Religion Is .....

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

toddwayman

Re: Religion Is .....

Post by toddwayman » Tue May 14, 2019 9:14 am

Religion is a cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, morals, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements. However, there is no scholarly consensus over what precisely constitutes a religion

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 pm

toddwayman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:14 am
Religion is a cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, morals, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements. However, there is no scholarly consensus over what precisely constitutes a religion
Yes there is. A tribe or any group with a thinking system that they see as having an ideology.

These days, that includes statists and atheism. KIS.

Regards
DL

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme » Wed May 15, 2019 7:02 am

Religion is a human condition.

It's the innate desire to reconnect to Source (Oneness) away from the unavoidable human condition that is the illusory sense of separation.

I'm One; I'm all of this!
Yet I'm undifferentiated, beyond all forms.
How, then, do I regard the Self?
As both the Unmanifest and the manifest world

Walker

Post by Walker » Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 am

"To hold, therefore, that there is no difference in matters of religion between forms that are unlike each other, and even contrary to each other, most clearly leads in the end to the rejection of all religion in both theory and practice. And this is the same thing as atheism, however it may differ from it in name. [Pope Leo XIII, Immortale Dei, 1885]"
etymology