Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by chaz wyman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:39 pm

IChris wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
IChris wrote:The possibility of telepathy relies on the philosophical system chosen for it.
`I think not.
I think that the veracity of the philosophical system that accurately describes it relies on the possibility that such a thing as telepathy is possible. Not the other way around.
It may be that you are correct despite that telepathy has not, as far as I know, been one of the reason that a philosophical system has made its way. But in some philosophical systems, where telepathy is possible, the telepathy comes as a natural consequence of the system and so it may be seen as something which exist in the foundation of the system too.

That said, everyone is free to chose their own philosophical belief system and such the possibility of telepathy, on a pure belief plane, would vary according to the chosen philosophical belief system.
Hello??? You do know that there is no evidence that telepathic communication is possible - regardless of any philosophy.

IChris
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 am

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by IChris » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 am

chaz wyman wrote:
Hello??? You do know that there is no evidence that telepathic communication is possible - regardless of any philosophy.
There is no scientifically evidence, but the philosophical systems I talk about do not recognise all aspects of the philosophical system behind science. This means that to believe in a philosophical system which recognise telepathy may involve a disbelief in some or all aspects of science.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by chaz wyman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 pm

IChris wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Hello??? You do know that there is no evidence that telepathic communication is possible - regardless of any philosophy.
There is no scientifically evidence, but the philosophical systems I talk about do not recognise all aspects of the philosophical system behind science. This means that to believe in a philosophical system which recognise telepathy may involve a disbelief in some or all aspects of science.

... and a disbelief in reality.

So can you enumerate which 'philosophies' entail a belief in telepathy? And why you think this addresses; "Telepathy, telepathy is possible???"

IChris
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 am

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by IChris » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 pm

chaz wyman wrote:
IChris wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Hello??? You do know that there is no evidence that telepathic communication is possible - regardless of any philosophy.
There is no scientifically evidence, but the philosophical systems I talk about do not recognise all aspects of the philosophical system behind science. This means that to believe in a philosophical system which recognise telepathy may involve a disbelief in some or all aspects of science.

... and a disbelief in reality.

So can you enumerate which 'philosophies' entail a belief in telepathy? And why you think this addresses; "Telepathy, telepathy is possible???"
I pinpointed to sources for this kind of philosophical systems in the first reply to this thread, so you can check that out. It is interpreted as a kind of process philosophy.

The philosophical system of belief are connected with the experience of our meeting with the reality; it is connected with our interpretations of metaphysical questions. I can look at the world and I will see a rather static world where in example my computer, my desk and the lamp on the desk is in place where I have placed it, and the people I meet have a static name, adress and a personality which change so little that it is hard for me too see it. If I instead hear the world, I will hear dynamic fluctuations which always is in change; my computer gives med fan noise which have an upredictable pattern, likewise the people I hear make dynamic waves of speech or other bodily sounds which never become the same. Then I can ask, in first instance, which of the senses; eyes or ears, picture the reality? Is the reality static or dynamic? If it is static, language, social structures, mathematics, science etc. can be used to picture it. If it is not static but dynamic, language, social structures, mathematics, science etc. can not be used to picture it only to organise it. What a human choose to picture their reality lies in their experience of the world; is the experience best understood as static or dynamic?

In case a human understand their reality as dynamic; one that is always becoming, only experience in itself becomes real and all other structures becomes an organisational practice which let them focus on smaller part of experience important for daily activities; in example creating a routine for eating. Such structures are seen as imaginary organisational creations. If one then think of another person's thoughts the possibility is that they either think of an imaginary space where they conjure the person thought's onto it or that they are in direct contact with the person's thought, and such a belief in reality become a belief in being in direct contact with the other person's thought since it in other ways would be connected to an imaginary space (Caroll, 1956).

Henri Bergson (1920) acknowledge the possibility of telepathy through his critic of the imaginary space in which physicalism is based on. But, through his solution to the mind-body problem (2004) which involves a third component; memory, he states that the brain as such most likely have mechanisms made solely to prevent telepathy to happen since it would "be very embarassing in everyday life" (Bergson, 1920, p. 97). As with all mechanisms he also acknowledge that they may slip sometimes such that one get others thoughts, and since the mechanisms of the brain's pure task is to organise the actualization of the present so that one can live a meaningful life, those mechanisms may naturally be turned off in dreams.

Sources:

Bergson, H. (1920). Mind-Energy: Lectures and essays. New York: Henry Holt and Company.
Bergson, H. (2004). Matter and Memory. New York: Dover Publications, Inc.
Caroll, J. B. (1956). Language, Thought, and Reality: Selected Writings of Benjamin Lee Whorf. Massachusetts: The MIT Press.

Felasco
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by Felasco » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:32 pm

chaz wyman wrote:Thoughts are not transmitted, and there are no examples in nature of mechanisms of irreducible complexity that could ever evolve that way or in that direction.
Have you ever seen a flock of a thousand flying birds all change direction together in a single instant?

You see, I have telepathy myself. It's true. Right now I am reading your mind, and I see a snotty put down reply to this post forming in your mind, and beginning it's journey down to your finger tips.

Yes, there it is...

Here it comes...

Any second now it will appear....

Wait for it.....

:-)

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by chaz wyman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Felasco wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Thoughts are not transmitted, and there are no examples in nature of mechanisms of irreducible complexity that could ever evolve that way or in that direction.
Have you ever seen a flock of a thousand flying birds all change direction together in a single instant?

No I have seen a wave of motion from one bird to another across 100s in a flock.
I think you need to look more closely.



You see, I have telepathy myself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's true.

[He stamps his foot!!!!!! "Its trwoo, its trwoo!!!"}

Right now I am reading your mind, and I see a snotty put down reply to this post forming in your mind, and beginning it's journey down to your finger tips.

Well you got that right.

What number am I think of?



Yes, there it is...

Here it comes...

Any second now it will appear....

Wait for it.....

:-)

Felasco
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by Felasco » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 pm

So I have now proven my ability to read Chaz's mind. I must admit my powers are limited, and I'm not able to reliably read other less predictable minds.

The number currently in Chaz's mind, the only number to ever appear in Chaz's mind actually, is the number one.

"Chaz is NUMERO UNO!!" is a key thought pattern electrical wave being emitted by the ChazMind, as detected by our sensors.

(Kids!! Do not try reading the ChazMind at home!! HIGH VOLTAGE WARNING!!! )

This concludes our carefully controlled scientific experiment proving the existence of telepathy in a limited set of circumstances. This study has been brought to you by the silly child mind of Felasco Moronic Enterprises, a leading distributor of random Internet based gibberish.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by chaz wyman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Felasco wrote:So I have now proven my ability to read Chaz's mind. I must admit my powers are limited, and I'm not able to reliably read other less predictable minds.

The number currently in Chaz's mind, the only number to ever appear in Chaz's mind actually, is the number one.

"Chaz is NUMERO UNO!!" is a key thought pattern electrical wave being emitted by the ChazMind, as detected by our sensors.

(Kids!! Do not try reading the ChazMind at home!! HIGH VOLTAGE WARNING!!! )

This concludes our carefully controlled scientific experiment proving the existence of telepathy in a limited set of circumstances. This study has been brought to you by the silly child mind of Felasco Moronic Enterprises, a leading distributor of random Internet based gibberish.
I think this means you lose.
Last edited by chaz wyman on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Symonko
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:00 am

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by Symonko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:17 am

Funny blab... Is a telepathy's system (already 6 ears) and there is no question of "possible", just a question of - how can usefull>
This link Telepathy: Sy-T way

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by chaz wyman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:56 am

Symonko wrote:Funny blab... Is a telepathy's system (already 6 ears) and there is no question of "possible", just a question of - how can usefull>
This link Telepathy: Sy-T way
Telepathy is a myth, and a fantasy.
It is probably impossible.
Yet another faith based belief for the hard of thinking.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3987
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by attofishpi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 am

chaz wyman wrote:
Symonko wrote:Funny blab... Is a telepathy's system (already 6 ears) and there is no question of "possible", just a question of - how can usefull>
This link Telepathy: Sy-T way
Telepathy is a myth, and a fantasy.
It is probably impossible.
Yet another faith based belief for the hard of thinking.
Telepathy or Tele_Path_Y?
http://www.androcies.com

Is entirely plausible when you real eyes our perceivable reality is only four dimensions of the multiverse that a third party entity aka God IS.

It is implausible to the hard of comprehending.

rantal
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:35 pm
Location: Third stone from the sun

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by rantal » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:12 am

Telekinesis is definitely possible, i do it all the time; in fact typing this, I am moving my fingers purely with my mind; amazing!

all the best, rantal

rantal
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:35 pm
Location: Third stone from the sun

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by rantal » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 am

:lol:

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by chaz wyman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:17 pm

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Symonko wrote:Funny blab... Is a telepathy's system (already 6 ears) and there is no question of "possible", just a question of - how can usefull>
This link Telepathy: Sy-T way
Telepathy is a myth, and a fantasy.
It is probably impossible.
Yet another faith based belief for the hard of thinking.
Telepathy or Tele_Path_Y?
http://www.androcies.com

Is entirely plausible when you real eyes our perceivable reality is only four dimensions of the multiverse that a third party entity aka God IS.

It is implausible to the hard of comprehending.
Prove it!
More - On.
IDI- ot
Brain-dead Far-quick.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3343
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Telepathy , telepathy is possible???

Post by HexHammer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:45 am

Thelepathy was researched during the StarWars Project started by Reagan, it worked in limited areas, and ran a suprisingly long course of time.

In physics terms quantum entanglement may be part of the answer, and time dialation.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests