My theory of personality types

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kimani

My theory of personality types

Post by Kimani »

Hello, My name is Kimani Shorter and I'm promoting my theory of personality types. This is a summary of my theory and the three types I came up with. It reconfigures some of Carl Jung's archetypes and some of the types found on the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) into something new.

The Triad Quantum

Math can be used to understand the human condition. Metaphysics and modern psychology are explored using a formula. This formula transcends those beliefs.

Archetypes are primal symbols of people. These same archetypes are building blocks in determining personalities. Many individual archetypes are found in people at the same time / over a lifetime. These archetypes separately show fragments of people's unconscious minds. These archetypes combined display a large part or portion of the unconscious mind. When organized into groups of two they spell out psychological conditions. What seems random at first becomes very familiar when placed in a different context.

There are six archetypes in this equation. Each archetype represents a distinctive trait. The Child relies upon others. The Hero is troubled. The Mother is empathetic and comforting. The Shadow is a symbol of apathy. The Trickster lacks morals and standards. The Wise Old Man is insightful.

The six archetypes are divided into three sets. There are two archetypes in each set. The combination of the two archetypes in each set results in a model for psychological conditions. What makes people unique and special is determined by what archetypes are found in them the most.

My theory believes that certain specific archetypes can be applied to the disorder or condition that you have. I've taken six of Carl Jung's archetypes and paired each two of them together. The two archetypes are then matched to several disorders because of their equivalency. The end result is three distinct types. Each type is defined by two archetypes.

The insightful nature of the Wise Old Man archetype and the troubled nature of the Hero archetype are equivalent to the brilliant but withdrawn nature of people with Asperger's and Bipolar Disorder.

The devoted nature of the Mother archetype and the vulnerable nature of the Child archetype are equivalent to the nurturing dependent nature of people with Codepenency Personality Disorder, Dependent Personality Disorder and Avoidant Personality Disorder. The apathetic nature of the Shadow archetype and the sneaky nature of the The Trickster archetype are equivalent to the apathetic manipulative nature of people with Narcissistic Personality disorder, Borderline personality disorder, Histrionic personality disorder and Sociopathy.

There are eleven psychological conditions / types used in this concept. They are Asperger's Syndrome, Bipolar 1, Bipolar 2, Cyclothymia, Avoidant, Codependency, Dependent, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissism, and Soctiopathy. The similar elements of these conditions unify them. They form an entity. These entities are used to define an individual. A person will gravitate towards one of these three entities much more than any of the others. Three characters are used to symbolize humanity. Society is divided into three essential segments.

Artistry Professionalism Opportunism

The Designer The Professional The Charmer

The Designer

Archetypes:
The Hero - troubled
The Wise Old Man - profound
Tendencies: withdrawn, creative / insightful
Dominant Capabilities: composing, equating, calculating
Conditions: Asperger's Syndrome, Bipolar Spectrum

The Professional

Archetypes:
The Child - dependency, vulnerable
The Mother - nurturing, devoted
Tendencies: generosity, dedication, sacrifice, humility
Dominant Capabilities: consoling, comforting, compromising
Conditions: Avoidant, Codependency, Dependent

The Charmer

Archetypes:
The Shadow - apathy
The Trickster - devious, sneaky
Tendencies: impulsive, manipulative, hateful
Dominant Capabilities: enticing, seducing, tempting, exploiting
Conditions: Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissism, Sociopathy
bannexy

Re: My theory of personality types

Post by bannexy »

What is the underlying psychology behind the desire to get tattoo's? As tattoo's are painful, a little risky, and more or less permanent, I suspect there is some sort of insecurity/attention seeking psychology at work. What are your thoughts?
reasonemotion

Post by reasonemotion »

Having been professionally tested via Myers Briggs my profile came up as INFJ.

So where in your scheme of things do I fit in and what mental illness do I have? This leaves me wide open for ridicule. :lol:
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

Well since you're introverted you couldn't possibly be the Charmer type. They are all extroverted types. INFJs are relationship driven so you probably aren't the Designer type. The Designer isn't a relationship driven person. They are too withdrawn to want to understand others better and be relationship driven. So you are probably the Professional type.

I have developed a career guide to go along with my theory of personality types. This is my website. It still in development.

http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/

I want to see what the interest level for this is going to be.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Not convinced
duszek

Post by duszek »

Neither am I.

I can see aspects of my personality in all three types equally.
It is the same the the horoscope: I am stubborn (which aries is supposed to be) but on the other hand I am all the other signs too.

:lol:
duszek

Post by duszek »

Sociopaths are manipulators par excellence and in order to do it they calculate like hell (the manipulee´s possible reactions).
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

Well I believe we are multifaceted and that you can see aspects of all three in your personality. But surely there is one that you see more than others.
duszek

Post by duszek »

This is a very good answer indeed. :)

I once heard that in certain phases in our lives we are introvert and in other phases extrovert. So this is not a permanent personality trait but an expression of your dynamic personality as it develops and changes during your life.

What to say about the Chinese horoscope ?
All people born in a year in the whole world are either charmers (the year of the goat, if I remember correctly) or enterprising (rats) or .... This is hard to believe, really.
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

So what are your feelings on the Myers Briggs typology?
duszek

Post by duszek »

I have a very general problem with personality typologies: I do not believe in any of them.

Every person is a unique personality, unique in space and time.
And this personality usually is and should be in constant change.

If it is not in constant change then there is something wrong, I would say, but I never studied psychology or psychiatry.

A lifetime is not enough to grasp the essence of just one person´s personality, really, if we want to be honest.

Let us pick someone at random here .... for example Mr Arising.

I have known him for a couple of years and he surprises me again and again. Perhaps he develops his personality intentionally and systematically using some NLP techniques.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

But since you believe in these typologies maybe you can show us how your own personality fits into this or that category ?
If it is not too personal.
You know yourself better than anybody else and thus have a priviledged and unbiased access to your own personality.
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

Of my typology I am probably the Designer. I've been told I have Asperger's traits. I have been diagnosed as having manic depression. I think my online persona is more aligned towards Aseperger's syndrome.

Last year for a work seminar I completed a Myers Briggs questionnaire / test and other than introversion I honestly can't remember which one I was. I am probably INTJ.
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

There are three basic types that exist as productive members of society. These types are a model for society.
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

There is a multitude and a variety of ways in which to categorize folk into 'types', I dare say an almost infinite ways. Types are however not so interesting these days, much more interesting is traits that can be combined into unique types whose only name-tag remains a person's official identity.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Good answer.