The myth of spiritual meditation practice.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The myth of spiritual meditation practice.

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:18 pm
Just because everyone thinks you're wrong, doesn't make you right.
There is nothing wrong with you.

Only thinking makes wrongs right, and rights wrong.

You do/not exist in the way thought thinks.

But hey ho, think what you like, I don't really care, I'm just playin a role here. Or am I the role I'm playing..who knows anyway! :roll:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Without the mind for One's projection screen, where would the world/universe be (located)?

What is a projection screen? But a blank empty space in which all images appear and disappear like in every movie of I

The mind is like a mirror, it has no image and can only project an image of itself as a mirage.

The face looking back through the mirror is as empty as the seer of the image, inseparably one and the same no/thing.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:57 pm Without the mind for One's projection screen, where would the world/universe be (located)?

What is a projection screen? But a blank empty space in which all images appear and disappear like in every movie of I

The mind is like a mirror, it has no image and can only project an image of itself as a mirage.

The face looking back through the mirror is as empty as the seer of the image, inseparably one and the same no/thing.
Not everyone has images in their mind, so I think your analogy falls down, as that's not how the mind works.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:32 pm
Not everyone has images in their mind, so I think your analogy falls down, as that's not how the mind works.
The mind is a projection screen like space it has no image except as a mirror image of itself imageless.

There is nothing behind every image.

And that is how the mind works, it works and the workings are illusory.

There is no image of I

I has no face, a look in the mirror at a face staring back is as empty as the mirror itself, it's an image of the imageless.

The seer is inseparable from the seen, it's all one image. Every image is an image of the imageless, is an illusion, a myth, the self is a myth.

But don't take my word for it, discover for yourself. Beat it down all you like, say it's wrong all you like, it's your prerogative to believe in your own theory of everything, but it will not change mine.

Think of a stone..is there something wrong with a stone?

So why would there be something wrong with the seer of that stone, the stone exists as a concept known in the seer, but the stone in and of itself has no knowledge of it's existence even though it exists as a concept known, because that which is known knows nothing, and that's bascially what we are talking about here.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:47 pm
The mind is a projection screen like space it has no image except as a mirror image of itself imageless.

There is no image of I

I has no face, a look in the mirror at a face staring back is as empty as the mirror itself, it's an image of the imageless.

The seer is inseparable from the seen, it's all one image. And image of the imageless, is an illusion, a myth, the self is a myth.

But don't take my word for it, discover for yourself. Beat it down all you like, say it's wrong all you like, it's your prerogative to believe in your own theory of everything, but it will not change mine.

So why would there be something wrong with the seer of that stone, because that's bascially what we are talking about here.
The mind is not a passive receiver, but an active participant in whatever sensory input it receives. And that sensory input must bear at least some relation to reality as we would not be able to survive, otherwise.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:57 pm

There is no image of I

The seer is inseparable from the seen, it's all one image. And image of the imageless, is an illusion, a myth, the self is a myth.

So why would there be something wrong with the seer of that stone, because that's bascially what we are talking about here.
The mind is not a passive receiver, but an active participant in whatever sensory input it receives. And that sensory input must bear at least some relation to reality as we would not be able to survive, otherwise.
There is no one living life, life is living itself.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:58 pm

There is no image of I

Do you bother eating?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Maia wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:00 pm

Do you bother eating?
Eating happens when it is meant to happen. One phenomenon appearing and disappearing. No one eats. Not one is eaten. Eating happens.

Sorry, I couldn't help having fun with this viral meme that doesn't really like people or emotions.
I am sure the meme will answer for itself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Do you bother eating?
Eating is an automatic reflex of hunger which no human makes happen.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:12 pm

Do you bother eating?
Well, I prefer to rely on experience, rather than this sort of idle speculation. You are welcome to your opinion, of course, but it sounds a bit depressing, to be honest.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:19 pm

Do you bother eating?
Well, I prefer to rely on experience, rather than this sort of idle speculation. You are welcome to your opinion, of course, but it sounds a bit depressing, to be honest.
Without experience nothing is known. And that which is known, knows nothing. There is only this experiencing, where both the experiencer and experience are one and the same experiencing.

Everything that can be said to be known is nothing more than an idle speculation...including this...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:04 pm I am sure the meme will answer for itself.
The external world is your mirror.

You have no image of yourself without your external mirror image imposing itself on you.

Notice the mimic effect every time you wave into a glass mirror, and watch that wave wave back at you...that's what the external world is, it's all you walking around inside your own brain.

And here's the kicker... :wink: you have never seen your brain or any other brain, because even someone elses brain, is appearing inside your own brain that you have never seen. :D

Don't you just love this DAM philosophy. :shock:
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:25 pm
Maia wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:19 pm

Without experience nothing is known. And that which is known, knows nothing. There is only this experiencing, where both the experiencer and experience are one and the same experiencing.

Everything that can be said to be known is nothing more than an idle speculation...including this...
This is exactly the sort of thing that puts me off philosophy.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:12 pm Eating is an automatic reflex of hunger which no human makes happen.
That hound don’t hunt, DAM. It’s a statement of idle speculation.

Judging by the width and sturdiness of the complimentary wheel chairs staged in markets and department stores, for many folks eating is an habitual response to appetite rather than an "automatic reflex of hunger".

Few folks know of real hunger, and certainly the wide-wheel-chair jockeys don’t.

The so-called automatic reflex of hunger, when examined closely, is actually a psychology response of desperation caused by the physical sensations that accompany unrequited appetite.

After a few days of fasting the appetite disappears and there is no hunger. Hunger comes later, much later for the small-girth challenged. Real, true hunger for food is a warning sign that you are entering a life-threatening, starvation situation.

You can either blame God for your hunger, or start moving enough to chow down.
Last edited by Walker on Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:19 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:12 pm Eating is an automatic reflex of hunger which no human makes happen.
That hound don’t hunt, DAM. It’s a statement of idle speculation.

Judging by the width and sturdiness of the complimentary wheel chairs staged in markets and department stores, for many folks eating is an habitual response to appetite rather than an "automatic reflex of hunger".

Few folks know of real hunger, and certainly the wide-wheel-chair jockeys don’t.

The so-called automatic reflex of hunger, when examined closely, is actually a psychology response of desperation caused by the physical sensations that accompany unrequited appetite.

After a few days of fasting the appetite disappears and there is no hunger. Hunger comes later, much later for the small-girth challenged.
What she's arguing is that everything we do is like that. A reflex.
Which means that even her philosophy is like that. Similar to Tourettes utterances, if more complex.
Her philosophy just pops out of her mouth/brain. It happens.

But here's the thing....
In Tourette's what one blurts out may well have nothing to do with reality.