very long time...but I enjoyed your story.

Perhaps there are some of you here who really have no clue of what I'm talking about or referring to. Or maybe you DON'T WANT to acknowledge certain differences from your preferred mindset. That's okay. I've done my best to communicate some concepts. If you're going to be hyper-critical of my perspective, you might as well do the same with your own because those of you who are having seizures over my words are the ones who seem the most rabidly bat-shit crazy and dishonest on this forum.

Oh, Dachshund, you don't like girls who swear? Well too fucking bad! :lol:

Thanks for the laughs, though -- it's the most worthwhile thing I've seen you offer.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:06 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 pm
Lacewing wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:28 pm
Do you really NEED to be so resistant and argumentative? What the fuck is your problem?
Trying to communicate with those who are poor at it.
You think YOU'RE BETTER AT IT??? With all of your emotional wingnut ideas that you frequently spew? Right...blame your ineptitude on other people and situations -- that's one way to keep yourself convinced that you have it all figured out, and you're seeing it the one, true, right way. :lol:
Only a fool would think that there is just one true right way.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Now go away and grow your puny mind.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:33 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:25 pm

All too many people read the bible.
I would say that those who need it the most, the religious, do not read it much at all.
If they did, they would leave their vile mainstream homophobic and misogynous religions and reject the genocidal son murdering p**** of a god that they have inherited from their immoral parents.

Regards
DL
Depends.
The Old Testament validates all those human crimes you mention. And since JC validates the scriptures the evil in there.
Intentionally, as the book was written to spark debates and discussions and that is why it shows both good and evil in it's many contradictions.

Christianity lost the value of the bible when they stupidly began to read the myth literally.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm

f12hte wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 am
Greatest I am wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:08 pm
f12hte wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:44 am
[ And insomuch as one strays from the old adage; "to thine own self be true"; one tends towards evil. What do you say about that?
I disagree as I show above that cooperation or doing good is our default position and we do not tend towards evil.

Regards
DL
I understand your objection.

On what basis do you equate competition with evil, and cooperation with good? At first blush, I'd say that both are both. And, thinking subjectively, I can't really call myself a good competitor or cooperator. Would withdrawal from social interaction be a third category?
No.

As Socrates answered, with a question, to end such do it alone foolishness; who will make your shoes?

I equate competition with evil because that creates a loser or victim. Cooperation is deemed god because it makes friends and not enemies or losers.

We are tribal by nature and we seek the safety in numbers as that is the best way for us to survive, given the we are the most insecure and weak animal on earth.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:33 pm


User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: EVIL!!!!!!!!

Post by Sculptor » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:33 pm


I would say that those who need it the most, the religious, do not read it much at all.
If they did, they would leave their vile mainstream homophobic and misogynous religions and reject the genocidal son murdering p**** of a god that they have inherited from their immoral parents.

Regards
DL
Depends.
The Old Testament validates all those human crimes you mention. And since JC validates the scriptures the evil in there.
Intentionally, as the book was written to spark debates and discussions
DL
LOL Says who?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests