My theory of personality types

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kimani

Re: My theory of personality types

Post by Kimani »

All that is to say that personality isn’t as fluid as some would think and it’s important some time to make distinctions

To just acknowledge differences and make distinctions
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

It doesn’t work as well with “friends “

Ross and chandler comparisons

Because Ross is almost cartoonish in how goofy and awkward and weird he’s portrayed and chandler is just Barney Stinson on mute. He’s sarcastic and charming just like Barney and rarely takes anything seriously like Barney. Ross is a very thinly sculpted character by comparison
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

"Use the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator:

Communication
Leadership
Decision-making
Change management
Stress management
Team development
Coaching
Career development

About
The Myers-Briggs Company is one of the world’s largest business psychology providers. In our fast-changing world, your edge lies in harnessing 100 percent of your talent – whether you’re at work, home, college, or anywhere in between.

Your success and sense of fulfilment aren’t just about what you know and what you can do, they hinge on your relationships and interactions with others.

We empower individuals to be the best versions of themselves by enriching self-awareness and understanding of others. We help organizations of all sizes improve teamwork and collaboration, develop inspirational leaders, foster diversity and solve their most complex people challenges. As a Certified B Corporation®, The Myers-Briggs Company is a force for good. We’re established assessment developers, expert trainers and business psychologists. Our powerfully practical solutions are grounded in a deep understanding of the significant social and technological trends that affect people and organizations."

From what I understand it is used only for the above.
There is no claim to diagnose signs or symptoms of any disorder.

Kimani, take one example Asperger's syndrome you give, this is technically no longer a diagnosis on its own.
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

There are Myers Briggs types that line up with Asperger’s

It’s not really that different from this thing once you get past how more types and less generalized it is

Diagnosing autism is just one thing it’s for it deals with other less severe disorders and tries to frame them in a more positive way

Like narcissism / borderline
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

Dr Ballard the psychologist who worked with me made a point agreeing with you that the Myers does not specialize in diagnosing personality disorders. My test is similar enough that It’s not really that different so the mb could be used in that way.
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

You know even before udc there was Wilfred Johnson this retired Howard professor who brought to my attention how important it is to have a threshold score so the test does what it’s supposed to do. Some sort of scale for measuring the test scores. I was in the dark more before meeting him but this threshold score idea he turned me onto was like a real scientific foundation I needed so it wasn’t just Jung mysticism and fantasy. Something more so people would take it more seriously
Last edited by Kimani on Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

——-