Why Do I Feel Hopless?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Toppsy Kretts

Why Do I Feel Hopless?

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Why do I feel hopeless?

I feel as if i have a plan like anyone else, i have objectives. Though i get so far and it doesn't necessarily get harder but remind me that-What does this amount to in the end? This life i live, for my future kids? For a nice retirement? What does any of this mean?

I pray to god im doing everything right, but i feel like sober from something ive never had. And i dont know how to get better. Ive never been depressed really but i cant seem to get over as if i have this pit within me that cant be filled.

I dont know if its because ive never been in a relationship and the lack of human love one gets from that is causing my instinct human traits to wither within and crave what one is supposed to have to...idk complete life?

We are interactive creatures, were meant to care, to share, to hurt, to crave and to love. but i see so many times the lack of human existence within so many people and in those times i only see savages, lost within a world they've created, one of pure hell. One of hate, anger, rage. One of pure agony.

I hate the wicked of this world. The only times i feel strong enough to complete is when im loathing this world. When im craving the pain and suffering from everyone around me. From my enemies, and from the ones i love most. That part scares me the most. I have this thought that everyone is made exactly the way they are for some reason therefor everyone's purpose is different therefore we dont act the same...Though, i cant seem do matter how many ways i deduct my own life for the urges i have to be made in anyway good for me,

i hate the wicked as i said before, am i meant to use these cravings for pain upon those who deserve it? Am i one of gods embodiments of hatred? Is the soul purpose for my existence to damage the will of the wicked to crumble amongst those who carry it?

I keep pushing on, the Marine Corps taught me how to will further than i usually did, and i am convincing myself that...by my 30th birthday,
if things of this world have not changed then im laying down everything down before god, im giving it all to him, and my only mission will to be the nightmare that keeps those who do evil to others the killers, the rapists, the psychos and the sadist, i give you my word you will come to know me well.
I dont have as many guns, but a knife will do just fine. The Punisher is a movie, and i didnt have a family stripped from me either, but the way i feel towards others make me feel like they are. I will die by the knife, i will not leave this life in complacency. I will earn my redemption from my own mind.

As much i understand others, i cant seem to wrap my head around my own. Therefore i can only guess i have to do what i can tmost assume is the right thing to do.

I just pray im not wrong. I pray im okay in the end. I pray that eventually i am worthy.
Walker

Re: Why Do I Feel Hopless?

Post by Walker »

I recommend reading Freedom From the Known by Jiddu Krishnamurti. The first page describes your perceptions.
https://jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en/freed ... -chapter-1

He states that faith invariably leads to violence. Therefore the self-question: When feeling violent, where is your faith? If you think you have no faith in anything, and you feel violent, then you're wrong. Violence of body, voice, or mind has a cause, the cause is faith. It may be faith in one's self-concept, and violence is the defense of that faith.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:52 am I recommend reading Freedom From the Known by Jiddu Krishnamurti. The first page describes your perceptions.
https://jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en/freed ... -chapter-1

He states that faith invariably leads to violence. Therefore the self-question: When feeling violent, where is your faith? If you think you have no faith in anything, and you feel violent, then you're wrong. Violence of body, voice, or mind has a cause, the cause is faith. It may be faith in one's self-concept, and violence is the defense of that faith.
I'm reading it now, it was really good to finally read something that contrasted to my state of mine
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"I pray to god im doing everything right, but i feel like sober from something ive never had. And i dont know how to get better."

if you feel hopless and sober then u should consider buying some beer; it has hops in it and it will prevent u from being sober.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I think you gotta see a therapist. Sounds like you're extremely lonely, possibly not happy with employment (or unemployed), and almost certainly mentally ill - which isn't meant offensively, I have a great deal of sympathy for you. But nobody here can treat you if that's the case.

Can you afford to talk about this with a therapist?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"But nobody here can treat you if that's the case."

speak for yourself pal. i spent three years in mental institutions for the criminally insane so I've almost got a bachelor's in psychology.

go ahead, Topps. I'm here for u.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I have to say it's a bit ironic the way you keep saying how much you hate 'killers' while at the same time mentioning in almost every post that you are/were in the Marines. I got the impression that you were an old guy harking back to the past, yet you are still very young. What were you doing in the Marine corps? Handing out lollies and teddy bears?
The best thing you could do for yourself is lose the hypocritical, self-righteous kristian nut-jobbery. It has obviously driven you round the bend.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:21 pm "But nobody here can treat you if that's the case."

speak for yourself pal. i spent three years in mental institutions for the criminally insane so I've almost got a bachelor's in psychology.
I'm having a hard time interpreting this. You spent three years in those institutions because you yourself are criminally insane?

If so, absolutely, I take it back. OP, let this guy treat you.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 pm
promethean75 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:21 pm "But nobody here can treat you if that's the case."

I'm having a hard time interpreting this. You spent three years in those institutions because you yourself are criminally insane?

If so, absolutely, I take it back. OP, let this guy treat you.
It must be true, because everyone knows that it takes exactly three years to cure someone who is 'criminally insane' :roll:
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Promethean is a fast learner
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"What were you doing in the Marine corps?"

Looking for a few good men?

"You spent three years in those institutions because you yourself are criminally insane?"

No I wuz just an opposituonally defiant juvenile delinquent, not a crazy person. But the only place that would take me wuz the main state mental hospital... so I wuz around the real crazy people all day and I know how they roll.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

cheer up, a hopless frog could be more hopeless...

if you know how you want to get where you're going, that's half the battle- getting there isn't the point

-Imp
Dontaskme

Re: Why Do I Feel Hopeless?

Post by Dontaskme »

Morpheus: I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Tumbling down the rabbit hole? Hmm?
Neo: You could say that.
Morpheus: I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
Morpheus: I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Neo: The Matrix.
Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?
Neo: Yes.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 am Why do I feel hopeless?
We all feel differently at different times. Did you feel the same a long time ago? You might feel different tomorrow.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 am I feel as if i have a plan like anyone else, i have objectives. Though i get so far and it doesn't necessarily get harder but remind me that-What does this amount to in the end? This life i live, for my future kids? For a nice retirement? What does any of this mean?
Nothing. You can, however, be in a state of peace if you know how to achieve it. You cannot scape reality, this life, after life, you have to live it, with or without meaning.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 am I pray to god im doing everything right, but i feel like sober from something ive never had. And i dont know how to get better. Ive never been depressed really but i cant seem to get over as if i have this pit within me that cant be filled.
You cannot possibly be as depressed as I was. Now, I am doing just fine. You will be fine. Everything is a matter of time.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 am I dont know if its because ive never been in a relationship and the lack of human love one gets from that is causing my instinct human traits to wither within and crave what one is supposed to have to...idk complete life?

We are interactive creatures, were meant to care, to share, to hurt, to crave and to love. but i see so many times the lack of human existence within so many people and in those times i only see savages, lost within a world they've created, one of pure hell. One of hate, anger, rage. One of pure agony.
That is a little exaggerated. There are righteous people too.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 am I hate the wicked of this world. The only times i feel strong enough to complete is when im loathing this world. When im craving the pain and suffering from everyone around me. From my enemies, and from the ones i love most. That part scares me the most. I have this thought that everyone is made exactly the way they are for some reason therefor everyone's purpose is different therefore we dont act the same...Though, i cant seem do matter how many ways i deduct my own life for the urges i have to be made in anyway good for me,
If you think that you cannot control your thoughts then perhaps it is better to meet a therapist and maybe get hospitalized for a while. I was hospitalized three times. There is nothing bad about it.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 am i hate the wicked as i said before, am i meant to use these cravings for pain upon those who deserve it? Am i one of gods embodiments of hatred? Is the soul purpose for my existence to damage the will of the wicked to crumble amongst those who carry it?
That is not your duty to cause pain to evil people!
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 am I keep pushing on, the Marine Corps taught me how to will further than i usually did, and i am convincing myself that...by my 30th birthday,
if things of this world have not changed then im laying down everything down before god, im giving it all to him, and my only mission will to be the nightmare that keeps those who do evil to others the killers, the rapists, the psychos and the sadist, i give you my word you will come to know me well.
Again, if you think that you cannot control your thoughts then perhaps it is better to meet a therapist and maybe get hospitalized for a while.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:43 am I dont have as many guns, but a knife will do just fine. The Punisher is a movie, and i didnt have a family stripped from me either, but the way i feel towards others make me feel like they are. I will die by the knife, i will not leave this life in complacency. I will earn my redemption from my own mind.

As much i understand others, i cant seem to wrap my head around my own. Therefore i can only guess i have to do what i can tmost assume is the right thing to do.

I just pray im not wrong. I pray im okay in the end. I pray that eventually i am worthy.
Praying is good but it is not enough.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:58 pm cheer up, a hopless frog could be more hopeless...

if you know how you want to get where you're going, that's half the battle- getting there isn't the point

-Imp
Hopealong Cassidy could always leapfrog over the bad guys.