Dreams

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Dreams

Post by attofishpi »

duszek wrote:Are these lucid dreams like day-dreaming ?
Do they occur when one is just dozing ?

Day-dreaming is not controllable. It is an expression of our wishful thinking and wishful thinking is just there, as a starting point of our willful acts in order to achieve what we want. Aristotle makes this distinction somewhere in the Nichomachean Ethics.
These lucid dreams are when im asleep - not dozing.
Although the one i described, i was dozing prior, then the 3rd party put me into a full sleep dream.
duszek

Post by duszek »

The third party seems to function like a sort of hypnotizer. And if there was nobody present in the room then perhaps a hypnotizing ghost ?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

duszek wrote:The third party seems to function like a sort of hypnotizer. And if there was nobody present in the room then perhaps a hypnotizing ghost ?
Ghosts dont exist.

I do know God extremely well and personally.

Thats not to say that people cant see ghosts. If you want to believe in ghosts, well, God might do the honour of showing you one.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

I think it a fairly established fact that a state-of-mind called 'lucid dreaming' exists.

One of the ways I've heard is to fall asleep with the intention or injunction to look at ones hands in the dream then realise that one is dreaming. Get a good idea of what ones hands look like first mind.

I'd be interested if attofishpi could time himself in the next one. So note the time one is falling asleep then as soon as he realises he is dreaming wake-up and note the time difference.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote:I think it a fairly established fact that a state-of-mind called 'lucid dreaming' exists.

One of the ways I've heard is to fall asleep with the intention or injunction to look at ones hands in the dream then realise that one is dreaming. Get a good idea of what ones hands look like first mind.

I'd be interested if attofishpi could time himself in the next one. So note the time one is falling asleep then as soon as he realises he is dreaming wake-up and note the time difference.
You are asking the impossible.

The first time i had a lucid dream was really wonderful. I do believe i met my sage. I was in a small fishing village somewhere in England and this man said something quite pro.found to me at the time. I then walked to the market and thats when i realised i was in a dream.

I looked down at my feet and started jumping up and down saying 'Its so friggin real', then i walked around the market and picked up really weird objects to inspect. At that point i panicked realising things could get quite scary..i awoke.

Since then i have realised that the only time i seem to awake is when i fear...when i have DO_U_BT. (BT is my initials)
zexwiththeuniverse

Post by zexwiththeuniverse »

This dream seems to be an interpretation of fear. You may be afraid of something in your life or have anxiety about something.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

zexwiththeuniverse wrote:This dream seems to be an interpretation of fear. You may be afraid of something in your life or have anxiety about something.
Everybody has fears and anxieties within their lives, but hell, did you actually read about my lucid dreams? There was no fear or anxiety until some moments after i realised, 'yes' im dreaming. The fear at that point was that my sage, or, God could really go to town on me and...yeah...freak the shit out of me.

Sorry if i sound abrupt...as i 'know', 'think', you are new around here...
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

attofishpi wrote:Everybody has fears and anxieties within their lives, but hell, did you actually read about my lucid dreams? There was no fear or anxiety until some moments after i realised, 'yes' im dreaming. The fear at that point was that my sage, or, God could really go to town on me and...yeah...freak the shit out of me. ...
But its your lucid-dream? Are you saying you think it was someone elses dream?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote:
attofishpi wrote:Everybody has fears and anxieties within their lives, but hell, did you actually read about my lucid dreams? There was no fear or anxiety until some moments after i realised, 'yes' im dreaming. The fear at that point was that my sage, or, God could really go to town on me and...yeah...freak the shit out of me. ...
But its your lucid-dream? Are you saying you think it was someone elses dream?
The point is, i had no fear in the dream until the point that it was 'lucid' it was ok at first, but not long after you dwell upon the thought that this entire reality is being projected right now by the system, God, sage whatever, and yeah at that point i fear, upon realising 'they' have the ability to do anything to me now within this 'virtual world'.
duszek

Post by duszek »

I was at a party probably, but I was outside of the house, and it was dark, and the house was on fire.
The flames were on the top of a complex of wardrobes as I managed to see from outside. The fire brigade was called for but was still not there.
I spotted a fire extinguisher and I suggested to nobody in particular: maybe try with this, and a man close by took it and before he used it I also suggested that he should aim at the bottom of the flames.
And the fire was extinguished, on the ground floor, and on the first upper floor and on the second upper floor.
And people were talking about it and I reminded them that it was me who had the idea with the fire extinguisher, but they said yes, but you did not do it. So I did not want to argue and left.
And then I saw the man again who did the job and I patted him slightly on the shoulder in order to express my appreciation of his doing. And he turned to me and looked at me and smiled. I realized that he was more or less my size, but more burly.

(More than a year ago I participated in an exercise of fire extinguishing, Brandschutzübung, but I have no practice at all.)
duszek

Post by duszek »

No external powers can have power over us, Attofishpi.
If you hear a voice in your mind it must be your own voice.

At the end of book 2 of "Zarathustra" a soundless voice speaks to Z. but this is meant as his own soul having a conversation with itself. If a person has nobody to talk to he talks to himself in order to clarify his mind.
Zara often tells something to his heart which is the other direction in this self-exchange.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

duszek wrote:No external powers can have power over us, Attofishpi.
If you hear a voice in your mind it must be your own voice.
You are wrong.
duszek wrote:At the end of book 2 of "Zarathustra" a soundless voice speaks to Z. but this is meant as his own soul having a conversation with itself. If a person has nobody to talk to he talks to himself in order to clarify his mind.
Zara often tells something to his heart which is the other direction in this self-exchange.
I understand your clarification here, but you are still wrong.

That dream of yours was likely to have been 'projected'. If you're atheist then i wasting my time, but if you're theist, well, it is a VERY powerful entity.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

duszek wrote:I wonder if some people here might be interested in interpreting dreams. I remember from school, when we were talking about Freud, that one can interpret one´s own dreams best. But sometimes a dream does not make any sense. So some reactions from other people can give one a clue.

A few days ago I dreamt of a dark night, no street lanterns (they seemed to have been switched off or run out of energy), lots of fog, me on a side-walk, and suddenly a car coming in a curve from the right and approaching me on the side-walk as if the driver wanted to park. I became alarmed and did not know how to make myself visible so that the driver sees me and stops before crashing into me. I wanted to wave frantically and then I woke up.

Any thoughts ?
It means only one thing. It means that you had a DREAM.
Dreams do not mean anything in particular. No one else can tell you how this dream relates to your own life, because no one else reading this has more information about the details of your life that you!

Dreams are not cryptic messages about the future; they are your brain sorting material of your experience. This can include basic humans fears, but they do not mean anything will happen to you, nor that something particular has happened.

Dreams are as unique as the person. There is no one more able to interpret your dreams than you yourself. Do not ever let anyone tell you differently.
Within your own mind and heart, that from which the dream was generated holds the key, such as it is to help your understand. But do not allow yourself to think that you can simply read off a meaning, or take such interpretations as advice from which you may rule your own life. A dream is the brain sifting through stuff it has to deal with. When you go through paperwork you often find stuff in the wrong order, and that brain is a view on this sorting process - not in good order but a confusion of images, thoughts and feelings.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:It means only one thing. It means that you had a DREAM.
Dreams do not mean anything in particular. No one else can tell you how this dream relates to your own life, because no one else reading this has more information about the details of your life that you!

Dreams are not cryptic messages about the future; they are your brain sorting material of your experience. This can include basic humans fears, but they do not mean anything will happen to you, nor that something particular has happened.

Dreams are as unique as the person. There is no one more able to interpret your dreams than you yourself. Do not ever let anyone tell you differently.
Within your own mind and heart, that from which the dream was generated holds the key, such as it is to help your understand. But do not allow yourself to think that you can simply read off a meaning, or take such interpretations as advice from which you may rule your own life. A dream is the brain sifting through stuff it has to deal with. When you go through paperwork you often find stuff in the wrong order, and that brain is a view on this sorting process - not in good order but a confusion of images, thoughts and feelings.
I totally agree with Chaz in relation to dream interpretation in that YOU are the best interpretter, since it is your life experiences that permitted it.
But to totally flip on that...dreams can be completely projected by this God system...as my play pool incident confirmed (for me (as i already knew the level access this entity has to synapses (YES i know it sounds far fetched and crazy(!))))
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:It means only one thing. It means that you had a DREAM.

I totally agree with Chaz in relation to dream interpretation in that YOU are the best interpretter, since it is your life experiences that permitted it.
But to totally flip on that...dreams can be completely projected by this God system...as my play pool incident confirmed (for me (as i already knew the level access this entity has to synapses (YES i know it sounds far fetched and crazy(!))))
Only 'sounds"?