Why Do I Feel Hopless?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Why Do I Feel Hopless?

Post by Walker »

bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:19 pm Praying is good but it is not enough.
Rather than a question that requires you to define enough, and since we're playing with the same deck of cards, let's define enough as, gumption, and roll with that rather than wait for you to ask another question.

Rolling with that: Motive force heats up gumption until it hops, and prayer is a proven tender* for focusing motive force.

* the meaning can hop to tinder, too.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:44 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:19 pm Praying is good but it is not enough.
Rather than a question that requires you to define enough, and since we're playing with the same deck of cards, let's define enough as, gumption, and roll with that rather than wait for you to ask another question.
He is a human being. He can control his thought to some extent as any person has a limit. Either he thinks that he can control his thought or not. In the second case, I recommend he visits a therapist.
Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:44 pm Rolling with that: Motive force heats up gumption until it hops, and prayer is a proven tender* for focusing motive force.

* the meaning can hop to tinder, too.
What do you mean by meaning?
Walker

Post by Walker »

bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:59 pm What do you mean by meaning?
A particular phenomenon that you perceive, identified by a name, whether it be human or cosmological, is a static conceptual entity subject to static rather than dynamic analysis and compiled of the elements required to create meaning. When an element is missing that will create meaning, then one can either conjure up some mystery element such as dark matter, continue the enquiry with the same mind that created lack of meaning, or throw your hands up and say, "Land sakes alive, meaning is not possible. Guess that pins me up on the nihilist corkboard."

bahman, although your questions are endless you have currently exceeded your ration of external answers for today, and perhaps tomorrow, so I encourage you to enquire within.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:27 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:59 pm What do you mean by meaning?
A particular phenomenon that you perceive, identified by a name, whether it be human or cosmological, is a static conceptual entity subject to static rather than dynamic analysis and compiled of the elements required to create meaning. When an element is missing that will create meaning, then one can either conjure up some mystery element such as dark matter, continue the enquiry with the same mind that created lack of meaning, or throw your hands and say, "Land sakes alive, meaning is not possible. Guess that pins me up on the nihilist corkboard."

bahman, although your questions are endless you have currently exceeded your ration of external answers for today, and perhaps tomorrow, so I encourage you to enquire within.
I haven't experienced meaning yet. So I don't know if it exists at all.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:19 pm I think you gotta see a therapist. Sounds like you're extremely lonely, possibly not happy with employment (or unemployed), and almost certainly mentally ill - which isn't meant offensively, I have a great deal of sympathy for you. But nobody here can treat you if that's the case.

Can you afford to talk about this with a therapist?
im in the marines. I dont want somebody to try and solve me like a puzzle. i just people who think like i do
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:21 pm "But nobody here can treat you if that's the case."

speak for yourself pal. i spent three years in mental institutions for the criminally insane so I've almost got a bachelor's in psychology.

go ahead, Topps. I'm here for u.
im not mentally insane or crazy, i dont believe in that sort of thing. people are they way they are, they just gatta find the reaso to why, they are
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:23 pm I have to say it's a bit ironic the way you keep saying how much you hate 'killers' while at the same time mentioning in almost every post that you are/were in the Marines. I got the impression that you were an old guy harking back to the past, yet you are still very young. What were you doing in the Marine corps? Handing out lollies and teddy bears?
The best thing you could do for yourself is lose the hypocritical, self-righteous kristian nut-jobbery. It has obviously driven you round the bend.
you have absolutely no idea what self-righteous means then, cause never once did i ever dilate myslef greater then i ever was,
and yeah big man u ever tried for boot camp? or Mct? didnt think so. youve dont nothing in your life to push yourself as hard as me or anyone else has whos joined, so it kinda sound slike you cant live with the fact youve been on this page since 2012- damn near 11 fuckin years a whole ass decade.

so i completely understand hearing about someone's accomplishments, and still feeling down in life.

what kind of person is jealous to the point they legit degrade someone for doing the best they can and doing even more than they did???? maybe the internet is the place you were meant to be. :wink:
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:17 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:19 pm I think you gotta see a therapist. Sounds like you're extremely lonely, possibly not happy with employment (or unemployed), and almost certainly mentally ill - which isn't meant offensively, I have a great deal of sympathy for you. But nobody here can treat you if that's the case.

im in the marines. I dont want somebody to try and solve me like a puzzle. i just people who think like i do
I think you'd be surprised about what the role of a therapist actually is. It's a movie trope that you're a puzzle for them to solve, the reality is more nuanced
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:29 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:23 pm I have to say it's a bit ironic the way you keep saying how much you hate 'killers' while at the same time mentioning in almost every post that you are/were in the Marines. I got the impression that you were an old guy harking back to the past, yet you are still very young. What were you doing in the Marine corps? Handing out lollies and teddy bears?
The best thing you could do for yourself is lose the hypocritical, self-righteous kristian nut-jobbery. It has obviously driven you round the bend.
you have absolutely no idea what self-righteous means then, cause never once did i ever dilate myslef greater then i ever was,
and yeah big man u ever tried for boot camp? or Mct? didnt think so. youve dont nothing in your life to push yourself as hard as me or anyone else has whos joined, so it kinda sound slike you cant live with the fact youve been on this page since 2012- damn near 11 fuckin years a whole ass decade.

so i completely understand hearing about someone's accomplishments, and still feeling down in life.

what kind of person is jealous to the point they legit degrade someone for doing the best they can and doing even more than they did???? maybe the internet is the place you were meant to be. :wink:
That's funny, coming from someone who comes on here and 'writes' (did you you even go to school?) about how he's going to commit mass murder before he's 30 if the rest of the population hasn't stepped up to the exacting standard of perfection that he himself has attained. That sounds pretty self righteous to me.
How many human beings did you murder when you were in the Marines? Did you get thrown out for being too psychopathic and unstable? (an irony in itself). You judge the 'worth' or others by whether or not they have attended 'boot camps'?? I wonder how many 'boot camps' Einstein attended. Or Carl Sagan. Or Isaac Newton. Or anyone else of any worth in the entire history of the human race... All the military does is churn out brain-dead, robotic pawns for self-serving politicians. Heck, military types even look and speak like robots.
I love this site for all the irony I see on here, most of which come from American kristian religious maniacs who invariably worship the military and shriek loudest in support of the death penalty.

brain dead soldiers 2.jpg
brain dead soldiers 2.jpg (56.65 KiB) Viewed 756 times
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:08 pm

That's funny, coming from someone who comes on here and 'writes' (did you you even go to school?) about how he's going to commit mass murder before he's 30 if the rest of the population hasn't stepped up to the exacting standard of perfection that he himself has attained. That sounds pretty self righteous to me.
How many human beings did you murder when you were in the Marines? Did you get thrown out for being too psychopathic and unstable? (an irony in itself). You judge the 'worth' or others by whether or not they have attended 'boot camps'?? I wonder how many 'boot camps' Einstein attended. Or Carl Sagan. Or Isaac Newton. Or anyone else of any worth in the entire history of the human race... All the military does is churn out brain-dead, robotic pawns for self-serving politicians. Heck, military types even look and speak like robots.
I love this site for all the irony I see on here, most of which come from American kristian religious maniacs who invariably worship the military and shriek loudest in support of the death penalty.
1. never did i say that people deserve punishment for being as "great" as i am, nor did i ever speak of myself as "great" any way.
2. you cant spell Christian
3. you have absolutely know idea the difference between a just kill and murder,
-murder is and unjust kill
-punishment is deserved
4. Nor did i ever say that the wise minds that once lived were shit because they didnt attend boot camp.
and ur not good at history either becuase Isaac Newton was an ARMY OFFICER who was known for inventing the fuckin Lewis Gun, a lightweight sub machine gun. like cmon now at least know shit before throwing names out.
-and still i said that YOU aint shit because you insist on providing the most biased ass evidence and then shit talk as if that backs up all of your pathetic statements. BECAUSE you havent amounted to shit....that my friend is what i said.
5. im still in the Marines.
6.one who sees no God. Sees nothing in himself.
vegetariantaxidermy

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:35 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:08 pm

1. never did i say that people deserve punishment for being as "great" as i am, nor did i ever speak of myself as "great" any way.
2. you cant spell Christian
3. you have absolutely know idea the difference between a just kill and murder,
-murder is and unjust kill
-punishment is deserved
4. Nor did i ever say that the wise minds that once lived were shit because they didnt attend boot camp.
and ur not good at history either becuase Isaac Newton was an ARMY OFFICER who was known for inventing the fuckin Lewis Gun, a lightweight sub machine gun. like cmon now at least know shit before throwing names out.
-and still i said that YOU aint shit because you insist on providing the most biased ass evidence and then shit talk as if that backs up all of your pathetic statements. BECAUSE you havent amounted to shit....that my friend is what i said.
5. im still in the Marines.
6.one who sees no God. Sees nothing in himself.
Go fuck yourself, and tell the military you want your brain back while you are at it (on second thought it's probably too late for that. Your parents had already removed it when they took it out to 'wash').
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:17 pm

I think you'd be surprised about what the role of a therapist actually is. It's a movie trope that you're a puzzle for them to solve, the reality is more nuanced
ive literally been told that "this is our last time' from a therapist just beause i didnt need "help" with anything. becuase i just wanted to talk to someone.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:37 pm

Go fuck yourself, and tell the military you want your brain back while you are at it.
Imagine getting so mad that your wrong u gatta start talkin shit instead of proving your point :D
vegetariantaxidermy

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:39 pm

Go fuck yourself, and tell the military you want your brain back while you are at it.
Imagine getting so mad that your wrong u gatta start talkin shit instead of proving your point :D
Your illiteracy is just offensive. Is that an affectation? Could anyone really be that thick? I could write better than that at five (A LOT better).

ps. I don't have anything to 'prove' here. Your posts speak for themselves. I'm only responding to what you have written :lol:
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:41 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:39 pm

Your illiteracy is just offensive. Is that an affectation? Could anyone really be that thick? I could write better than that at five (A LOT better).

ps. I don't have anything to 'prove' here. Your posts speak for themselves. I'm only responding to what you have written :lol:
my laptop hasn't auto corrected shit so I'm deducting that you cant read

and of course you got something to prove, why else do you keep having negative comments on every post you reply to. no one asked you to join, and knowing our past confrontations you knew it was me who started this page it says it at the top, and yet sill intentionally joined yourself in on a topic i posted.

kind of funny how that works out huh?
.....ALMOST like you wanted to reply