Falling in love at first sight

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:57 pm

The Voice of Time wrote:SpheresOfBalance, I didn't have love at first sight. It was the second scenario where she sat herself next to me and we started talking and I became pursuingly impressed and interested.

Science dudes think that because some people are in a way they can generalize it. We philosophers are here to tell them that people are different and that even sex itself is an arbritary thing as people have crazily varrying associations to the word and with the word. Heard about Tantric sex? Now that is some weird stuff.

No, sry but that "animale"-perspective of sex and love is a complete misinterpretation and evidence not good enough. It may be fitting for some people but let it be for those people in their own situations and I'll deal with myself and my situations, evidence that I experience is at least absolute in its subjective sense.

And sexual arousal is also something weird. I used to get a boner from my math homework without looking at any person, teacher or thinking any naughty thoughts (and without needing to pee... at least not until afterwards). It sometimes gave me problems about rising from my seat in class. And I didn't even like math! I've also felt that stimulative touch of objects you experience in sex by just touching a tree! Now please do tell me why that should mean I'm sexually attracted to trees? Or some Freudian thought that I thought the tree looked like my penis?
Do you think the math thing was an association? Was one of your math teachers hot? And the rubbing it on things is extremely normal, I heard psychologists talk about it. Just like with all things, children, teenagers and young adults want to understand how things work, and their bodies are theirs to do what ever they want, in this quest to understand themselves.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:21 pm

reasonemotion wrote:Spheres of Balance

There is something else that i have to share at this time to show you what I'm talking about as to this physical as well as mental oneness
.

Oh my.... a How to Manual would make you quite a rich man.

You two actually divorced. Even "the act' cant keep the cement in a relationship in tact.

You are quite the romantic. Thank you for your remarkable description.
:) Thanks for the compliment, hopefully I'm deserving!
Unfortunately we were passionate about a great many things, and were both opinionated and stubborn. :(
But even though we've gone our separate ways, we 'both' know, and have said, that our union was magical, and has yet to be equaled.
I have married again, and things are less explosive now, but unfortunately the bonding is not as strong. :( Of course she's still my better half. ;-)

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by chaz wyman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:18 pm

The Voice of Time wrote:
reasonemotion wrote:I was sure one of the male participants on the forum would have volunteered some sound advice to VoT. Even a "yes, I remember it well" :oops: :P
It has mostly stopped now. Occasionally, but not often, I still get random erections, quite bothersome. The body is not reasonable ^^ That I get!
I had my first erection (or the first I remember) was at the age of about 5.

When I was 13 I woke up with an erection, kept it all day and went to bed with it. Masturbation gave temporary respite. It was the final clincher in the non-existence of God.

At the age of 52 I still often wake with an erection but thankfully it fades by the time I am dressed. Once in a while I still get a random one. So you can look forward to many more I would think.

User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by The Voice of Time » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:48 pm

chaz wyman wrote:
The Voice of Time wrote:
reasonemotion wrote:I was sure one of the male participants on the forum would have volunteered some sound advice to VoT. Even a "yes, I remember it well" :oops: :P
It has mostly stopped now. Occasionally, but not often, I still get random erections, quite bothersome. The body is not reasonable ^^ That I get!
I had my first erection (or the first I remember) was at the age of about 5.

When I was 13 I woke up with an erection, kept it all day and went to bed with it. Masturbation gave temporary respite. It was the final clincher in the non-existence of God.

At the age of 52 I still often wake with an erection but thankfully it fades by the time I am dressed. Once in a while I still get a random one. So you can look forward to many more I would think.
Not looking forward. So you had an erection all day? God that must have hurt!

Women complain about menstrual pain, well, I can safely say that I have my equivalent. Sometimes I get a random non-sexual erection that pumps so much blood into my penis it really hurts, it feels like it's going to explode :x and not in the pleasant way... The only way I can kind-of tell how it feels like is if you choose muscle, your arm for instance, try lifting a weight some below your limit, and then with all your possible force and effort try to keep it steady in the air. In the end your arm is going to feel like it explodes, and that's how an overdone erection feels like. And those long lasting erections kind-of feels the same just not so intense but more bothersome for their length.

User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by The Voice of Time » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Do you think the math thing was an association? Was one of your math teachers hot? And the rubbing it on things is extremely normal, I heard psychologists talk about it. Just like with all things, children, teenagers and young adults want to understand how things work, and their bodies are theirs to do what ever they want, in this quest to understand themselves.
I was bored. And no, the math teachers are usually male and usually old and not very attractive by modern standards.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by chaz wyman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:58 pm

The Voice of Time wrote:
Not looking forward. So you had an erection all day? God that must have hurt!

Women complain about menstrual pain, well, I can safely say that I have my equivalent. Sometimes I get a random non-sexual erection that pumps so much blood into my penis it really hurts, it feels like it's going to explode :x and not in the pleasant way... The only way I can kind-of tell how it feels like is if you choose muscle, your arm for instance, try lifting a weight some below your limit, and then with all your possible force and effort try to keep it steady in the air. In the end your arm is going to feel like it explodes, and that's how an overdone erection feels like. And those long lasting erections kind-of feels the same just not so intense but more bothersome for their length.

I've never had pain through an erection. Maybe you have a foreskin dysfunction. Maybe a visit to the Doctor is indicated?

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:36 pm

The Voice of Time wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Do you think the math thing was an association? Was one of your math teachers hot? And the rubbing it on things is extremely normal, I heard psychologists talk about it. Just like with all things, children, teenagers and young adults want to understand how things work, and their bodies are theirs to do what ever they want, in this quest to understand themselves.
I was bored. And no, the math teachers are usually male and usually old and not very attractive by modern standards.
Well then, now we've established your type! :P :lol:

User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by The Voice of Time » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:15 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Well then, now we've established your type! :P :lol:
uyeeeeah. Me like old chest-hairy, bald men preaching Algebra ^^

User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by The Voice of Time » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:30 pm

chaz wyman wrote:
I've never had pain through an erection. Maybe you have a foreskin dysfunction. Maybe a visit to the Doctor is indicated?
The pain is in the root of the penis. Foreskin works fine. They say that if you have an erection for more than 4 hours or something consistently you should contact somebody. But I think that was a Viagra-thing, so maybe not for normal erections.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:46 pm

The Voice of Time wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
I've never had pain through an erection. Maybe you have a foreskin dysfunction. Maybe a visit to the Doctor is indicated?
The pain is in the root of the penis. Foreskin works fine. They say that if you have an erection for more than 4 hours or something consistently you should contact somebody. But I think that was a Viagra-thing, so maybe not for normal erections.
Well, I've noticed that my urethra takes a hit sometimes after ejaculation, It's almost as if the volume or viscosity of the ejaculate rubs the urethra raw or over stretches it, Then again I'm pretty muscular, such that I've been known for ejaculate distance, so it could be the rate of change in the urethra's diameter from a relaxed minimum to it's stretched maximum state due to the strength of the Pubococcygeus muscle's contractions. I'm not sure, and it's not that big of deal, it's just something I've noticed, So maybe it's all about vascular pressure within the penis, which shouldn't be a problem if you eat well and exercise regularly. If yours are similar to mine, as a younger man, then you could use it as a hammer ;-) :lol: which is an indicator of the amount of current high pressure, which no doubt could cause the pain. You should feel good about it, you don't get woodies, you get steelies. ;-) :lol: :lol:

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by chaz wyman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:17 pm

The Voice of Time wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
I've never had pain through an erection. Maybe you have a foreskin dysfunction. Maybe a visit to the Doctor is indicated?
The pain is in the root of the penis. Foreskin works fine. They say that if you have an erection for more than 4 hours or something consistently you should contact somebody. But I think that was a Viagra-thing, so maybe not for normal erections.
You are moving out of the area of my expertise.
Good luck with that!!!

User avatar
reasonemotion
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:04 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by reasonemotion » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 am

Oh my! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kept my finger on the pulse just enough to duplicate this message. Dont know quite what to say........!
Last edited by reasonemotion on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
reasonemotion
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:04 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by reasonemotion » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:50 am

Oh my! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No doubt the Moderator will rectify that. LOL

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:05 am

reasonemotion wrote:Oh my! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kept my finger on the pulse just enough to duplicate this message. Dont know quite what to say........!
Are you saying that you're incapable of talking clinically about human sexuality? Funny, I didn't get that impression, earlier.

User avatar
reasonemotion
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:04 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Falling in love at first sight

Post by reasonemotion » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:30 am

Not at all.... what I am saying I see both sides... clinical and humorous .. which one are you lacking?


"You should feel good about it, you don't get woodies, you get steelies." :wink: :lol: :lol:

that was your quote, wasnt it? So I guess you saw the humor as well or maybe it is exclusively "men's business" for you.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests