Why Do I Feel Hopless?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Why Do I Feel Hopless?

Post by Age »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:37 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:17 pm

im in the marines. I dont want somebody to try and solve me like a puzzle. i just people who think like i do
I think you'd be surprised about what the role of a therapist actually is. It's a movie trope that you're a puzzle for them to solve, the reality is more nuanced
ive literally been told that "this is our last time' from a therapist just beause i didnt need "help" with anything.
Is this because you kept telling the "therapist" that you do not need help with anything?
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:37 pm becuase i just wanted to talk to someone.
So, are you saying here that an adult human being would NOT take money from you when all they have to do is just 'listen' to you?

Post by Age »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:06 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:45 pm Here we have a poster who openly admits to fantasising about mass murdering those he deems to be 'bad people'. A self-righteous, psychopathic religious nut-job who is trained in the military. Hmmm.
once again, never has i stated i am self-righteous nor expressed such claims. people like me are the ones who gave you the availability to be who you are now. Without the men and women who are willing to get there hands dirty this world would be more chaotic then it already is.

im self-righteous? you someone who thinks killing someone is bad, and that making the judge call to execute a life is bad. How the fuck do you think people determine who lives and who dies out in the field? You live in a world that doesn't exist created by these false ideologies that just boost your ego. The thoughts you have serve no cause in the grand span of life. your the guy thats ganna get someone killed cause you cant even see the truth.

your close-minded and stubborn, egotistical and self-righteous narcissist.

You cant even try to understand someone the first thing you do is degrade them. what help to humanity is that?
At least that one STOPS at 'degrading' "the other", whereas you would CONTINUE ON to KILL "the other", after you have 'de-graded' 'them'.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:06 pm what have you done to contribute to society? to prove your life is worth living?

your now a foe, why would i want to read a comment from a user that lives on a page supposed to be philosophical but just choses to pose as someone who believes he's smart whilst using big words and the same repeating statement trying to prove a point that never existed???? :?:

i pray you find your worth in the world, cause it obviously doesn't show you have when you live on here

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:29 am
Age wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:23 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:19 pm I think you gotta see a therapist. Sounds like you're extremely lonely, possibly not happy with employment (or unemployed), and almost certainly mentally ill - which isn't meant offensively, I have a great deal of sympathy for you. But nobody here can treat you if that's the case.

Can you afford to talk about this with a therapist?
I would suggest that because the government played a big part in CAUSING the situation that this one is IN now, through the indoctrination of 'the marines' thinking/believing, then the government steps up and PAYS for the HELP and BETTERMENT of this person.
Why in the WORLD are you SUGGESTING that HERE?
To MAKE A POINT.

See the MORE the "citizens" come to REALIZE what is ACTUALLY happening and occurring to them, then the QUICKER, SIMPLER, and EASIER for 'governments' TO CHANGE, for the betterment OF ALL.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:29 am The GOVERNMENT isn't HERE and doesn't CARE ABOUT the contents of this FORUM. Send a LETTER to your SENATORS.
The 'government', and its 'de-part-mental workers', ALSO do NOT care about the contents of ANY letters I would send to them, that is; IF I EVER DID.

Furthermore, WHY did you write some words here in capital letters?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:53 am The 'government', and its 'de-part-mental workers', ALSO do NOT care about the contents of ANY letters I would send to them, that is; IF I EVER DID.

EYE could ASK the SAME to "YOU"

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:35 am
Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:53 am The 'government', and its 'de-part-mental workers', ALSO do NOT care about the contents of ANY letters I would send to them, that is; IF I EVER DID.

EYE could ASK the SAME to "YOU"
And 'I', unlike 'you', WOULD ANSWER THE ACTUAL QUESTION.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:36 am
commonsense wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:27 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:49 am

its cool Vegetable-Brain is literally on here to cause problems, why else would someone respond to everything and purposefully constantly degrade everything??

not to mention he misspelled Qua zillion :D
TAKE THE TEST.
yeah man, im not depressed, i took the test got a 5
Now that it is apparent that you are not depressed, we can all safely conclude that you are a sociopath.

The Marines don’t create sociopaths. They recruit them.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Can the author of this thread please edit the title to hopeless. At least to stop me of thinking about legless rabbits. :wink:

As for you humans ..be well dear precious ones.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:32 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:27 pm

TAKE THE TEST.
Now that it is apparent that you are not depressed, we can all safely conclude that you are a sociopath.

Good point. Although it could be argued that it could 'awaken' something that was otherwise dormant, and give ample opportunity to indulge sadistic fantasies.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:35 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:32 pm

Good point. Although it could be argued that it could 'awaken' something that was otherwise dormant, and give ample opportunity to indulge sadistic fantasies.
Yes. They attract those dormant ones.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:32 pm I'm reading it now, it was really good to finally read something that contrasted to my state of mine
Even if unintentional, "state of mine" is an interesting concept.

Freedom From The Known

I’ve heard that Freedom From The Known by J. Krishnamuri was spontaneous public speaking, which is a style of transmission akin to spontaneous public writing such as this.

Stepping out of the known constraints of time to think about the here and now …

Free will advocates say that free will must exist because the future is unknown. Because the future is unknown one chooses actions that will produce an intended future, and these actions are based on what is known of causation. The particular future one intends to produce is either close or far. “Close” is to buy lunch that will produce an immediate future of no hunger. “Far” is scratching in the dirt, dropping a seed, and cultivating the seed so that the immediate energy from lunch is used to act in ways that produce a lot of no hunger. Obviously, bringing about an intended future is not within everyone’s capacity, whether that future be the next meal or a bumper crop. Even when the map has been drawn, lots of restaurants fail early on, even big chain restaurant franchises that promise success. Even political franchises of The Party that promise utopia and reparations can fail in their intent.

Because the future is unknown, then free will advocates say that anything other than free will is delusional, and this is because such notions of no free will are based on assumed knowledge that a predictable future can be achieved. However, in regards to no-choice, this is a misunderstanding of what no choice means.

To have no choice means to literally be free of any assumed rules concerning known causation because in many things involving folks, those rules don't apply. The explanation is evident and all around. For example, who would choose to live on the street in filth and drug addiction unless they had to do that, especially after seeing the mouth of a long-term meth head?

Obviously, if one purports to know the future then one is actually making choices to make that future happen based on what is known of causation, and because one must do that, one is in fact enslaved by a delusion of what the future should be based on what is known of causation.

To be free of the known means to be free of choice. It does not mean that one possesses knowledge of the future.

That kind of knowledge, that purported knowledge of the future, is reserved for those who believe in the free will to choose actions that will bring about that future. Free will believers are moving under the assumption that if they do everything required to bring about a particular future, then the imagined future can be known, all the while assuming that they know and can do what they imagine is required. For example, Climatechangeologists assume that sacrificing the benefits of technology now, will mean that the future will always be sunny in Philadelphia.

To have no choice can be described as riding the winds of Wu Wei, and how that happens can be observed through an example of one who didn’t call it that. He called it a type of Samadhi.

There’s an anecdote about Sri Ramana Maharshi that illustrates actionless action. He took a walk one day and a bunch of people followed him, each for their own reasons, which were likely to hear his words, and to be in his silence when he wasn’t speaking. During the walk he picked up a straight stick and began peeling off the bark while they walked. After he peeled off the bark he picked up a rough leaf and smoothed the wood as best as the leaf could smooth. When he finished the seemingly random activity to his satisfaction, they encountered a boy who was herding sheep, and he had lost his staff. Apparently a staff is necessary for a little sheep herder. Upon hearing this, Sri Ramana Maharshi simply handed over the staff that he had prepared without apparent purpose.

It’s possible that the boy who received the gift of a new staff was a little hustler who spotted the new staff and was doing a bit of indirect panhandling, counting on the generosity of the obvious leader of that pack, which would make sense because they were obviously hanging on Sri Ramana’s every word and gesture. But since he was a country boy herding sheep, he may not have yet been exposed to the secondary conditions that would activate any intrinsic human greed and cynicism. In other words, we assume his innocent sincerity, and that he wasn’t a transplanted beggar from the slums of Bombay, which was quite distant from their location.

Recently I bought a buffing wheel and some jeweler’s rouge for the low speed bench grinder. After I polished up the modest collection of Native American jewelry and some gold jewelry, I went into the kitchen by the gas stove and picked up the the workhorse crystal and silver salt and pepper shakers that rightfully should be used for special occasions. The silver caps and threads had not been polished in fifty years. The salt cap had some deep pits and the rest of the precious metal was mottled shades of gray. The effort took about a minute and all I did was properly guide the piece over the buffing wheel. The result, unintended, was to free the cook from the known, oxidized dullness and reveal what had always been hidden and thus unknown (although known in the abstract) … which was the shiny bright solid element of silver. We’ll see what that does for the cooking.

This came about because like Sri Ramana Maharshi, I was just having fun with beauty, i.e., effortless, choiceless, actionless action resulting in unknown implications, and unlike the Climatechangeologists, with just a bit of grit, a new wheel, and bit of electricity, none of which required changing the economy for the sake of the weather, although the endeavors of our betters might succeed in rationing electricity so that bench grinding becomes a licensed activity requiring fees and badges.

Ain’t this a beautiful and fun little explanation of no-choice that we just had? Any response that goes beyond yes or no would be interesting and if one so intends, perhaps good.

You may ask why all this, why all these words, and because of that I’ll ask for you. Why all this?

As an explanation, which is just always after the fact, let's call it an exercise in Dada, that is, actionless action that is consistent with any unknown, although entirely possible, supramundane consequence resulting in identification of principles.

Given this rich cornucopia of contemplative launching pads, what do you think?
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Walker wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:54 am
i dont see your point to all that,

is it that no matter what we do everything happens for a reason???
Walker

Post by Walker »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:17 pm

That’s a good launching pad for a contemplation from a meaning that you derived, whether or not I intended that meaning. Once the inner thought becomes the outer action, e.g. the written word, you no longer control its meaning. Thus, we seek objective meanings as an ideal.

If I were you, which of course is not possible, I’d begin a contemplation of the derived meaning with some known correlations such as: Because God made it, it must have a purpose. * And when you distill that saying about purpose down to its gist, a gist that can be applied to any situation and action within that situation, it all becomes very clear with the enquiry, is the action good, or evil? If they tell you that good and evil is relative you have to wonder, why the insistence to disprove what is obvious? The answer is probably because they’re looking for the wrong clues rather than any clues, and this causes philosophy Sherlocks to notice affectations rather than principles.

The way I figure it, everyone knows the right thing to do, and if you do the right thing then you know it. That is basic goodness. If you don’t do the right thing, and you know what the right thing to do is, then that is evil although because the innate principle applies to every situation, there are degrees of evil, and each degree is caused by knowing that one is doing the wrong thing. Does this mean that the innocence caused by ignorance is good? Not necessarily because ignorance is a childish thing and when one becomes a man, it’s no longer an excuse, no longer innocent.

This is why the ignorance of secular law is no defense for breaking the law, but the ignorance can mitigate the punishment for infractions. Where it gets dicy is not necessarily when there are too many laws, but rather, when certain laws are ignored and enforced depending on the person who broke the law, or who is somehow injured because someone broke the law. It’s a class thing, which obviously is inherent in folks and then specifically applied if the secondary conditions of society are in play when the primary condition of inherency is present. This inequity applies to the two ends of the bell curve, however capital crimes are less prone to corruption if well publicized, as is presidental negligence. Every society has a class structure, what varies is the inequity of content, perks, and punishments because of the class structure. It’s only natural.

Until recently Brandon has been protected by the class structure defined by the views controlled by the Party.

How about that Chinese balloon? The only reason it was shot down was because the media can't ignore everything when folks look up and see a moon drifting across the sky.

One could say that China was mooning the USA.

* a conceptual cure for hopelessness, much like love is a conceptual cure for harsh conditions.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Walker wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:55 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:17 pm

That’s a good launching pad for a contemplation from a meaning that you derived, whether or not I intended that meaning. Once the inner thought becomes the outer action, e.g. the written word, you no longer control its meaning. Thus, we seek objective meanings as an ideal.

If I were you, which of course is not possible, I’d begin a contemplation of the derived meaning with some known correlations such as: Because God made it, it must have a purpose. * And when you distill that saying about purpose down to its gist, a gist that can be applied to any situation and action within that situation, it all becomes very clear with the enquiry, is the action good, or evil? If they tell you that good and evil is relative you have to wonder, why the insistence to disprove what is obvious? The answer is probably because they’re looking for the wrong clues rather than any clues, and this causes philosophy Sherlocks to notice affectations rather than principles.

The way I figure it, everyone knows the right thing to do, and if you do the right thing then you know it. That is basic goodness. If you don’t do the right thing, and you know what the right thing to do is, then that is evil although because the innate principle applies to every situation, there are degrees of evil, and each degree is caused by knowing that one is doing the wrong thing. Does this mean that the innocence caused by ignorance is good? Not necessarily because ignorance is a childish thing and when one becomes a man, it’s no longer an excuse, no longer innocent.

This is why the ignorance of secular law is no defense for breaking the law, but the ignorance can mitigate the punishment for infractions. Where it gets dicy is not necessarily when there are too many laws, but rather, when certain laws are ignored and enforced depending on the person who broke the law, or who is somehow injured because someone broke the law. It’s a class thing, which obviously is inherent in folks and then specifically applied if the secondary conditions of society are in play when the primary condition of inherency is present. This inequity applies to the two ends of the bell curve, however capital crimes are less prone to corruption if well publicized, as is presidental negligence. Every society has a class structure, what varies is the inequity of content, perks, and punishments because of the class structure. It’s only natural.

Until recently Brandon has been protected by the class structure defined by the views controlled by the Party.

How about that Chinese balloon? The only reason it was shot down was because the media can't ignore everything when folks look up and see a moon drifting across the sky.

One could say that China was mooning the USA.

* a conceptual cure for hopelessness, much like love is a conceptual cure for harsh conditions.
I don't doubt you have a meaning to all of that but im lost from what looks like you about to explain how im derived, which is fine i want to hear what you have to say this is a social organization, but im sorry i got lost again from your words on referencing the China balloon and all the other stuff about Brandon.

simplify it down lol/
Walker

Post by Walker »

:)

I see. You had to take the mundane portal.

Naw. I like it the way it is.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:09 am
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:37 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 pm
I think you'd be surprised about what the role of a therapist actually is. It's a movie trope that you're a puzzle for them to solve, the reality is more nuanced
ive literally been told that "this is our last time' from a therapist just beause i didnt need "help" with anything.
Is this because you kept telling the "therapist" that you do not need help with anything?
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:37 pm becuase i just wanted to talk to someone.
So, are you saying here that an adult human being would NOT take money from you when all they have to do is just 'listen' to you?

military is free, get 3k a month and dont pay for anything, medical, therapy, food, movie theaters, concerts, everything's free of course whatever want for myself i pay for but im cheap

were u from fucking Scotland???